American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:05 pm Oops they’re about a month late already!
:lol: the solitary date they put in there and it is wrong!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:05 pm Oops they’re about a month late already!
They are taking I-80 by Chicago. Add another month (or at least it feels like it every time I have to take the Kingery/Borman.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Aprils fool. Just so that Antifa cannot catch up with them :biggrin:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

They also seem to be avoiding the toll roads in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Guess all these truckers don't have an EZ Pass.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Now I think I'm gonna reroute my trip
I'd a-wonder if anyone thinked I flipped
If I ...went to DC...via Omaha
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

The convoy leaves for DC tomorrow morning.

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
much ado

Post by much ado »

I can't wait for them to drive into the dustbin of history.
LM K

Post by LM K »

bill_g wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:44 am
LM K wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:07 pm
bill_g wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:47 am

There are darn few bridges across the Willamette into WA. Less than one in fact. Certainly not greater than zero.
:oopsy:
Oh! Sorry. I thought the mistake was theirs. My snark was aimed at them. Apologizes LM K. :bighug:
Oh, my mistake earned some snark! :lol:
LM K

Post by LM K »

One guy is installing a train horn on his vehicle. I'm no sure what type of vehicle it is.

A few members went to the pro-choice rally in Spokane yesterday. One convoy member became extremely confrontational with women. I didn't see the conflict because the livestreamer edited his video to cut out the confrontation. He didn't cut his final comment: "then keep your legs closed". Yes. This winner is a Proud Boy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:58 am Bill, i would have loved to have you as a boss. Seems that when you have bad news or criticism to deliver, you do it with humor. :lovestruck:
Ahhh. Thx.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

humblescribe wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:24 pm They also seem to be avoiding the toll roads in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Guess all these truckers don't have an EZ Pass.
Their first map has them on I-80 (then maybe I-94) where they get off somewhere around Chesterton, cut down to Valparaiso and then US-30 to Fort Wayne. That would result in one toll, where the Tri-State meets up with I-80 as it then becomes part of I-294 as a tollway, sort of, to the Indiana border. Most all toll collection in Illinois is iPass/EZPass/Etc or pay online so they could easily blow through and get a bill at home that can be paid online (but will never be).

Their new map has them taking the Reagan Tollway, into Chicago (they will just love the Eisenhower and the never-ending Byrne interchange construction downtown) and then out the Dan Ryan to the Skyway, which is a pricey toll. After that, then they get to the various toll booths for the Indiana tollway as it does not start the start ticket and pay at the end until after it gets past I-94. While Illinois has open road tolling so you don't have to stop I don't think that applies on the Skyway or the Indiana Tollway. There are still gates on the iPass/EZPass lanes that wait until they sense your transponder.

If they want to avoid tolls, either take I-80 to Joliet and cut over to US-30, or just swallow the one toll. The only thing worse than the Borman for traffic is probably the Eisenhower. Not to mention, they may want to avoid being nasty to traffic in Chicago, especially as they are traveling on the west and south sides.

Maybe they think they can just go out by south Lake Shore Drive (I have done that before) but you need to know where you are going and, officially, trucks and even pickup trucks are not allowed on Lake Shore. However, my experience (granted from 15 years ago) is that they would only have problems getting stopped on that road if they were non-white, sad to say. I did not realize pickups were not allowed but I was never stopped. White speeders were not stopped either. Speeding while black, that's a different story.
raison de arizona

Hey Northland, do you have an idea what these tolls are for trucks? I know at the bridges in NYC they would run $100 or more, priced by axle, but I'm guessing the tolls for these roads aren't anything like that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:44 pm Hey Northland, do you have an idea what these tolls are for trucks? I know at the bridges in NYC they would run $100 or more, priced by axle, but I'm guessing the tolls for these roads aren't anything like that.
If all they did is get that one I-80/I-294 one, it would be 0.60 for a car (assuming pay online no iPass which is cheaper) and for the commercial trucks, assuming 2 (6 tires)-4 axels, it looks like maybe 1-1.50. 5 axels would be 2.65 in the daytime and 2.05 overnight.

Looks like the Reagan all the way would be 10 for cars and around 45-50 for 5 axel trucks.

The Skyway is 5.90 for cars and 20-34 for trucks or trailers (less after 8pm).

For the stretch of the Indiana tollway, they would probably run (at the longest), 3.70 for cars, and up to 12.30 for trucks or maybe higher as I don't know what types of trailers they are pulling.

I don't know what it's like right now, but if they need gas, I strongly recommend getting it in Indiana, not Illinois (especially in the Chicago area, and more so, Cook County and more so, the tollway gas stations).
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I have been on the Eisenhower Car Park.

Its pretty long and narrow for a car park, but I bet they could probably camp there for a week and nobody would notice.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
northland10

Post by northland10 »

At least they can take the nice Eisenhower parking lot shuttle, also known as the Blue Line, to the loop for sightseeing and then pop back later for the vehicles.
raison de arizona

No info on where they plan to hang their hats tonight yet.
QRR @QRemedyResearch wrote: The convoy is passing by a school where one of their Idaho allies work, it sounds like the kids made thank you cards for the conoy? I'm not giving the name or location of the school, don't ask. I'm not sure if they're stopping or passing, I'll post when they get on I-90e. 3 of x
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:26 am At least they can take the nice Eisenhower parking lot shuttle, also known as the Blue Line, to the loop for sightseeing and then pop back later for the vehicles.
Will the locals give them a loving welcome?
tencats

Post by tencats »

Fighting for their America
May 5, 2022 1:08 AM
https://cdapress.com/news/2022/may/05/f ... l-america/
POST FALLS — Anne Lake and friends led the cry at Stateline Speedway.

“FREEDOM!”

They shouted it again.

“FREEDOM!”

The Texas woman holding an American flag joined the People’s Convoy two months ago. She said they were in North Idaho for Wednesday evening’s rally because of government overreach.

“We want America back. We love our country. We love our people. We want them to know what they’re losing, they're losing their freedoms," she said.

About 700 people attended the rally of The People’s Convoy led by truckers that will leave this morning bound for Washington, D.C.

Many waved flags and wore patriotic shirts, hats and pants. At one point, horns from the trucks parked before the stands blasted, and the crowd cheered wildly.

Speakers praised and thanked God, which led many to raise their hands high and shout Amen.

The Panhandle Patriot Riders Club was there, as were families, teens and seniors, some wearing Trump hats.

There was talk of a rigged 2020 presidential election, that children were being targeted by a transgender agenda and people of faith being under attack.

Del Hungerford of Oldtown beat her drum with gusto as speakers made key points. She joined the convoy in Olympia, Wash., on Saturday, which then headed to North Idaho.

She believes it is “bringing a unity that we have not seen in a long time here.

“It’s not about the left or right, but about people with varying beliefs being able to come together, disagree, and still love one another,” Hungerford said. “That's what it's about. And we're losing it. That’s why I wanted to be part of this.”

She’ll stick with the convoy until May 20, when it's time to go back to work.

Hungerford called for America to unite.

“Who gives a rip whether you're a Republican or a Democrat? Stop fighting over politics,” she said.
Read more at https://cdapress.com/news/2022/may/05/f ... l-america/

raison de arizona

Eggtifa @TresBienMichele wrote: WITHOUT A DOUBT, TOTAL FAILURE OF A RALLY.

Can’t rally empty sets, bro. They’re already bolted into the cement.

Oh, apparently Rat Rod needs new tires.

Who is dumb enough to buy that little turd new tires?

There’s always someone dumber.
To be clear, RatRod is constantly "entertaining" the "crowds" by doing long burnout sessions everywhere they go. Including the middle of interstates, he don't care. The only thing that surprises me is that his tires lasted _this_ long.

Synopsis of Eggtifa's report: They are doing about 35mph. People are pissed. Some dude blew past them in a huff on the shoulder. The trucks are having to go through the weigh station. The cars stopped ON THE INTERSTATE to wait for them. How do these nimrods continue to get away with blatant disregard of vehicle laws without getting ticketed? And it's dangerous.

Local Montana folk are posting that their 35mph antics are not going to fly on 80mph speed limit Montana roads and they are cruising for a bruising from the general populace. :shrug:

Oreo haz a mad:
https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxkoHHqL ... iNXJ0eohg-
Or, and this may seem radical, you could NOT wait for "a few people" every day for SEVENTY DAYS and instead just leave without them and make them catch up. Maybe that would learn them to get up on time. Or drop out. Either way, it would save two and a half months of frustration.
raison de arizona

The school that turned out for them: https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxEBq1zK ... 0XxmlhWXf0
Breakin' the law, breakin' the law! https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxojYwOd ... 5S-QTIMJ93
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Going 35 on an interstate in the Chicago area will get you a ticket. I have seen people stopped for it. Obviously, it only applies if the traffic is actually going over 35, which rules out the Eisenhower.
raison de arizona

LM K

Post by LM K »

Thur morning meeting:

Trucker G:

*Meeting was on time!

*Follow the truck in front of you!

*Trying to get venues locked down ahead of time.**

*RAIN!

Proud Boy Santa:***

*Rumors. We are going to address them head-on from now on.****

*Yes, our venue fell through due miscommunication. We're working to be better about this.

*Social media is saying that we don't have a clear mission! Wrong!! Our mission has NEVER CHANGED!*****

*We're "Twitter on wheels!"!

*We focused on one issue but decided to open that platform up! Fuel. Border.******

"Our mission has NEVER CHANGED! We're here to represent the people to the representatives that no longer represent them!*******

*"If it means something, bring it." Get off your butt!

The end.

**The convoy is much more organized now that Brian and Mike are gone.

***Proud Boy Santa is a POS. He's also a very, very motivational speaker.

**** Smart decision. Previous leaders would just say "stop listening to rumors". Occasionally they would put the rumor to rest, but they often did not, which created more rumors. New leaders, Trucker G and PB Santa are better communicators and better organizers.

*****Someone should inform those in charge of the website of this goal.

******NO mention of abortion.

*******Finally, a "clear" mission statement.

(The cackling smoker woman is still with the convoy. Dog save me!)
LM K

Post by LM K »

tencats wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:31 pm Fighting for their America
May 5, 2022 1:08 AM
https://cdapress.com/news/2022/may/05/f ... l-america/
:snippity:
There are 9 trucks there. Very unimpressive.
LM K

Post by LM K »

This pic is the best pic of the rally crowd I could find. A speaker is speaking, so this was likely the biggest the crowd got.
IMG_05052022_153618_(1800_x_900_pixel).jpg
IMG_05052022_153618_(1800_x_900_pixel).jpg (343.78 KiB) Viewed 504 times

Is it just me, or is that crowd a lot smaller than 700 people?

Return to “Current Politics”