Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

Post by northland10 »

Whether or not Roger had the DFOs phone number is not an issue for Roger. He'd just tell Elmer he does. Then when authorities start sniffing around, suddenly Roger would not have it, and swear he never had it. Unlike President Skroob's raincoat¹, Stone's facts are reversible.
► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'd bet a few people had instructions to "FFS keep Roger away from the boss".

I'd bet even more Roger didn't know why a few people kept telling him the boss was busy.

I'd bet a lot that Roger was waiting for the boss to call, "any minute now".

And I'm looking for the bookie dumb enough to take my bet that Stewy thought he was on hold because Roger was on the other line with the boss.

If I was a betting man. :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: HEADS-UP: Court hearing is starting in the accused Jan 6 OathKeepers seditious conspiracy case. We expect updates on plea talks, trial dates and release requests from Justice Dept and defense lawyers

Stewart Rhodes is appearing remotely from pretrial jail facility
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/politics ... index.html
(CNN)Top leaders in the Oath Keepers, the far-right extremist group, have been turning over phones and digital files and sitting for interviews with the FBI -- and detailing how they worked to benefit Donald Trump's campaign and communicated with others in the former President's orbit, according to court records and multiple sources familiar with the federal investigation.

Kellye SoRelle, a lawyer working with the Oath Keepers, told CNN that she has met with the FBI several times and handed over phones. 
She declined to say more about what she's shared with investigators, but her ties to the group have come up in court filings, including a virtual meeting a week after the 2020 presidential election when Oath Keepers talk about heading to Washington, DC, and SoRelle briefs them about the campaign's legal fight.

"I've done interviews. I've done everything. I'm helping them," SoRelle said about her cooperation with investigators. She does not represent any Oath Keepers in their criminal proceedings and has not been charged in the seditious conspiracy case against several members in connection with the January 6, 2021,
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In which Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell suggests holding his seditious conspiracy trial at a military base in Virginia.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

That has to be one of the saddest pleas for legitimacy I have seen. "we are big boys, we want to be tried in a big boys base to show how grown up we are!'
bob

Post by bob »

This really is an attempt to shift the jury pool from D.D.C. to E.D.Va.

Next time, insurrect in the jurisdiction you want to be tried in.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Am I mistaken or is that jury pool unlikely to be more sympathetic?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:43 pm Am I mistaken or is that jury pool unlikely to be more sympathetic?
I would say marginally more sympathetic: portions of the western edge of E.D.Va. and its southern border (i.e., with North Carolina) aren't deep blue. And pockets are deep red.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another accused OathKeeper seeks to move Capitol riot case outta DC. Connie Meggs files motion saying:

"It is beyond unfair for this slandered group of defendants to have to be judged by a jury pool which has been poisoned to think that they are racists and domestic terrorists"
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:43 pm Am I mistaken or is that jury pool unlikely to be more sympathetic?
Given their mythology, they are likely hoping that a community with lots of military members and their families will be more sympathetic to them. It is kinda part of their identity, esp in relation to 'city folk'.
bob

Post by bob »

neeneko wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:34 pm
Given their mythology, they are likely hoping that a community with lots of military members and their families will be more sympathetic to them. It is kinda part of their identity, esp in relation to 'city folk'.
E.D.Va. is broken down to four divisions: Alexandria; Richmond; Norfolk; and Newport News. I don't know if someone in, e.g., Alexandria can be summoned for a trial in Richmond. But there are portions of the district that are rather conservative.
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

bob wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
E.D.Va. is broken down to four divisions: Alexandria; Richmond; Norfolk; and Newport News. I don't know if someone in, e.g., Alexandria can be summoned for a trial in Richmond. But there are portions of the district that are rather conservative.
he wants the trial moved to a military base
https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-bre ... -virginia/
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

They mentioned combining the trials and so, needs a bigger room or something. That sounds to me like an attempt to make kt extra complicated on the jurors in order to get all of them acquitted.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:26 pm he wants the trial moved to a military base
https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-bre ... -virginia/
I'm aware. That is particularly dumb because the jury pool will still be the same. Even a district with a higher percentage of military personnel (and dependents) will have only a marginal effect on the total jury pool.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:25 pm
Another accused OathKeeper seeks to move Capitol riot case outta DC. Connie Meggs files motion saying:

"It is beyond unfair for this slandered group of defendants to have to be judged by a jury pool which has been poisoned to think that they are racists and domestic terrorists"

Just because they are racists and domestic terrorists.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

By "city folk" you mean "colored folk" as they would say.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

bob wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
Bob, I can only say this about the Eastern District of California. I received a federal summons questionnaire three years ago. While the proximate courthouse for me is Fresno, the summons did mention that I might have to go to Bakersfield if the situation arose. It asked if I had transportation if need be. The other federal courthouses were quite likely out of the question (like Sac.)

I suspect that each district has its own rules regarding jury selection from available citizens. But then that is your bailiwick, not mine.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Heads-up:

OathKeepers seditious conspiracy defendants return to court for hearing at 1pm. Stewart Rhodes' lawyer says he's requesting Rhodes be able to attend in person

I'll be there
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Court has loosened restrictions on OathKeeper seditious conspiracy defendant Joshua James of Alabama

James has pleaded guilty & agreed to help the feds.

No more home confinement... curfew instead
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Group of OathKeeper defendants just entered courtroom 10 here at DC federal court. Stewart Rhodes in green jail outfit with paper mask below his nose and hair messed. Jessica Watkins and the others in orange jail outfits from dc jail .. sitting to his side. Others via zoom
Defense attorney for OathKeeper defendant has spent the bulk of this hearing, so far, arguing that the seditious conspiracy charge should be dismissed. Arguing that such a charge only works in a conspiracy against the “executive” branch. Not the legislative
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm
Defense attorney for OathKeeper defendant has spent the bulk of this hearing, so far, arguing that the seditious conspiracy charge should be dismissed. Arguing that such a charge only works in a conspiracy against the “executive” branch. Not the legislative
Well that doesn't make any sense.
In the United States, seditious conspiracy is codified at 18 U.S.C. § 2384:
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

What hair? He’s bald.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Also, isn't it within the Constitution, even the Skousen ones, that Congress has the power to raise a Militia to suppress an Insurrection? Not the executive branch? So it follows that when you are going against the Goverment its the legislative branch that is the focus of that stuff.
Hic sunt dracones
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I wondered about this. I knew Dakota had legally changed his name but didn't know anything more than that.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”