Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Crypto - Bitcoin XRP ETH DarkMoon NFTs

Gregg

Re: Crypto - Bitcoin XRP ETH DarkMoon NFTs

Post by Gregg »

tek wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:42 am preparing for the day he'll be doing ads for reverse mortgages and medicare supplements..
Medicare Provider plans, the ones Joe Namath and Jimmy "JJ" Walker do now. Plus, during open enrollment month, the full on telethon ads and dedicated Medicare Open Enrollment Channels. If I see that MF with the big block of cheese one more time I'mma gonna.....
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Somebody talked Ringo into this stupid shit. :smoking:

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

NFT = Not Fucking Tangible
:nope:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Notaperson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:39 am Somebody talked Ringo into this stupid shit. :smoking:
If each first sale comes with a signed print, the NFT part seems kinda redundant.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oops.
Russia was invading, so a Ukrainian converted his life savings of $10,500 into the crypto token terra. Then the token crashed.
  • A Kyiv resident wanted to protect his savings to avoid risks from Russia's war, per The Guardian.
  • He put the $10,500 sum into terra, a "stable" crypto token that later crashed in value.
  • The Ukrainian's account is one of many stories of retail investors being burned by the crypto crash.
:snippity:
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... hed-2022-5
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

If the investors say they got burnt by the crypto crash depends highly at what fiat currency value they made their purchase. While i don't study the crypto markets, it's like any other stock or commodity market: if you were late with the stop-loss orders, stick with the stuff, take a deep breath and check back in six months.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Ooooh.. apparently Tether might be starting to crash. The whales are pulling out billions. No one knows how much reserve the people behind Tether and its single company 70 billion dollar market cap actually have. If Tether goes down, now there is something that could take the whole space down with it.

Now I am picturing a whole bunch of research projects popping up to find uses for BTC ASICs....
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think tether is supposed to stay 1 for 1 with the US dollar so people can use it as fiat money to gamble with and around crypto. If its crashing that means they have no way to accurately judge how much their paper wealth is "worth."
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tether is almost certainly a ponzi scheme. Legitimate companies with $70 Bn market cap don't do so much dancing around why they're not allowing anyone to conduct an independent audit. The only person I can think of who has dodged around proving they have the money so much is Donald Trump and is tax returns.

I would bet every dollar I had if there was some reliable way to short Tether.

Good Read

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm Good Read
Oh most holy and divine defecation. :eek:
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

From another... sit down and pour yourself a drink first...
► Show Spoiler

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Okay, let's talk about Tether for a minute. It reminds me of nothing more than a circa 1999 HYIP straight off the pages of Talk Gold.

They offer 12% interest on deposits into what they promise is nothing more than a money market fund. For a short time, they were offering 20%. Yet, they have no believable explanation of how they make that kind of money. Because, kids, if you can make that kind of money, you don't need to borrow from someone else. They presented in place of a promised audit a ginned up attestation that was copy/pasted from some place else with the numbers changed to match exactly the percentages they stole from and the dollars changed to reflect the $58 Bn they clamed to have. The only time they proved they had X dollars they had to say in advance "We'll show you on Tuesday next, at 2PM you can check our bank account" and strangely they had another affiliate transfer almost all that money in that day and back out the next. The look at you with a straight face and say they hold 5% of all the commercial paper on the planet but can't name a single company that is on the other side, and oh yeah, we have more short term paper than Amazon and yet not one single bank or broker when asked says they've ever been a counterparty with them. Add to that, banks that hold accounts for drug cartels won't do business with them because of client risk. If BBCI was still around, they wouldn't touch them and the bank that does, something akin to a local S&L in the Bahamas sure as hell isn't in position to back up anything that might happen.

Finally, they say that it's only "trolls" who dare question their integrity and they're a target because they're fixing to fuck up the old way of doing things. The narrative of some fringe crypto people that their currency is disrupting geopolitics and that's why they're getting negative attention from Western governments is just not true– when people get in trouble in the crypto world, it's generally for old-fashioned stuff like stealing money.

This would all be disturbing if it was Edward and Brian Krassenstein ripping off rubes at Moneymakergroup.com but if (when) Tether fails its gonna bring down ALL the crypto and Bitcoin will be something you can use to buy a pizza again.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW
Best cryptocurrency exchanges of 2022
Cryptocurrency exchanges allow the transfer of crypto between buyers and sellers. Learn about the top crypto exchange options.

by Scott Matteson in Innovation
on May 27, 2022, 10:07 AM PDT

What is cryptocurrency, and what is a crypto exchange?

Cryptocurrencies, often shortened to crypto, are digital or virtual currencies often in the form of tokens used to engage in secure online transactions such as payments. A crypto exchange is a digital transaction mechanism – essentially an online market – which allows you to buy and sell cryptocurrency.

The most well-known cryptocurrency is probably Bitcoin, currently valued at a whopping $29K as of May 2022, and entire industries have sprung up to help facilitate the use and exchange of crypto.

One term also worth noting is stablecoin, which refers to crypto with values tied to real-world assets such as a country’s unit of currency. Stablecoin help to ensure stable and accurate values of cryptocurrency.

The crypto exchange process is similar to any other financial transaction involving a buyer and a seller. The current market prices of the cryptocurrencies involved are factored into the transactions, and you can exchange similar or diverse types of cryptocurrency depending on your desires.

Cryptocurrency can be converted to and from typical currencies such as the U.S. dollar or Euro, and money can be moved to and from crypto accounts to typical financial accounts such as checking accounts.

Crypto wallets enable the storage of digital currencies and tokens and are highly recommended for security and ease of use.

Best cryptocurrency exchanges

The term “best” can be subject to individual interpretation, but for the purposes of this article I’ll designate the most well known, reliable, easy to use and secure options I’ve researched to designate the top crypto exchanges.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/be ... -exchange/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Crypto: Giving FWIW a new, enhanced meaning, all across the land.
tek

Post by tek »

The Crypto Song
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:o :shock:

Zurich, Switzerland

https://www.nftartday.com/
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:58 pm This would all be disturbing if it was Edward and Brian Krassenstein ripping off rubes at Moneymakergroup.com but if (when) Tether fails its gonna bring down ALL the crypto and Bitcoin will be something you can use to buy a pizza again.
You know.. when all of this is more or less over, I kinda want to buy a pizza with BTC.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Is there some way to disable the Crypto currency buttons on my PayPal and CashApp apps? Annoying as all hell shoving this upon us.
raison de arizona

Is this the right thread for this?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

New York has apparently banned Crypto mining. Now if 49 other states and maybe 190 odd countries would follow suit.

Aside from my general opinion that the whole thing is just high tech tulip bulbs, it wastes incredible amounts of energy and by extension pollutes the air more than we can afford. I am possibly open to letting them do it in Iceland. They use geothermal energy there so less carbon footprint but still....

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Hrm. So this story is a bit of a crossover between crypto and telegram. Has anyone run into discussions or existance of this exploit elsewhere? If it is real, and this post is real, I imagine a whole bunch of other telegram based groups could run into some intersting trouble.

dear crypto,

A quick summary : an unknown user claims to have found an exploit int he telegram service that allows recording messages from private groups they are not a member of, and has collected vast amounts of incriminating content from various private crypto groups.
raison de arizona

I haven't run across that, but I can believe it. Telegram is pretty messy. I'll be on the lookout for info regarding the exploit.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:01 pm I haven't run across that, but I can believe it. Telegram is pretty messy. I'll be on the lookout for info regarding the exploit.
telegram is swearing up and down that no such exploit exists, and that it must be an attempt to get users to install malware. But as you said, telegram is a mess, and not sure how much stock I put in 'we don't have an exploit like that!'. Meanwhile others are claiming to have been using it for years, but, well, anyone can claim anything and I think a lot of people are just screwing around with other people.
raison de arizona

Dogecoin investor sues Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX for $258 billion

The crypto sell-off of the past several weeks has erased hundreds of billions of dollars in paper gains and is leaving plenty of had-been crypto millionaires looking for something else to hold on to.

A class action lawsuit was filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan by an American Dogecoin investor who is accusing Elon Musk, Tesla and SpaceX of operating an illegal racketeering enterprise to inflate the price of the cryptocurrency. Musk has frequently referenced the dog-themed cryptocurrency on his Twitter account, mentions that often caused the price of the token to spike.

The plaintiff in this suit seems to use those tweets and Musk's own references to himself as the "Dogefather" as proof that Musk has been controlling the cryptocurrency and is liable for damages among investors who have lost money as the cryptocurrency has tumbled from its high of nearly $0.74 to just over $0.05 in recent days.

The complaint calls for triple the damages of $86 billion, which is how much the plaintiff alleges has been lost by Dogecoin investors since Musk first started tweeting about it.

“Defendants falsely and deceptively claim that Dogecoin is a legitimate investment when it has no value at all,” the plaintiff, Keith Johnson, noted in the complaint. "Since Defendant Musk and his corporations SpaceX and Tesla, Inc began purchasing, developing, promoting, supporting and operating Dogecoin in 2019, Plaintiff and the class have lost approximately $86 billion in this Crypto Pyramid Scheme."
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/dogecoin-i ... 36943.html
tek

Post by tek »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/06/17/ ... newsletter
We’re in ‘crypto winter.’ Here’s what locals think about the future of the industry.
He’s talking about the industry’s longer-term promise. Balter believes crypto’s underlying blockchain technology has the potential to transform how all financial transactions are conducted, and that’s what keeps him optimistic despite the sobering market.
blockchain does not need cryptocurrency to function. Quite the opposite.
Believing in cryptocurrency because you think it helps 'blockchain technology' is nutz.

Return to “Economy”