Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The dregs of birther remainders.

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: The dregs of birther remainders.

Post by northland10 »

I remember pointing out from time to time that the bluish tint was caused by all the blue in the press room.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

By 'eck, an image popped into my mind of bob, Foggy and RC around a table reminiscing with costs and a bottle of Château Le Châtelet:
► Show Spoiler
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

northland10 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm I remember pointing out from time to time that the bluish tint was caused by all the blue in the press room.
Yes, somewhere I found a wide angle view of the press room and there is blue everywhere. It was built above the swimming pool that JFK had installed.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Reality Check wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:15 pm
northland10 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm I remember pointing out from time to time that the bluish tint was caused by all the blue in the press room.
Yes, somewhere I found a wide angle view of the press room and there is blue everywhere. It was built above the swimming pool was that JFK had installed.
Yep. The space is still under the concrete and steel floor (previously wood until the Bush renovation) and over the years the press has signed the tile pool walls. I think it is used for server and other tech equipment space.

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wi ... g-room.htm
bob

Post by bob »

Since Musk (especially), I've basically dropped Twitter. But I noticed Carl Gallups' account was suspended; it looks like it was in the past day or so. :violin:
Image ImageImage
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:47 pm Since Musk (especially), I've basically dropped Twitter. But I noticed Carl Gallups' account was suspended; it looks like it was in the past day or so. :violin:
Galloops blocked me quite a while ago. Good riddance Carl. :fingerwag:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Reality Check wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:20 pm
bob wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:47 pm Since Musk (especially), I've basically dropped Twitter. But I noticed Carl Gallups' account was suspended; it looks like it was in the past day or so. :violin:
Galloops blocked me quite a while ago. Good riddance Carl. :fingerwag:
His ppsimmons account is still up which I'm blocked on. I still never got that stupid acronym
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:48 pmHis ppsimmons account is still up which I'm blocked on.
It is, but it hasn't tweeted since February. I believe Shoesmith operates it.
I still never got that stupid acronym,
"Preaching The Precious Salvation of Jesus In Many Ways in Many Nations - Thus Obliterating Our Nemesis, Satan." (Seriously!)

It was so dumb, yet it took them years to reduce it to something easier, like PNN News and Ministry Network. But what does either "N" stand for? Shirley not "news" and "network"! :blackeye:

Unpacking: The Preaching The Precious Salvation of Jesus In Many Ways in Many Nations - Thus Obliterating Our Nemesis, Satan News Network News and Ministry Network. :sick:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

... and you're suggesting that's not catchy? :think:
Edit: sorry, I'm in a mood, some stuff going on, whatever
Out from under. :thumbsup:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

bob wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:41 am It was so dumb, yet it took them years to reduce it to something easier, like PNN News and Ministry Network. But what does either "N" stand for? Shirley not "news" and "network"! :blackeye:
It's probably just to imitate the feel of "CNN," as if the only difference between CNN and PNN were one letter. It wouldn't be the first acronym that doesn't actually stand for anything.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:12 am :snippity:
It's probably just to imitate the feel of "CNN," as if the only difference between CNN and PNN were one letter. It wouldn't be the first acronym that doesn't actually stand for anything.
A cable news network was featured in the plots on a number of episodes of JAG. They used "ZNN". Of course they were portrayed as anti-military.

The reality is that Carl is a nobody in a remote corner of Florida with a small fundie church and a weekly radio show on a peanut whistle of a station. Oh and he has a blog.
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:55 amThe reality is that Carl is a nobody in a remote corner of Florida with a small fundie church and a weekly radio show on a peanut whistle of a station. Oh and he has a blog.
You are, of course, referring to "Ask a Preacher"; Gallups let "Freedom Friday" lapse.

Gallups was becoming adept at Outrage Twitter: he learned saying deplorable things earned deplorable followers. So I'm not surprised he crossed Twitter's line and finally got busted for his hate speech.
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Reality Check wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:55 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:12 am :snippity:
A cable news network was featured in the plots on a number of episodes of JAG. They used "ZNN". Of course they were portrayed as anti-military.

The reality is that Carl is a nobody in a remote corner of Florida with a small fundie church and a weekly radio show on a peanut whistle of a station. Oh and he has a blog.
ZNN lives on in that little known spinoff of JAG, NCIS.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm
You are, of course, referring to "Ask a Preacher"; Gallups let "Freedom Friday" lapse.
So he quit paying for the time slot? I have not listened in years. I guess after he and Zullo had the big breakup he lost 2/3 of his listeners.
Sam the Centipede

Reality Check wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:07 pm
bob wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm
So he quit paying for the time slot? I have not listened in years. I guess after he and Zullo had the big breakup he lost 2/3 of his listeners.
So … that would be you (RC) and bob gone, leaving only Rondoodoo? ;)
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:25 pm :snippity:
So … that would be you (RC) and bob gone, leaving only Rondoodoo? ;)
:rotflmao: Pretty much. I had not listened in over five years. Don't forget Foggy, who Karl and Mike claimed was mentally ill and BR Bob Nelson who used to convert every Zullo appearance into a YouTube video.Those were universe shattering days.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:41 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:48 pmHis ppsimmons account is still up which I'm blocked on.
It is, but it hasn't tweeted since February. I believe Shoesmith operates it.
I still never got that stupid acronym,
"Preaching The Precious Salvation of Jesus In Many Ways in Many Nations - Thus Obliterating Our Nemesis, Satan." (Seriously!)

It was so dumb, yet it took them years to reduce it to something easier, like PNN News and Ministry Network. But what does either "N" stand for? Shirley not "news" and "network"! :blackeye:

Unpacking: The Preaching The Precious Salvation of Jesus In Many Ways in Many Nations - Thus Obliterating Our Nemesis, Satan News Network News and Ministry Network. :sick:
The peen news network?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

bob wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm Gallups was becoming adept at Outrage Twitter
There's a Non-Outrage Twitter?
bob

Post by bob »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:03 pm
bob wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:37 pm Gallups was becoming adept at Outrage Twitter
There's a Non-Outrage Twitter?
Oh yeah.

One of the nice features of Twitter is its customization.

You can curate feeds of just earnest, thoughtful people. Or just cat pictures. Or just celeb gossip. Or just SPORTS! Etc.

(I remind myself of this when I read my right hate feed: I'm choosing to engage in this negativity.)

And never read the replies. Even on the cat tweets.
Image ImageImage
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:10 pm It appears Lakin no longer works at the Southern Colorado Clinic (but he did in June 2021). His Colorado license is still active.

:think:
I do not know the date of this listing but it shows Lakin practicing for Labcorp and Hanson Clinic in Pueblo, CO.

https://www.sharecare.com/doctor/dr-terrence-l-lakin
bob

Post by bob »

Not birther per se, but: P&E: Primary Candidate Sues Ilhan Omar, Second Challenger for Proof of Eligibility:
"A SLIPPERY SLOPE"

On May 6, 2022, DFL primary candidate for Minnesota’s 5th congressional district AJ Kern filed suit in Minnesota District Court against incumbent Rep. Ilhan Omar and another primary challenger, Don Samuels, after both declined to respond to her requests for their permission to obtain their naturalization records, if they exist, from the U.S. government. Also named as a defendant is Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon.
Kern is a conservative Republican (and perennial gadfly candidate) who claims she has qualified for the DFL's primary. The filing window is still open, and SoSoMN does not yet list Kern as a candidate (for any party's primary).

Continuing:
Omar’s birthday is widely reported as October 4 and the year she arrived in the U.S. as 1995. Her mother reportedly died when she was two. According to Omar in her memoir, “This is what America Looks Like: My Journey from Refugee to Congresswoman,” while in Somalia, her family consisted of civil servants and educators who lived in a guarded “compound” with a hired driver and raised girls outside of traditional Somali norms.

Samuels was born in Jamaica and, as Kern’s petition states, his campaign website does not declare a date or year when he became a U.S. citizen. Samuels served on the Minneapolis City Council from 2003 to 2014 and from 2014 to 2018 on the Minneapolis Board of Education. He sees himself as an “Obama Democrat” with “a collaborative and mutual approach to leadership” who “continues to believe in the Rev. Martin Luther King’s dream.”

Her motivation in filing the suit, Kern told us in an interview Saturday morning, arose after she noted that Omar was reported to be 37 years old when she was first seated in Congress in January 2019. “Her legislative website, congressional website and many credible sources said her birth year is 1981,” Kern said. “Omar said in a video, ‘Through Her Eyes,’ that they came to the U.S. on March 8, 1995. Refugees have a five-year waiting period before they can apply for naturalization. I recently discovered that it’s actually more than that; they’re supposed to wait a year before they can apply for permanent residency, and then they go from there. But let’s say it was just the five-year period. If she was born in 1981, when her father became eligible to apply for citizenship in 2000, she was already 18.”

The media has reported Omar’s birth year as both 1981 and 1982 and that she became a U.S. citizen in 2000 “at the age of 17.” Omar’s campaign website states she “naturalized” and became a U.S. citizen in 2000 “at age 17.”

Kern (to Rondeau wrote:[Omar] called the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library and asked that her birth year be changed from 1981 to 1982. She also did it on her congressional page and Wikipedia. To me, that should raise a red flag. I’m a patriot; I believe that we should not have foreign nationals sitting in our Congress. It’s very clear that the qualifications to run – Article I, Section 2, clause 2 – you must be “seven years a citizen.”

Well, she never proved that, because I went to the Secretary of State’s office and found out that they’re not asking for verification of citizenship for anyone who registers to vote or run for office. I don’t think that’s good enough. When you’re foreign-born and you’re going to serve in the Congress, you should be able to say, ‘Here are my naturalization papers.’ I don’t think that’s asking too much.
Kern first ran for Congress in 2016 as a Republican primary challenger in Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District against incumbent Tom Emmer, who is currently serving his fourth term in the House, having succeeded retiring Rep. Michele Bachmann. “I’m a conservative, and I think there are a lot of Republicans who aren’t conservative, more the ‘establishment,'” Kern told us. “Tom Emmer was in his first term. There are photographs of his staff with members of CAIR and Muslim Brotherhood front groups that exist in this country, and my face ended up being on a report that CAIR put out with my eyes blacked out.”

In 2018, Kern again unsuccessfully challenged Emmer for his seat. “In the meantime,” she told us, “I had done a lot of research on refugee resettlement, and the fact is the Somalis really don’t meet the definition to be refugees. No one invaded their country; they didn’t flee because of their race or religion. Many go back in the summertime for vacation, and issues come up such as they don’t want to have to pay their rent while they’re gone.”

“I really did not plan to run for Congress again. In 2020, I spoke with Independent candidate Chris Kelley‘s campaign manager and I said, ‘You’re already in the race. Just file with the court to make a simple request for verification of her citizenship,’ and no one would do it. The campaign manager said, ‘Well, it seems too much like a “birther” issue, like Obama’s deal.’ But I said, ‘But it’s not; we’re not looking for a birth certificate in a third-world country; we either have it or we don’t.’

As of this writing, Kern does not have a court date but told us, “I’m just hoping and praying that the judge who’s been assigned to the case now can read what I’ve put together and say, ‘Yes, what is the harm in a simple request to ask for their official naturalization records?’

Prior to publication, The Post & Email contacted Omar’s congressional office, Samuels’s campaign and Simon’s office. While we did not hear back by press time . . . [t]he following response was received from the Minnesota Secretary of State’s office . . . .
SoSoMN wrote:We do not comment on pending litigation.

However, there are some public documents that you may be interested in that I have attached.
The attached documents include SoSoMN's motion to dismiss and supporting memo, which makes two basic arguments: (1) Under Minnesota law, the challenge isn't ripe; and (2) the SoSoMN is not a proper party to this dispute and wants to be dismissed. The second point is basically a rerun of various birther challenges (e.g. Alabama, New Jersey) in which state defendants argued (and courts agreed), absent statutory direction, there's no requirement to investigate a candidate. As such, the burden is on the challenger to prove ineligbility.

Oh: Kern's complaint doesn't even list a cause of action. :doh: Regardless, Kern's "Papers, Please" is not a cause of action. :fingerwag:

Unsurprisingly, neither Kern nor Rondeau is clear about their "concerns," but the crux is that Omar was an adult when her father applied for naturalization; if Omar was an adult, Kern appears to claim, then Omar was required to submit her own claim of naturalization (and could not claim to be a dependent under her father's petition).

"For completeness" (TL;DRW):

Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

I've basically given up on Taitz, but, sometimes, for the lolz:
If you are a refugee from Ukraine in United states, contact me at orly.taitz@gmail.com
:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/if-you-are- ... gmail-com/ :twisted:
Image ImageImage
Sam the Centipede

bob wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:14 pm I've basically given up on Taitz, :snippity:
:crying: Awwwwww, say it ain't soooo! :crying:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:14 pm I've basically given up on Taitz, but, sometimes, for the lolz:
If you are a refugee from Ukraine in United states, contact me at orly.taitz@gmail.com
:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/if-you-are- ... gmail-com/ :twisted:
And this is bad for Obama because...

I would have said Biden but I'm pretty sure she is still more wound up about Obama and his 42 SSNs.
Sam the Centipede

At Immigration, in a Taitzian fantasy:

Passport please … ah, your name is Харисон Бунел … please wait, we have a dentist, no, a lawyer, oh let's just call her a deluded bigot, who wishes to speak with you.

Return to “Other weirdos”