North Korea

johnpcapitalist

Re: North Korea

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:02 pm
Kim Jong Un can be seen struggling to walk down stairs in a new North Korean propaganda film
Ryan Pickrell
Tue, February 1, 2022, 6:36 PM
  • Kim Jong Un was spotted struggling to make his way down a set of stairs in a new propaganda film.
    Kim has had mobility issues before, and the footage comes amid speculation about his weight loss.
    Experts watch Kim's health closely because it is a key sign of the health of the regime.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un can be seen struggling to walk down a set of stairs in a new propaganda film celebrating the country's achievements in the last year. The film's release follows significant speculation about the young dictator's noticeable weight loss.
I looked at the video, and it doesn't look that bad. I'm in good health, but I've slipped on stairs often enough that I usually descend stairs like he did, same front leg first. The people with him were taking baby steps down the ramp as well, as it looked steep with potentially hazardous footing.

It certainly doesn't look as bad as TFG's struggles to descend the ramp at one of his rallies.

raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm no fan, but that didn't look like a struggle to walk down stairs. That was a slope with boards bolted to it. He didn't do anything I wouldn't have done. :shrug:

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Huh. Just this morning the dopes at Fox and friends were talking about Biden's visit and somewhat snarkily wondered if Biden would take a walk across the line like Trump did.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Ij0ts at Faux News, Biden is visiting S.Korea. The former guy exchanged a row of love letters with Kim prior to stepping over the boundary of political correctness and making an ass of himself.

raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am Huh. Just this morning the dopes at Fox and friends were talking about Biden's visit and somewhat snarkily wondered if Biden would take a walk across the line like Trump did.
And what that that get us, besides legitimizing Kim? Denuclearization talks died long before Biden ever took office.

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

What you need to know about the covid crisis hitting North Korea

By Michelle Ye Hee Lee and Min Joo Kim
May 18, 2022 at 7:20 a.m. EDT

SEOUL — The coronavirus pandemic has finally penetrated North Korea, an impoverished country with a fragile health-care system and no vaccine program.

If the figures are accurate, the country appears to be experiencing the beginnings of the disaster that the rest of the world faced in early 2020: a national health crisis that will quickly overwhelm a health-care system already under duress, with the most vulnerable people at greatest risk of death. North Korea is one of two countries in the world that has no coronavirus vaccines after twice refusing shipments from Covax, the U.N.-backed initiative providing doses to countries that need them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -outbreak/

Foggy
Dick Tater
Occupation:: genetically altered carbon-based cyborg lifeform and quantum bioweapon

Post by Foggy »

Let's send ivermectin. :mrgreen:

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

So what does North Korea have against fish?

raison de arizona

South Korea and US fire missiles in warning to North Korea
South Korea and the US launched eight missiles on Monday, in response to a volley of ballistic missiles fired by North Korea the previous day.

It comes as Pyongyang continues to escalate its missile tests.

South Korea's president Yoon Suk-yeol said his government would respond sternly to any provocation from its northern neighbour.

"We will make sure there isn't a single crack in protecting the lives and property of our people," he said.

Speaking at a war memorial event in Seoul, he added that North Korea's nuclear and missile programmes "are reaching the level of threatening not only peace on the Korean Peninsula but also in Northeast Asia and the world", according to Yonhap.
:snippity:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-61701465

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:37 pm I'm no fan, but that didn't look like a struggle to walk down stairs. That was a slope with boards bolted to it. He didn't do anything I wouldn't have done. :shrug:
It was dark too.

But the difference may be that he's relatively young and most of us are not.

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”