Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Karine Jean-Pierre: White House Press Secretary

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

She is well qualified and breaking new ground, I look forward to hearing from her.
The Hill @thehill wrote: "She will be the first black woman, the first out LGBTQ+ person to serve in this role, which is amazing because representation matters and she will give a voice to so many."

Press Secretary Psaki introduces the new White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Re: Karine Jean-Pierre: White House Press Secretary

Post by Kendra »

Good for her. I remember back when Kamala was running for president and at some event a heckler jumped on stage and tiny Karine was fearless walking him back.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:07 pm Good for her. I remember back when Kamala was running for president and at some event a heckler jumped on stage and tiny Karine was fearless walking him back.
Fearless and fierce.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Karine has subbed for Psaki maybe half a dozen times. She's been "okay" on the scale of lousy to psaki, IMO. Very, very low key. She did not seem to have a strong grasp of data or the ability to push back on the stupid. I didn't think she was a natural, and will be interested to see how she does. I wish her the best!
raison de arizona

I haven't seen the video yet so I'm not sure how they are framing it exactly. But yeah. That didn't take long.
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: Fox is now attacking incoming White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre’s partner, putting up photos of the couple together with their daughter. Jean-Pierre is openly gay.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders and Sean Spicer think new Press Sect Karine Jean-Pierre is doing poorly. Sanders: “The difference is, Sean and I had a good story to tell, and she doesn’t .. She’s gonna have to step up and get a little bit tougher and more aggressive.”
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

In other news, satan says God is doing a poor job, and Scar says Simba is not doing as good a job as he did. (Lion King reference)
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:53 pm
Sarah Huckabee-Sanders and Sean Spicer think new Press Sect Karine Jean-Pierre is doing poorly. Sanders: “The difference is, Sean and I had a good story to tell, and she doesn’t .. She’s gonna have to step up and get a little bit tougher and more aggressive.”
Apparently, their bar for "doing a good job" is how combative someone is.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:05 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:53 pm
Apparently, their bar for "doing a good job" is how combative someone is.
"a good story to tell" = lying, oh, whoops, "alternative facts."
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And for the record, Karine has done two pressers that I recall, and, to be fair. possibly a third that I don't recall. Meaning, max three.

Two (possible three) pressers.

No sample size too small.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:15 pm And for the record, Karine has done two pressers that I recall, and, to be fair. possibly a third that I don't recall. Meaning, max three.

Two (possible three) pressers.

No sample size too small.
To be fair, they'd decided she was bad a nanosecond after she was named.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
raison de arizona

Is Biden is giving a gun violence speech to distract from his political problems, sez Doocy.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: PETER DOOCY: There have been hard headlines for the White House this week. Is Biden's gun violence speech to get people talking about something else?

KARINE JEAN-PIERRE: People have died in the past couple of weeks. 19 kids died in Uvalde.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I can’t wait to see how Huckleberry handles comments on her job as Governor.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:16 pm I can’t wait to see how Huckleberry handles comments on her job as Governor.
The MAGA crowd is whining that Jean-Pierre just keeps lying. It's as though they don't know that Huck and what's her name were lying liars who lied.
raison de arizona

Yes Peter. People have the right to protest peacefully outside a restaurant as long as they aren't being violent or intimidating anyone. Just like people have the right to protest in front of the home of someone that works at an abortion clinic. Screw your obviously transparent one-way privacy concerns.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump advisor Ric Grenell: “This WH Press Secretary is terrible. And yet, we won’t talk about it in the media or in Wash DC because she’s black and lesbian.”
raison de arizona

Arena will be on Tucker Carlson tonight to discuss how he has been disrespected.
raison de arizona

Scoop: White House elbows back on "MAGA" Hatch Act violation

The White House will continue to use the term "MAGA" a week after the independent Office of Special Counsel (OSC) declared that doing so is a violation of the Hatch Act, according to a new memo obtained by Axios.

Why it matters: Since last year, White House officials have repeatedly labeled GOP members in Congress as "MAGA Republicans" as part of a larger strategy to cast them as out of touch and extreme.

State of play: On June 7, in response to a watchdog complaint about press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre's use of "MAGA Republicans," the OSC ruled that she violated the Hatch Act, which governs how federal employees can weigh in on political activities.
  • On the same day, the OSC sent guidance to agencies which stated that "MAGA" was off-limits because it was too closely connected with former President Trump's campaign for the White House.
  • "MAGA remains the campaign slogan of a current candidate for partisan political office, and therefore, its use constitutes political activity," the OSC wrote in the memo.
  • "Accordingly, federal employees should not use “MAGA” or “Make America Great Again” while on duty, in the workplace, or when acting in their official capacity, including communicating through social media, email, or on government websites."
:snippity:
https://www.axios.com/2023/06/14/hatch- ... ean-pierre
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How many thousands of times did Conway et al. violate the Hatch Act? I lost count.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Just use "lunatics" for "MAGA'... far more accurate descriptive.

Return to “Biden Administration”