Dogs!

raison de arizona

Re: Dogs!

Post by raison de arizona »

The Wisconsin Humane Society wrote a touching "I'm not crying, you're crying" post regarding the poor pup you may have seen in the news recently, directly addressing the former owner with compassion.

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Baby Girl has apparently found her forever home, too. Saw an update a few days ago that she had been adopted.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Check out this handsome boy I met at the park, I'd never seen such a beautiful dog! He's a Southern breeze blue bay shepherd. He was super friendly and the softest dog I think I've ever seen. :lovestruck:
Southern Breeze Blue Bay Shepherd.jpg
Southern Breeze Blue Bay Shepherd.jpg (127.77 KiB) Viewed 303 times

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Beautiful!

We had a dog once who had amazingly soft fur. We had a friend who said it was an orgasmic experience petting her. :lol:

"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow, GOT
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

:lol:

raison de arizona

Post by raison de arizona »

15/10

"Take these seeds and put them in your pocket, so at least sunflowers will grow when you all die here."
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronav ... s/3715380/
Trained Dogs Are Better at Sniffing Out COVID Than Some Nose Swabs, Study Says
A French veterinary study found that highly trained dogs were better at correctly diagnosing COVID-infected people than some traditional antigen tests that require nose swabs

The peer-reviewed work, led by researchers from a French veterinary school and published in PLOS One, is the latest in a long line of research on dogs being used to sniff out COVID. Already they have been used at airports and in concert venues, among other places, to flag potential risk.

sampled 335 adults, both symptomatic and without symptoms. About one-third of them actually had COVID.

Researchers found that the overall sensitivity of the dogs -- correctly giving a positive result for an infected individual -- was 97%, and got all the way to 100% in those who were infected but asymptomatic.

As to specificity -- the ability to correctly diagnose a negative result in an uninfected person -- the dogs were right 91% of the time.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ted is about 13yo. You know how much I love him. He's been working with the local police, too.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Growing up, we always had a dog, but we never paid for one - there was always a neighbor with puppies to give away. But my sister's husband wanted a "hunting dog" and ended up getting a Boykin spaniel. I have to say she is the sweetest thing...

They bred her a couple months ago, and she ended up with 9 (!) puppies - 2 female. (Typical litter size 5-7.) Poor thing was HUGE, but she is the best mama! They are going to put a new roof on the house with the money from the dogs.
Remi.jpg
Remi.jpg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 116 times

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Beautiful little lady. Adorable puppies.

"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow, GOT
Tiredretiredlawyer

:lovestruck:

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Westminster Dog Show: Trumpet the Bloodhound Wins Best in Show
After winning the hound group, Trumpet emerged from a tough group of fellow champions to become the first of his breed to claim the top prize.

By The New York Times
Published June 22, 2022
Updated June 23, 2022, 12:26 a.m. ET

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/06/22 ... r-dog-show

Tiredretiredlawyer

Life imitates art. See Best in Show. :biggrin:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It was rigged!

We want a recount!

We demand a Forensic Audit!

Call Cyber Ninjas!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “General Stuff”