I wanna riot (because Roe)

neeneko

Re: I wanna riot

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:31 pm It was coming before the election, anyway.
*nod* which could still mean the timing could be strategic, but I am not sure in which direction. The leak today is not only before the election, but way before. On the one hand this means more time to organize using a particular rallying cry, but on the other hand there is a certain shelf life to outrage and the longer gap means people will burn through their energy and be less likely to be active during the critical final run.
June bug

Post by June bug »

neeneko wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:11 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:31 pm It was coming before the election, anyway.
*nod* which could still mean the timing could be strategic, but I am not sure in which direction. The leak today is not only before the election, but way before. On the one hand this means more time to organize using a particular rallying cry, but on the other hand there is a certain shelf life to outrage and the longer gap means people will burn through their energy and be less likely to be active during the critical final run.
:yeahthat:

That’s one reason I think the leak is more likely to have come from the right.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: I wanna riot (because Roe)

Post by Foggy »

I won't riot, but I am pre-approved for travel to our nation's capital in order to join any massive protest marches, and I will represent my family and friends who will fight this horrid ruling. I can get a hat from Amazon for fifteen bux.
redhat.jpg
I think I'll be perfectly stunning in my new hat, don'cha think?
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I always thought we were headed to an Idiocracy, but then things took a turn and it looked like we were going to end up in Handmaid's Tale. Now I believe we are in some unholy mashup of Idiocracy, Handmaid's Tale, with a healthy dollop of 1984 on top.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:45 am I won't riot, but I am pre-approved for travel to our nation's capital in order to join any massive protest marches, and I will represent my family and friends who will fight this horrid ruling. I can get a hat from Amazon for fifteen bux.

redhat.jpg

I think I'll be perfectly stunning in my new hat, don'cha think?
Did I miss the hammer and sicle? Just to be sure there is no space for a MAGA inscription :twisted:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The scenery changes, but the road we're on leads straight to tyranny be way of violence, repression, and cruelty.

The point of democracy was to avoid Rule by Caesar.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:00 pm Did I miss the hammer and sickle?
New times, new hat. I have a good number of hats. 8-)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:01 pm The scenery changes, but the road we're on leads straight to tyranny be way of violence, repression, and cruelty.

No ma'am, because we're going to fight violence, repression, and cruelty.

Again, I insist: In the long run, history only moves in one direction, and that's FORWARD.

We've taken a few steps back. The wrongheaded people would have us move even further back.

But everywhere I look, I see fierce, powerful, and intelligent women who are not going to put up with this bullshit. Us men who get it and support you will be right there every step of the way. We are going to fight, goddammit.

Earthlings make terrible mistakes, due to lack of education and simple pigheadedness. But overall, they're not inherently evil, and they eventually correct their mistakes. I still have faith in them, and I think the wrongheaded people are in for a very unpleasant next ten years.

And I'm going to do what I can to help make them unhappy.

:cheer1:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We will need men to support women, and it's for their own benefit. They aren't stopping at abortion. Gay rights affect men and women. For that matter, abortion affects men, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:21 pm We will need men to support women, and it's for their own benefit. They aren't stopping at abortion. Gay rights affect men and women. For that matter, abortion affects men, too.
Agreed. One of the ways in which MSM needs to get woke is to stop covering shit as if the only people who care about suppression/repression are the people being suppressed/repressed. To quote my favorite Canadian Prime Minister, it's 2022 for fuck's sake.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:11 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:01 pm The scenery changes, but the road we're on leads straight to tyranny be way of violence, repression, and cruelty.

No ma'am, because we're going to fight violence, repression, and cruelty.

Again, I insist: In the long run, history only moves in one direction, and that's FORWARD.

We've taken a few steps back. The wrongheaded people would have us move even further back.

But everywhere I look, I see fierce, powerful, and intelligent women who are not going to put up with this bullshit. Us men who get it and support you will be right there every step of the way. We are going to fight, goddammit.

Earthlings make terrible mistakes, due to lack of education and simple pigheadedness. But overall, they're not inherently evil, and they eventually correct their mistakes. I still have faith in them, and I think the wrongheaded people are in for a very unpleasant next ten years.

And I'm going to do what I can to help make them unhappy.

:cheer1:
I also will be doing all I can :heart: My point is that we must recognize how really bad it is, and what is at work. I just listened to one of the most respected MSNBC talking dudes say that it's not necessary to prosecute TFG for his crimes, because the correct remedy is elections. No recognition that our electoral system is under assault; no recognition of the rule by fear that is part of the autocratic game plan.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I can't really apologize for being a straight white male senior citizen, we all have a cross to bear. :biggrin:

But I can support my fellow Earthlings of the femalian persuasion, and I will fight for LGBTs, and y'know, next they'll go after the Joos, and I'll fight for them too also. If I have to spend the rest of my time on this planet fighting for my fellow Earthlings, I am down with that noise.

This is why I've spent the past few years working hard to be fit and healthy. I can walk for miles, or run if I have to. I can march for hours in our nation's capital in the broiling heat, and I know the territory well. I have a free room in my father's condo, and a SmartTrip card for riding the Metro. This is a thing I am so ready to do.

And I feel good about fighting with the women. The women, unlike all of the minority groups, are not a minority. They are more organized than the men. If you don't charge in like a bull and you quietly establish that you are there to assist, they will find something you can do that is really helpful. In the Raleigh Women's March in 2017, I was a legal observer. I can't be female, but I can be a very supportive male.

I'm hoping I don't have to do this thing. I'm hoping the Supremes come in their senses before overturning Roe.

But I'm ready for whatever comes. :boxing:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when married men with girlfriends on the side realize what this revolting development will mean for them.

Heh. Double-edged sword, boys. :?
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Force vasectomies for all men at age 14, which the state will pay to reverse upon proof of financial ability to raise a child (a bond market will grow from this) and submission of DNA sample. Then DNA databases of all children born in the USA, to firmly establish paternity and payroll deducted child support starting with neonatal care.

You wanna say you're Pro-Life, fine. We'll hold you to that with brutal efficiency. If you're going to force women to have children, force the men to have children, too. Hell, if there was a way I'd say duck tape a bowling ball to their stomach for 9 months.

Now sit down and spread your legs, Sparky, :snippity: this will pinch a little...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:snippity:

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

St. Peter’s on Capitol Hill
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 am St. Peter’s on Capitol Hill
How ironic after all the years of the rabid faithful Catholics disrupting clinics and nearby residences and businesses with their protests.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona

FDNY representing.
Amy Siskind 🏳️‍🌈 @Amy_Siskind wrote: “You have no choice. Not your choice, not your body, your body is mine.”

This is where we are headed folks!
raison de arizona

FDNY issued a statement disowning the chucklehead above, said he’s not a firefighter.
► Show Spoiler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Fuck you Susan Collins!

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jez wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 pmI remember having to buy a "membership" at a restaurant for $1 to be part of the "club" and be able to buy a mixed drink or beer.
I remember my dad doing that. The main club in our area was called the "Fugarwee (sp?) Tribe." Fugarwee was a (obviously) made up word that was a short version of "Where the fuck are we." I never quite understood why they called it that or what the point of the name was, but I was pretty young back then. I just remember thinking the whole thing seemed kind of silly.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Reminds me to times far back, like the 70's in the UK where restaurants were only permitted to serve beer or wine to a meal, resulting in one stale sandwich getting ordered and left for recycling. Ahh - also limited hours to serve the drinks.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:36 am Reminds me to times far back, like the 70's in the UK where restaurants were only permitted to serve beer or wine to a meal, resulting in one stale sandwich getting ordered and left for recycling. Ahh - also limited hours to serve the drinks.
:bighug: I loved trying to explain a lock in to Americans. To me it was one of the most English things about England.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Susan Collins always knew she was being liked to, just like every other person who was paying the slightest attention.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”