Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B

Post by neonzx »

mimi wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm Dominion CEO was just on CNBC talking about the lawsuit. It’s just 3 minutes or so.

He was asked if he was going to sue Fox, and he wouldn’t commit or rule it out.
Why not ask about suing DFO T**** ? He was the loudest with the biggest microphone spreading the BS. He's a private citizen now. :P $1.3B
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Dershowitz on Greg "Ted Baxter" Kelly's Newsmax show:
“I Don’t Think They’re Going to Get Any Pillows Out of This” – Alan Dershowitz Defends Mike Lindell in Dominion’s $1.3 Billion Lawsuit Against Him (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft Published February 23, 2021 at 9:14pm

Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz joined Greg Kelly on Newsmax TV on Tuesday night. Dershowitz was on to discuss the recent move by Democrats to ban conservative TV channels Newsmax, OAN and FOX News. Dershowitz also weighed in on Dominion Voting Systems and their lawsuit against Mike Lindell.

Alan Dershowitz: Whether Lindell was right or wrong he had the right to express his views and this is part of the public debate. And I don’t think unless they can demonstrate that with malice he deliberately, willfully, knowingly defamed them. I don’t think they’re going to get any pillows out of this.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... uit-video/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Would Dominion need to prove malice for the unfair trade practices claim?

They can certainly prove the profit motive.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 pm A Google search states that Mike Lindell is worth in the neighborhood of $300 million, so he can afford the lawsuit. Of course, I don't know how much of his worth is tied up in his company, so he may not have the liquid assets. And frankly I'm fine with the lawsuit bankrupting him no matter his net worth. I'm really irritated that he's a Minnesota resident. Maybe, after he loses his business, he can move to Florida.
That's what I call a "chilly" reception! :D
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

here's another take on the lawsuits:
https://newrepublic.com/article/161469/ ... t-wing-lie
Lindell is one of multiple right-wing figures who have recently found themselves on the other end of a defamation lawsuit in recent weeks over this “Big Lie.” But what makes Lindell’s case interesting is how it doesn’t simply rest on that wrong. Dominion is suing the MyPillow CEO not just for lying about the election but for trying to monetize those lies, as well. Along the way, the beleaguered voting-machine company provides a useful window into how the right-wing media grift really operates.

Dominion’s lawsuits are clearly written to be read by a lay audience. Its 107-page complaint against Rudy Giuliani, which was filed a few weeks after the attack on the Capitol, doubles as a partial history of the postelection chaos. It weaves Giuliani’s incendiary claims about election fraud with how those claims resonated among Trump supporters—and how Giuliani sought to hawk various products along the way, including “gold coins, supplements, cigars, and protection from ‘cyberthieves.’” Taken together, the insurrection on January 6 feels almost inevitable, in hindsight, as Giuliani and others repeatedly warned their listeners that the nation was in peril and that American democracy had been stolen.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I never noticed his promo codes before

now I will look for them
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

A week or two ago, I thought I saw his video on the MyPillow website. I can't find it now. Maybe the "Mike Shut Up" team (also known as the corporate attorneys) told him to take it down.

ETA: I may have been thinking the Lindell Foundation website, but I just realized that the link to the Lindell Foundation website is just a redirect to a website with just his name in the URL and nothing about a foundation even mentioned.

Having a private foundation (or family foundation) website redirect to a private person's website which covers a single subject that is not the mission of the foundation could be problematic (the foundation was setup for drug rehabilitation).
101010 :towel:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I tried to watch it-I really did but it was so gawd awful that I just couldn't
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm I tried to watch it-I really did but it was so gawd awful that I just couldn't
I saw the video on a website but never watched it. I have other ways of self-torture.
101010 :towel:
mimi

Post by mimi »

He’s not backing down

From his telegram tonight...

Hello everyone, for the latest update go to https://lindelltv.com!

I will be posting updates every few days.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

mimi wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm He also says this will not be the last lawsuit filed, but didn’t name names.
Not that Dominion would waste their time suing her, but I sure would love to watch Mellissa Carone on the witness stand in a real courtroom.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 pm I never noticed his promo codes before

now I will look for them
Why? Do you need a new pillow? :P
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:47 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 pm I never noticed his promo codes before

now I will look for them
Why? Do you need a new pillow? :P
oh hell no

We actually just bought new bamboo pillows last month
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Dominion vs. Mike Lindell & MyPillow

Post by Luke »

Craven financial opportunist or mentally ill?

OAN shows their pursuit of journalistic excellence by misspelling his name in the first sentence.
Mike Lindell On Dominion Lawsuit: What Are You Hiding?
OAN Newsroom :lol: UPDATED 9:22 AM PT – Friday, February 26, 2021

Mike Linndell said he’s not backing down from speaking out against voter fraud and is “putting everything on the line” to bring the truth to the American people. In an interview Tuesday, Lindell asserted he has “100 percent evidence” of malfeasance during the election by Dominion Voting Systems who has accused the MyPillow CEO of defamation.

“They sued my company, which had nothing to do with this and there’s 2,500 plus employees,” he stated. “It’s shameful what Dominion has done to our country, and go to the private sector level and attack my company.” However, Lindell said he will continue to fight despite being put in physical danger and having incurred massive financial losses. He called on Dominion to allow machine inspections and said as a business owner himself, he understands the need for transparency and would gladly open up his business for review if someone were to question the integrity of his product.

“So Dominion I ask you, and I’ve asked this, what are you hiding? I know what you’re hiding,” he stated. “They want to suppress me, cancel me out, get rid of Mike Lindell because this is what’s gonna take down that election and this is the hope that we have in this country.” Lindell added, Dominion’s lawsuit in a roundabout way is actually serving the American people as it provides him with legal grounds to release previously unseen evidence. He went on to stress electoral integrity should not be a partisan issue.

“This problem runs so deep and this cancel culture…it’s not just Dominion and not just Smartmatic, but look at the machine,” he contined. “They’re all part of this attack on our country.” Lindell said he plans to continue his work exposing electoral fraud and warned if the current system is not reformed “the USA as we know it will be gone.”
https://www.oann.com/mike-lindell-on-do ... you-hiding

Interview with Pete Santilli (didn't watch)

PS: Search isn't working, both Lindell and Dominion came up with "too common".

ETA: On the BirtherWatch page, at the top of the page, there's a search box that defaults to Fogbow Search. Dominion and Lindell and everything else come up through that search box (it pops another tab). It's at https://www.protopage.com/birthers
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Voter fraud is one thing, Herr Linndel. Blaming Dominion is quite another. Your pea brain is about to get educated.
Il factotum
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Watched it. Nothing new from MikePillow, more and more of the same. He's upset that they sued his company. He says he's lost $65M from big box stores pulling out, but he won't take them back after how they treated him. He leaves off the whole part about his sales being up overall due to vastly increased direct sales. Santilli has a whole theory and "proof" of the whole Venezula/Smartmatic/Dominion/etc. connection and is hot to send the docs to MikePillow's lawyer to end this thing once and for all. Yawn. It ended with a MyPillow ad for their sheets, get a special discount using code PETE.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Please proceed, Mr. Pillow.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

covfefe wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 pm Watched it. Nothing new from MikePillow, more and more of the same. He's upset that they sued his company. He says he's lost $65M from big box stores pulling out, but he won't take them back after how they treated him. He leaves off the whole part about his sales being up overall due to vastly increased direct sales. Santilli has a whole theory and "proof" of the whole Venezula/Smartmatic/Dominion/etc. connection and is hot to send the docs to MikePillow's lawyer to end this thing once and for all. Yawn. It ended with a MyPillow ad for their sheets, get a special discount using code PETE.
Are sales actually up or is that just more of his bullshit? I think his response to the lawsuit was to claim sales were down due to stores that discontinued carrying the pillows.
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:22 pm
covfefe wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 pm Watched it. Nothing new from MikePillow, more and more of the same. He's upset that they sued his company. He says he's lost $65M from big box stores pulling out, but he won't take them back after how they treated him. He leaves off the whole part about his sales being up overall due to vastly increased direct sales. Santilli has a whole theory and "proof" of the whole Venezula/Smartmatic/Dominion/etc. connection and is hot to send the docs to MikePillow's lawyer to end this thing once and for all. Yawn. It ended with a MyPillow ad for their sheets, get a special discount using code PETE.
Are sales actually up or is that just more of his bullshit? I think his response to the lawsuit was to claim sales were down due to stores that discontinued carrying the pillows.
Good point, but I would expect the fact that he has said it, whether true or not, will be used against him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

MyPrayers on MyPillows. I know he wrote a book about being clean and sober, but sometimes I wonder...
Liz

Post by Liz »

So, how long will it take for the Dominion/Pillow Guy case get to court? Four years?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Meanwhile, the fallout from Lindell and others' lies continues.

The Stark County, Ohio (home of the city of Canton and the NFL Hall of Fame), Board of Elections is getting a lot of pressure to rethink their decision to purchase new voting machines from Dominion. Opponents of the purchase argue that the boards is choosing the vendor with a "cloud over them", completely ignoring the fact that the cloud is of their making and has no basis in reality.

I'm sure that this is happening all around the country. Local boards are rethinking and rescinding Dominion purchases and others are arbitrarily dropping Dominion from consideration.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:58 am Meanwhile, the fallout from Lindell and others' lies continues.

The Stark County, Ohio (home of the city of Canton and the NFL Hall of Fame), Board of Elections is getting a lot of pressure to rethink their decision to purchase new voting machines from Dominion. Opponents of the purchase argue that the boards is choosing the vendor with a "cloud over them", completely ignoring the fact that the cloud is of their making and has no basis in reality.

I'm sure that this is happening all around the country. Local boards are rethinking and rescinding Dominion purchases and others are arbitrarily dropping Dominion from consideration.
Actual damages.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 am
noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:58 am Meanwhile, the fallout from Lindell and others' lies continues.

Actual damages.
It also occurs to me that counties that DO unfairly eliminate Dominion from consideration could be letting themselves in for a bunch of legal trouble, as well.

If Dominion were not allowed to bid on an RFP for voting machines, or if their low bid was rejected for another vendor's higher bid, then Dominion might have grounds to sue under state laws that require counties to purchase the lowest qualified bid. The county would have to show that Dominion machines were somehow defective or otherwise did not meet the requirements in the RFP. I don't think that the county lawyers could get away with "well, Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Lindell said they were corrupt".

I work for Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) and, while my department does not have anything to do with buying voting machines, we do hand out large IT contracts. We have to be very careful when awarding a contract, especially if we did not select the lowest bid, that our reasons for rejecting the lowest bid are reasonable and objectively true. We've had non-winners contest contract awards before, and it can get very messy very quickly.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Apparently, another round of stores removed MyPillow. Mikey had a conference call with trolls and they are posting graphics with another round of grift.

Poso Mike.JPG
Poso Mike.JPG (81.45 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Ryan Mike.JPG
Ryan Mike.JPG (86.58 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
WATCH: Mike Lindell Shouts at Mediaite Editor, Trashes Fox News
By Colby Hall Mar 2nd, 2021, 10:39 am

Mike Lindell is not just play-acting as an unhinged conspiracy theorist insisting that the 2020 election was stolen, he’s like that in real life! Or so it appears in the video taken by Mediaite’s own Aidan McLaughlin, who caught up with the MyPillow CEO in the halls of CPAC just in time to get screamed at about stolen elections, Mediaite, and Fox News.

Anyone familiar with the unique political media world in which we find ourselves knows that Lindell has played a curiously pivotal role in it. He is a massive sponsor on all networks, in particular Fox News, and has long been currying the favor of former President Donald Trump by applying the baseless claim that President Joe Biden only won the general election through some sort of vote theft.

Lindell’s origin story is a fascinating one. He is a self-described reformed crack addict who found religion, founded his own company, and impossibly, became a central figure in the 2020 election. I will refrain from spoiling the details of the video embedded above, which was taken on Sunday after Lindell spent the afternoon cheerily greeting a horde of supporters and giving interviews to the likes of OAN and RSBN.

When asked for an interview with Mediaite, Lindell grew angry, and called our humble website “fake news.” He agreed to the interview, and turned it into a tirade that eventually grew a sizable crowd.A quick highlight from the interview: Lindell is very much amped. He is not a fan of Mediaite, nor Fox News, though he still advertises on the latter. He also welcomes the $1.3 billion lawsuit from voting technology company Dominion, which is suing him over his claims about the election.When reached for a statement on what it was like getting yelled out by Lindell, a shaken McLaughlin wiped away what appeared to be spittle spray from his face and declined to comment and then slowly crawled into a fetal position.

But I will say what needs to be said: Dude needs to lighten up?
Video at link: https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/watch- ... -fox-news/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”