Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by raison de arizona »

:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Yep, Rep Gosar ... these poor innocent "political prisoners" were just tourists looking for the gift shop.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendant Matthew Buckler, who was done in by his Snap Map bitmoji, is now set to plead out later this month.

The FBI also got a video off his phone in which Buckler says “We in this bitch. We in this bitch.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

More cases are surfacing

Court has unsealed Jan 6 case against Doug MacRae, whose Facebook posts were reported by a tipster, per investigators
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jan. 6 defendant Devin Rossman, who admitted to entering Nancy Pelosi's office, was arrested in Missouri today, per court records.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-e ... -rcna29014
WASHINGTON — A staffer with Doug Mastriano's Pennsylvania gubernatorial campaign who helped block media access to an event over the weekend was at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, where he appeared to smile and laugh as rioters smashed media equipment on Capitol grounds.

Grant Clarkson is one of the Mastriano campaign associates who prevented reporters from covering an event this weekend hosted by Mastriano and Kathy Barnette, a Republican Senate candidate in Pennsylvania, according to an NBC News analysis of photos and video from the event matched with his online social media presence. Former President Donald Trump has endorsed Mastriano, a far-right state senator who supported Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and was himself on the grounds of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Photos and video obtained by NBC News appear to show Clarkson, a former congressional intern who more recently worked as a legislative assistant for the Republican caucus in the Pennsylvania statehouse, present on the restricted grounds of the Capitol on Jan. 6. Images unearthed by members of the “Sedition Hunters” community investigating the Capitol breach appear to show Clarkson on the west side of the Capitol just over a retaining wall, standing on a pillar at the top of the stairs on the eastern side of the Capitol as a mob breaches through doors with shattered windows, and then watching and smiling as rioters smashed media equipment on Capitol grounds.
:snippity:
There's no evidence that Clarkson entered the Capitol building and Clarkson denied that he did so. But additional photos and videos obtained by NBC News appeared to show a childhood friend who accompanied Clarkson on Jan. 6 breaching the Capitol building and joining the mob pushing against officers struggling to protect lawmakers inside. That friend, who was first identified by members of the “Sedition Hunters” community after they began looking into Clarkson, has not been charged with a crime.

When NBC News reached Clarkson on his cell phone on Monday, he did not deny his presence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 nor that he was accompanied by a childhood friend who entered the building. He also did not deny his role in blocking the media at the Saturday event.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder if he was the one wearing the 18th Century clothing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Initial appearance today at 1pm in the US Capitol breach case of West Virginia National Guard member Jamie Ferguson

Will be standing by in DC federal court.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:03 am I wonder if he was the one wearing the 18th Century clothing.
The aide at the recent campaign event who stopped reporters getting in? I believe I saw it reported they were one and the same, but no link at the moment to confirm.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kendra wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:23 am
AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:03 am I wonder if he was the one wearing the 18th Century clothing.
The aide at the recent campaign event who stopped reporters getting in? I believe I saw it reported they were one and the same, but no link at the moment to confirm.
Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In case you missed it: The Doug Mastriano staffer who blocked reporters from covering a campaign event over the weekend was on the restricted grounds of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, and had a grand old time at the media smash. https://nbcnews.com/politics/2022-elect ... -rcna29014
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... sts-jan-6/
On Jan. 6, 2021, around the time that thousands of Donald Trump’s supporters swarmed the U.S. Capitol, a top Trump appointee at the U.S. State Department met with two activists who had been key to spreading the false narrative that the presidential election had been stolen.

The meeting came as Trump’s allies were pressing theories that election machines had been hacked by foreign powers and were angling for Trump to employ the vast powers of the national security establishment to seize voting machines or even rerun the election.

Robert A. Destro, a law professor at Catholic University of America then serving as an assistant secretary of state, confirmed to The Washington Post he met with the two men — Colorado podcaster Joe Oltmann and Michigan lawyer Matthew DePerno — in the midst of the tumultuous day.

The two men have previously claimed to have huddled on Jan. 6 with State Department leaders, who Oltmann has said were sympathetic to the claims that a “coup” was underway to steal the presidency from Trump. They have not identified with whom they met. Destro’s acknowledgment is the first independent confirmation that they successfully gained the high-level audience. It is unclear whether the meeting led to any action.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/17/us/p ... ripts.html
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has asked the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack for transcripts of interviews it is conducting, which have included discussions with associates of former President Donald J. Trump, according to people with knowledge of the situation. The move, coming as Attorney General Merrick B. Garland appears to be ramping up the pace of his painstaking investigation into the Capitol riot, is the clearest sign yet of a wide-ranging inquiry at the Justice Department.

The House committee has interviewed more than 1,000 people so far, and the transcripts could be used as evidence in potential criminal cases, to pursue new leads or as a baseline text for new interviews conducted by federal law enforcement officials. Aides to Representative Bennie Thompson, Democrat of Mississippi and the chairman of the committee, have yet to reach a final agreement with the Justice Department on what will be turned over, according to a person with knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the investigations.

On April 20, Kenneth A. Polite Jr., the assistant attorney general for the criminal division, and Matthew M. Graves, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, wrote to Timothy J. Heaphy, the lead investigator for the House panel, advising him that some committee interviews “may contain information relevant to a criminal investigation we are conducting.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What’s strange is that DOJ sat back and let the Committee do all this heavy lifting first. Typically when prosecutors are locked in on an issue, they back Congress down and insist on doing the key interviews first. (/2)
Thread at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Court schedules hearing for *tomorrow* at 1:30pm in high-level US Capitol riot Proud Boys conspiracy case of Enrique Tarrio

Tarrio is seeking release from pretrial detention in the Rappahannock Regional Jail in Stafford, Virginia.

A flurry of late developments and a Jan 6 *defense* attorney predicting many more quick jury convictions

My latest reporting ====>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Court rejects request for release from pretrial detention by high-level Jan 6 defendant Ryan Samsel of Pennsylvania. He's accused of knocking over officer, who lost consciousness

Judge cites Samsel's NINE prior convictions ====>
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:10 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 9370383360
NEW: Court rejects request for release from pretrial detention by high-level Jan 6 defendant Ryan Samsel of Pennsylvania. He's accused of knocking over officer, who lost consciousness

So he's a repeat tourist, big deal!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:22 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:10 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 9370383360

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:22 pm :snippity:
A frequent flyer so to say :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I mean, I liked the tour at Gettysburg so much I bought a house. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Plea hearing today at 3p in Jan 6 case of Landon Copeland, who's accused of assaulting police

In jailhouse interviews with me, Copeland had claimed police provoked *him*.. and that Trump would return to office before next election

Judge rules Jan 6 defendant Charles Hand *can* keep possession of a shotgun while awaiting trial... but specifies the gun is "only to be used in defense of animals"

Hand made this argument in his motion to keep possession of firearms ===>
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This isn't on the calendar, but Jan. 6 def Christian Secor (sat on Senate dais, "America First" flag) is before Judge Trevor McFadden right now for a plea hearing — I found out about it late and just tuned in, but AUSA is talking about him pleading to obstructing Congress (1512)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

What was the Water Moccasin doing with a shovel?
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 am
Judge rules Jan 6 defendant Charles Hand *can* keep possession of a shotgun while awaiting trial... but specifies the gun is "only to be used in defense of animals"

Hand made this argument in his motion to keep possession of firearms ===>
Pics or it didn't happen.

The water moccasin story sounds an awful lot like a modified "my brother's wife's sister's UPS driver told her that one time..." :liar:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:10 pm

At 10 does he get a set of steak knives? Or would that violate any terms of previous paroles, etc.?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”