Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Post by RTH10260 »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 pm https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/d ... hio-89.pdf

The one-two punch: Ohio Supreme Court just now struck down Republicans' radically gerrymandered US Congressiional map.
The Republican judge blocking her party from rigging electoral districts

Some Republicans are calling for Ohio supreme court chief justice Maureen O’Connor’s impeachment because she is refusing to let them distort electoral districts to their advantage

Sam Levine in New York
Tue 12 Apr 2022 11.00 BST

In one of the final acts in a 24-year political career, the Republican chief justice of the Ohio supreme court is defying her party and refusing to let them distort electoral districts to their advantage, a move that has some fellow Republicans calling for her impeachment.

Since January, Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor has served as the decisive vote on three separate occasions blocking Ohio Republicans from enacting proposed state legislative maps. She also sided with Democrats to block an initial GOP proposal for congressional districts before going into effect in January. Those decisions have prompted chatter among Republicans about impeaching O’Connor, 70, who will leave the court after nearly two decades at the end of this year because she has reached the mandatory retirement age for judges in Ohio.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -districts
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So Ohio just has to wait until 2023 to disenfranchise minority voters. Got it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/t ... ing/44864/
The media is getting it all wrong about Donald Trump – and people are noticing
Bill Palmer | 9:09 am EDT April 19, 2022

During his on-air show yesterday, MSNBC host Ari Melber showed data revealing that news articles related to Donald Trump have been getting fewer and fewer clicks since he left office. Here’s the thing about this data.

In the year-plus since Trump left office, the major media outlets – whether they be on the left, right, or center – have consistently pushed the narrative that Trump has “gotten away with it all” and that he’s some kind of de facto frontrunner for 2024. These narratives, which are pretty easily refuted, have clearly been crafted to try to get the most clicks possible. After all, scaring and outraging people is the best way to get people to click on anything. Yet the data presented on Melber’s show says that the public is not clicking on these kinds of Trump articles. In other words, most of the public isn’t buying into the media’s doomsday hype about Trump finally having us right where he wants us.

So we have the media pushing false narratives about Trump that are specifically crafted to try to get clicks, and yet these narratives aren’t getting any clicks at all. Here’s a novel idea. Maybe it’s time for the media to start covering Trump accurately:

– The DOJ recently confirmed in a letter to Congress that it is criminally investigating Trump, and the DOJ has reportedly had a secret January 6th grand jury targeting Trump world for months. If the media starts accurately covering Trump’s worsening legal situation, instead of churning out articles pretending that the DOJ is doing “nothing” and Trump is off the hook, it might get more clicks.

– When Trump occasionally speaks in public, he looks like he’s half dead and comes off like he’s three quarters senile. He’s such an embarrassing mess, his handlers appear to be trying to keep him from appearing in public as often as he’d like. If the media stops pretending Trump is somehow in shape to run in 2024, and instead starts accurately covering the fact that he’s on his last legs, it might get more clicks.

There are still compelling storylines about Donald Trump – but they’re all about his ongoing downfall and collapse. The media seems afraid to cover these storylines, because it’s so hellbent on chasing ratings by pretending he’s going to be running in 2024. And the data shows that the public just isn’t interested in reading doomsday nonsense about how Trump somehow has us right where he wants us. If the media tries honestly doing its job when it comes to covering Trump, perhaps it’ll see better results.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I can't wait till the coverage is a deathwatch, followed by a funeral, and then some insider stories about how in his last days he talked to the fake Time Magazine covers on the walls as he shuffled around the club in a shitty diaper, busting into wedding receptions to shake hands and be photographed with no pants.

I'll click the shit out of that story.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

No current or former presidents at the funeral, por favor. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Post by Ben-Prime »

Side note, but on topic given the thread: Foggy, ol' roosterman, you have infected my brain such that I have literally gone around the last few days adding "Here's why that's bad for <Biden and/or Democrats>" at the end of just about every sentence. At the end of my daily Embassy London gym workout yesterday, I stubbed my toe in the locker room and my workout partner, already in the showers, heard me yelp from the far side of the locker room and asked what had happened. I was in such pain that by reflex, I said aloud: "I think I broke my damn toe. Here's why that's bad for Joe Biden."

So, if you were hoping to get at least one of us with the brainworm, I apparently volunteered as tribute.

Edited to add that my toe apparently is fine today, but the workout was lower-body intensive and I am shuffling like a man twice my age, and I'm 52. So the math checks out.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:00 am Side note, but on topic given the thread: Foggy, ol' roosterman, you have infected my brain such that I have literally gone around the last few days adding "Here's why that's bad for <Biden and/or Democrats>" at the end of just about every sentence. At the end of my daily Embassy London gym workout yesterday, I stubbed my toe in the locker room and my workout partner, already in the showers, heard me yelp from the far side of the locker room and asked what had happened. I was in such pain that by reflex, I said aloud: "I think I broke my damn toe. Here's why that's bad for Joe Biden."

So, if you were hoping to get at least one of us with the brainworm, I apparently volunteered as tribute.

Edited to add that my toe apparently is fine today, but the workout was lower-body intensive and I am shuffling like a man twice my age, and I'm 52. So the math checks out.

Does London have a thing for American toes?

(I tore my toenail off tripping in the shower when I was there in December)

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:07 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:00 am Side note, but on topic given the thread: Foggy, ol' roosterman, you have infected my brain such that I have literally gone around the last few days adding "Here's why that's bad for <Biden and/or Democrats>" at the end of just about every sentence. At the end of my daily Embassy London gym workout yesterday, I stubbed my toe in the locker room and my workout partner, already in the showers, heard me yelp from the far side of the locker room and asked what had happened. I was in such pain that by reflex, I said aloud: "I think I broke my damn toe. Here's why that's bad for Joe Biden."

Does London have a thing for American toes?

(I tore my toenail off tripping in the shower when I was there in December)
We cannot rule out this deterioration in the Washington-London relationship under Biden and Johnson's respective tenures. Here's why that's bad f----NO NO NO! I MUST BREAK FREE OF THIS MIND CONTROL!

<insert Kirk-like overacting struggles>
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Now dat was phunny,

:rotflmao:

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

More reasons why you should stop listening to "progressives" on twitter.

Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/ ... 3418144768
Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC
· May 20
Latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll:
"47% of registered voters...say they will support the Democrat on the ballot in this year’s Congressional Midterm Elections. 42% think they will back the Republican."
Or, as progressive Twitter will put it. "LESS THAN 50% OF PEOPLE BACK DEMOCRATS AND THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORING THEIR REAL VOTERS AND ARE BEING DINOS!!" Followed by "BIDEN SINKING APPROVAL RATING!" and "DEMS NOT AHEAD BY ENOUGH!!! DINOS1!"

And just to show you why the Republicans never actually wanted to ban Abortion, he follows with;
NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist:
"Last month, prior to the leaked [Supreme] Court document [on abortion rights], 47% of voters nationally supported the Republican candidate, and 44% supported the Democratic candidate."
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5 ... h-Carolina
The Republican education culture war had a lot of losses on Tuesday

Right-wing attempts to take over school boards in Durham, North Carolina, and in several New York counties largely failed in elections Tuesday. The losses come amid Republican efforts to turn the existence of public education itself into a culture war using racism, LGBTQ kids, and pandemic safety measures as their weapons—and as Democrats fail to push back aggressively to protect the values under attack or to capitalize on what could be a winning issue.

In Durham’s nonpartisan school board election, a stealth slate of five Republicans running under the name “Better Board, Better Schools, Better Futures” were defeated. One of the candidates, Joetta MacMiller, went to Washington, D.C., to protest the presidential election certification on Jan. 6, 2021, and wrote on social media that she had been tear gassed. Another, Curtis Hrischuk, posted climate denial and conspiracy theories about George Soros. A third, Gayathri Rajaraman, said she didn’t want elementary school kids learning history, telling INDY Week that U.S. schools are “distracting and overwhelming them with social topics such as racism, [gender identity] and political viewpoints in school classrooms,” and should be focusing on math and science instead.

While all five of the Better Board, Better Schools candidates were defeated, their ability to run a stealth campaign was a result of state-level Republican maneuvering in North Carolina. State law there calls for school board elections to be nonpartisan, EQV Analytics noted, but “North Carolina's Republican-controlled legislature has been selectively chipping away at this non-partisan status for partisan advantage, passing special 'local laws' that make selected Republican-heavy counties' school board elections partisan while leaving Democrat-heavy counties' elections non-partisan, with the effect of promoting Republican control in GOP-heavy counties while enabling potential stealth-Republican inroads into Democratic counties.”

In New York State, dozens of right-wing candidates ran for the school board in several counties, emphasizing the familiar cocktail of opposition to respect for diversity, teaching about race or gender, and pandemic precautions. It wasn’t a clean sweep, but, the Albany Times-Union reported, “by 11:15 p.m. Tuesday 27 of those candidates had lost and four candidates had won.”
► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jeff Thompson
@jeff_thompson
·
Jun 3
Here's a warning to my American friends. Only 33 percent of eligible voters voted yesterday in Ontario's election and the crazy Conservatives won. If this happens during your midterms your democracy will be gone.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:eek:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:24 pm
Jeff Thompson
@jeff_thompson
·
Jun 3
Here's a warning to my American friends. Only 33 percent of eligible voters voted yesterday in Ontario's election and the crazy Conservatives won. If this happens during your midterms your democracy will be gone.
I’m one of that 33% that voted. I definitely didn’t vote for Ford’s government. I was at a Tim Horton’s with friends when I saw the news update that he had won a majority government. :mad: :mad:

I may have voiced my displeasure louder than I meant too. Everyone in Timmies commented and no one seemed happy about the win.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Why are people posting Right wing videos in this thread? Especially without comment.
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:49 pm Why are people posting Right wing videos in this thread? Especially without comment.
It's what passes for intellectualism among a certain segment of the U.S. voting public.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ignore him. He’s tryin to get a rise.

Return to “Current Politics”