X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Yes, but, y'know ... Melanie looks a lot like Vice President Harris, who is a third rate, low IQ loser. But she looks a lot like my wife! :lol:

Weren't we talking about "the Look" the other day? :think:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

From Kamala:

Kamala HQ: Last night, Elon Musk interviewed Donald Trump live on Twitter (we're not calling it “X”). :lol:

Trump is running scared to his yes-men, but Team Harris-Walz is only picking up speed. We are a people-powered movement, and we're not going to let some rich guys riffing on their own website slow us down.

Elon has already pledged to donate millions of dollars to help reelect Trump. But unlike our opponent, we are not beholden to billionaires like Elon. Or to Big Pharma. Or Big Oil. Or the NRA.

We're counting on grassroots supporters like you to fund this campaign to victory in November.

(Neon), please chip in $20 now to show Trump that we don't need to suck up to billionaires like Elon to win elections:

https://m.kamalaharris.com/NnS3bti0
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bobby Allyn
@BobbyAllyn

NEW: Judge Reed O'Connor has recused himself from one of Elon Musk's lawsuits, against the coalition of advertisers. This comes after NPR reported on Reed's investment in Tesla and Musk's forum-shopping by filing in Reed's district, where none of the parties are based.
https://x.com/chrisgeidner/status/1823403992547987633
Chris “Law Dork” Geidner
@chrisgeidner·2h

BREAKING: Judge Reed O'Connor has recused himself from the Elon Musk/X Corp. lawsuit against advertisers. Per the docket, the case has been reassigned to Judge James Kinkeade, a George W. Bush appointee.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:25 pm From Kamala:
:snippity:

We're counting on grassroots supporters like you to fund this campaign to victory in November.

(Neon), please chip in $20 now to show Trump that we don't need to suck up to billionaires like Elon to win elections:

https://m.kamalaharris.com/NnS3bti0
Did she at least offer you a chance to win an invite you to a diner with her and a photo op :?:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Bots... everywhere...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-13/ ... /104219752

Beijing-based 'Green Cicada' AI network uncovered on social media, fears of US election disruption

In short:A social media bot network linked to a Chinese university and AI company has been uncovered on X.
The information warfare network, dubbed "Green Cicada", is one of the largest identified.

What's next?There are concerns Green Cicada has been staged to disrupt the coming US presidential election.
A network of at least 5,000 AI-run accounts has been exposed in a suspected Chinese-run information warfare campaign to spread divisive political discourse on the social media platform X.

Local cyber security company CyberCX says it has uncovered an operation linked to a Chinese university and AI company that appears to mainly target contentious American narratives but has sometimes also engaged with Australian content.

"While the information operation capability is currently relatively ineffective, we assess it could be leveraged to conduct harmful activities in future," the company warns in a newly completed report.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He X'd the wires.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He's probably going to claim "white dudes" is racist.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:21 pm He's probably going to claim "white dudes" is racist.
Descriptive labels are for people who need to be distinguished from the one true default.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Hoops for Harris is the account that has been restricted.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Jane Goodall
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

the WaPo article linked in above post (gift link)
Elon Musk’s X reveals investors in court filing
A court filing obtained by The Post lists which firms and individuals have a financial stake in the platform.

By Trisha Thadani
August 21, 2024 at 10:20 p.m. EDT

SAN FRANCISCO — A federal judge on Tuesday ordered Elon Musk’s X to unseal the list of shareholders involved with X Holdings Corp., giving the public an official look at the investors who aided his $44 billion purchase of the social media platform previously known as Twitter in October 2022.

Shareholders named in the document include some of Silicon Valley’s most prominent venture capitalists and entrepreneurs — as well as a fund linked with hip-hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs.

The filing lists nearly 100 entities with a stake in X, although many appear to represent different funds controlled by the same firm or person. Other investors include venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al Saud; Twitter founder and former CEO Jack Dorsey; and 8VC, a venture capital firm co-founded by Joe Lonsdale, co-founder of intelligence contractor and data analysis platform Palantir.

Lesser-known shareholders listed in the filing include UnipolSai S.P.A., an Italian financial services company based in Bologna. Many of the larger investors had previously been reported, but X had not publicly detailed its stakeholders before. X did not immediately return a request for comment.

X originally filed the list of investors under seal as part of a lawsuit brought in 2023 by former Twitter employees who alleged that the entrepreneur violated their arbitration agreements by failing to pay them certain fees after he bought the company. Attorneys for the nonprofit Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press filed a motion in July asking the court to unseal the records, on behalf of independent technology journalist Jacob Silverman.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Susan Illston granted Silverman’s motion to unseal the filing and ordered X to file an unredacted copy on the docket. The Washington Post downloaded an unredacted version of the filing from the court website on Wednesday. It’s not clear when it was made available to the public.

gifted https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... lF7dEe6Qhk
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Yemen weapons dealers selling machine-guns on X”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c86l4pl6072o

“Weapons dealers in Yemen are openly using the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, to sell Kalashnikovs, pistols, grenades and grenade-launchers.
The traders operate in the capital Sana’a and other areas under control of the Houthis, a rebel group backed by Iran and proscribed as terrorists by the US and Australian governments.
"It is inconceivable that they [the weapons dealers] are not operating on the Houthis’ behalf," said the former British Ambassador to Yemen, Edmund Fitton-Brown, who now works for the Counter Extremism Project.
"Purely private dealers who tried to profit from supplying, [for example] the government of Yemen, would be quickly shut down."
An investigation by The Times newspaper found that several of the Yemeni accounts bore the blue tick of verification.
Both The Times and the BBC have approached X for comment, but have not so far received any response.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Racial hatred post did not break X rules”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn8ljjjmpg5o

“The wife of a Conservative councillor who was convicted for stirring up racial hatred on social media did not violate X's rules with the post.
Lucy Connolly, a childminder from Northampton, has pleaded guilty to publishing a social media post intending to stir up racial hatred after calling for hotels housing asylum seekers to be set alight.
A few days after her post, X rejected a complaint from a user who flagged the message to it.
The social media giant did not respond to multiple requests for comment.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Expect the value of the bird site to plummet far more than it did this year in the coming year.

You're going to see another mass exodus of advertisers.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I haven't seen any major advertisers on Xitter for ages. Nowadays, what I see are cryptobros with bored ape avatars, financial "gurus" with a newsletter and 3 followers, self-published authors/musicians, shady rare earth mining ventures, creepy god botherers, and reich wing engagement farmers.
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

On second thought, I think a blind squirrel could do better than those two yahoos.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:17 pm I haven't seen any major advertisers on Xitter for ages. Nowadays, what I see are cryptobros with bored ape avatars, financial "gurus" with a newsletter and 3 followers, self-published authors/musicians, shady rare earth mining ventures, creepy god botherers, and reich wing engagement farmers.
Pretty much my experience. a lot of election ads from everyone. You can't block official ads, but I see ads, but posted by accounts -I block all those. I blocked elmo when he bought it so I never have to see his garbage.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:17 pm I haven't seen any major advertisers on Xitter for ages. Nowadays, what I see are cryptobros with bored ape avatars, financial "gurus" with a newsletter and 3 followers, self-published authors/musicians, shady rare earth mining ventures, creepy god botherers, and reich wing engagement farmers.
Same here. Your mainstream airlines, health care, consumer goods, etc., fled when their ads were adjacent to right-wing hate.

But Musk is suing them, so all good. He knows how the free market works.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Same report from me with X advertising. Just garbage products or services.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Some advertisers probably kept up some ads during the long election season, especially with Trump basically running for 4 years. Come January, they probably expect a drop in use. This is ikely Trump's last election, even if he loses.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If Turnip is alive in 4 years he will run again. His insanity will force him to. Whether anyone pays any attention to him is anyone's guess.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:37 pm Some advertisers probably kept up some ads during the long election season, especially with Trump basically running for 4 years. Come January, they probably expect a drop in use. This is ikely Trump's last election, even if he loses.
Okay, but when we see signs for Trump-Arpaio '28.... :lol:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

British MPs and international organisations hacked on X
World Health Organization and Great British Menu among accounts that posted ‘this is a hacked account’

Tom Ambrose and agency
Wed 18 Sep 2024 23.50 CEST

British politicians and international organisations have had their accounts on X hacked on Wednesday night.

MPs including Shabana Mahmood, the justice secretary, and the Labour MPs Chris Elmore and Carolyn Harris all shared the same message on the social media site. Although quickly removed, the messages could still be read on TweetDeck, a dashboard used to manage accounts on X, formerly Twitter.

The messages, which also included a lengthy code, said: “THIS IS HACKED ACCOUNT!!!! INTRODUCING HACKED ON SOLANA on each account we hack we publish the token address so we pump it and make profits together.”

The message on the justice secretary’s account was posted at 7.53pm and had been deleted by 7.55pm. It is not the first time a British politician’s account on the website has been hacked. Jeremy Corbyn’s Twitter account was hijacked in 2016 when a series of expletive-laden tweets were posted.

One aimed an insult at the then prime minister, David Cameron, while another expressed opposition to the Trident nuclear defence programme.

Other accounts that posted the same message on Wednesday evening include the World Health Organization, the Great British Menu and the India branch of the technology company Lenovo.

While many quickly deleted the hacked message, some remained visible for some time. The British comedian and actor Sooz Kempner shared to X that her account was also hacked and she had changed her password.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... acked-on-x

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”