trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

The game is to con the rubes into voting for you while keeping the prize just out of reach. He done screwed that up. Now he either has to go in either with the evangelicals and lose the suburban moms, or try to do the opposite. But he has no carrot to hold over their head, so he’ll need to invent one. He needs to be backed up and forcibly separated from one or the other.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 pm He made his bed. Now he has to lie in it.
And it has bed bugs....

[I know from personal experience, it sucks to have them in your house, I still have blood stains on my walls from killing them]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Volkonski wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 pm He made his bed. Now he has to lie in it.
with his bedbugs
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:55 pm
with his bedbugs
Great minds and all... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg is “writing” a new book.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

1. You can't write a book called Crime of the Century when not even a quarter of the century has elapsed.

2. I think it's really interesting that he shares my opinion that this is a disaster for the Republican Party himself.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Is it fiction or autobiography?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:44 pm Is it fiction or autobiography?
Yes.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Subtitle: "How I am still searching for my 1st billion"

Your choice of votes or $$$
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 am 1. You can't write a book called Crime of the Century when not even a quarter of the century has elapsed.
I'm sure that he's convinced that, not only is it the worst crime committed so far this century, but that there is no conceivable crime more serious than his loss of an election.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I'm convinced he was working on a plan to move the election his way when he telegraphed almost a year prior that any other result than a GOP victory was a sign of a corrupt system. The Who and How have not been corroborated because his team could not stitch it together. Hence the panicked efforts afterwards. Like so many things Trump, it may have been half-baked and impulsive to begin with, never fully thought out, and therefore never realized. And now it's too embarrassing to let go. He has to remain on this path of the Big Lie.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:02 am 1. You can't write a book called Crime of the Century when not even a quarter of the century has elapsed.

2. I think it's really interesting that he shares my opinion that this is a disaster for the Republican Party himself.
:think: hmmmmmmmm... did he claim to have started the next 1000 year Reich with his kiddies as heirs? then surely he must have lasted the first century by the time his reign got cut short stolen :blackeye:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bill_g wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:59 am I'm convinced he was working on a plan to move the election his way when he telegraphed almost a year prior that any other result than a GOP victory was a sign of a corrupt system. The Who and How have not been corroborated because his team could not stitch it together. Hence the panicked efforts afterwards. Like so many things Trump, it may have been half-baked and impulsive to begin with, never fully thought out, and therefore never realized. And now it's too embarrassing to let go. He has to remain on this path of the Big Lie.
This. And then some. I heard a discussion by people who track this stuff for a living on when the coup began. The consensus was fall 2016. He used the same "rigged" constructions then.

And then someone said he did the same thing with the Emmy Awards.

It's what he does.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 pm I've seen a lot of these, but this one is particularly "special."
That somehow manages to be disgusting, pathetic, childish and terrifying all at the same time.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:39 pm https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... e-1356278/
Trump fears that by laying the groundwork to overturn Roe v. Wade, he has enraged ‘suburban women’ and given his enemies an opening, sources tell Rolling Stone
Awww, poor little Donnie. Maybe he shoulda thought about that before packing the court, eh?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He used the phrase "voter fraud" when Ted Cruz beat him in a Primary. If he had lost in 2016 he would have been sitting around saying it was rigged, calling himself the real president and blowing his shit on every talk show he could find. Then he won and had to do... work.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Except he didn't do any work.

We skated on a lot of horror because he was so lazy, stupid, and incompetent.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:19 am
northland10 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 pm I've seen a lot of these, but this one is particularly "special."
That somehow manages to be disgusting, pathetic, childish and terrifying all at the same time.
It amuses me only in the sense that my 25 year old son, having seen a few Dune-based memes lately, broke down and asked me if the series was at all worth reading. I told him that I only considered the first two books worthwhile, the rest kind of were meh and the fourth book was the source of a lot of the Trump-as-God-Emperor <4/8>chan :shit: from a couple of years back that's still probably floating around on some toxic message boards. Since he used to quote that sutff at me ironically -- I assure you, only ironically -- I felt like I finally owed him the context.

He was like "Oh, okay, naw, I've done enough of that reading for a lifetime, then." ;)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:03 am Except he didn't do any work.

We skated on a lot of horror because he was so lazy, stupid, and incompetent.
There was that early interview where the former guy salid he would leave the governing to Pence and enjoy the life of representation, halo in the sunshine of the media...
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

noblepa wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:50 pm
I'm sure that he's convinced that, not only is it the worst crime committed so far this century, but that there is no conceivable crime more serious than his loss of an election.
Well if he doesn't receive the Nobel prize for Literature for this book we will never hear the end of it.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Too bad the "charitable" Trump Foundation isn't around. It could have brought 100k copies and donate to needy kids.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I wonder how many copies the RNC will purchase?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:sick:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

blech

either of them
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Donnie the fungi endowed wants to have sex with anything with legs or without..

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”