State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Chilidog

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Chilidog »

chancery wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:25 pm Shipping clerks handle bills of lading, general average, demurrage, flotsam, jetsam and all other admiralty requirements. I hope that helps. :roll:
Uh oh......

Don't tell the sovcits
realist

Post by realist »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:33 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:31 pm “Consider this statement a gag order forbidding all parties from posting, emailing, or speaking publicly about any of my staff,” he said, revealing he had ordered Trump’s post deleted.

“Personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate and I will not tolerate them in any circumstances.”

So does this include the judge? It effing should. But I suppose he is waiting a piccy of fuckhead aiming a baseball bat at his (Engoron's) head.

So apparently there was some off-the-record talk among the parties. I'm guessing Engoron told fuckhead's lolyers to knock it the hell off. Time will tell.
Just as importantly, does it include the prosecutors?
According to the judge's order, yes, as it states above, all parties. That would include the prosecutors. Who wouldn't be doing it anyway, but just sayin'.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:03 pm
chancery wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:25 pm Shipping clerks handle bills of lading, general average, demurrage, flotsam, jetsam and all other admiralty requirements. I hope that helps. :roll:
Uh oh......

Don't tell the sovcits
? Doesn't the joke originate in our amusement at the sovcits' alternate reality, in particular their obsession with admiralty law (to what purpose I don remember)?
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

But we are talking about TFG who has the control of a vinegar gnat on cocaine or the self control not to throw ketchup on the wall in front of others. And his "lawyers" who are there just to do his bidding to piss off the judge...and file some crazy shit in the appellate courts.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

realist wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:24 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:31 pm “Consider this statement a gag order forbidding all parties from posting, emailing, or speaking publicly about any of my staff,” he said, revealing he had ordered Trump’s post deleted.

“Personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate and I will not tolerate them in any circumstances.”

So does this include the judge? It effing should. But I suppose he is waiting a piccy of fuckhead aiming a baseball bat at his (Engoron's) head.

So apparently there was some off-the-record talk among the parties. I'm guessing Engoron told fuckhead's lolyers to knock it the hell off. Time will tell.
According to the judge's order, yes, as it states above, all parties. That would include the prosecutors. Who wouldn't be doing it anyway, but just sayin'.
noy

I meant, does the group of people fuckhead is not to attack include the judge himself and as Sugar notes, the prosecutors. Engoron only says "my staff", which is surprisingly narrow.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:26 pm
Uh oh......

Don't tell the sovcits
? Doesn't the joke originate in our amusement at the sovcits' alternate reality, in particular their obsession with admiralty law (to what purpose I don remember)?
It has to do with gold fringe on the flag. That’s all I remember.

But if they knew anything about admiralty law *at all,* they’d know that it’s the silver oar on the bench and not the gold fringe on the flag that symbolizes an admiralty court.

Back in the day, admiralty courts were separate from courts of general jurisdiction. The mace shaped like an oar was the symbol. We don’t have admiralty courts in the US (I don’t think we ever did after independence), but our federal courts do hear cases involving admiralty law. And when they do, some courts set a small silver decorative oar on the bench to denote that the case is an admiralty case.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:33 pmEngoron only says "my staff", which is surprisingly narrow.
Perhaps the judge is careful to preclude accusations of restricting free speech?

Tacit parts of a statement are intrinsically subject to misinterpretation. ;) So: prosecutors aren't mentioned: (a) so it's ok to disparage them, (b) but they could be added, (c) because they're not an issue at this moment.

I suspect it is a warning shot about aiming build at other folk.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:26 pm
Uh oh......

Don't tell the sovcits
One of the favorite sovcit memes is that a fringed flag in the courtroom indicates that the court is an admiralty court and, therefore, has no jurisdiction over them, for whatever land-based infraction they are charged with. Some have even claimed (and a few have tried it IIRC) that, if you see a fringed flag, you can simply announce to the judge that you are not subject to admiralty law, turn around and walk away.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:33 pm I meant, does the group of people fuckhead is not to attack include the judge himself and as Sugar notes, the prosecutors. Engoron only says "my staff", which is surprisingly narrow.
I think when Crackula starts attacking the Judge and the Prosecutors etc, we will know.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I'm a little confused.

Isn't this the case in which Judge Engoran last week isssued a summary judgement, finding that Trump and the Trump organization had, indeed, fraudulently inflated the value of his properties? Didn't he also order that all of Trump's New York based companies be dissolved?

Was the summary judgement only a partial judgement, leaving some issues still to be resolved? If so, what issues remain?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Nope, different case. That case only applied to stuff in New York. There was EVEN MORE FRAUD! so this applies to other places.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:56 pm I'm a little confused.

Isn't this the case in which Judge Engoran last week isssued a summary judgement, finding that Trump and the Trump organization had, indeed, fraudulently inflated the value of his properties? Didn't he also order that all of Trump's New York based companies be dissolved?

Was the summary judgement only a partial judgement, leaving some issues still to be resolved? If so, what issues remain?
Yes, summary judgment on the one main issue, I think there were 6 counts (7?) that needed trial still.
Edit:
AP wrote:The judge overseeing the case, Arthur Engoron, resolved the lawsuit’s top claim before the trial even began, ruling that Trump routinely deceived banks, insurers and others by exaggerating the value of assets on paperwork used in making deals and securing loans. Engoron will decide on six remaining claims in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit, including allegations of conspiracy, falsifying business records and insurance fraud.
]
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
realist

Post by realist »

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:59 pm Nope, different case. That case only applied to stuff in New York. There was EVEN MORE FRAUD! so this applies to other places.
No, don't think so. This case is about NY stuff. That's why it's titled State of NY v Trump.

Judge in the instant case did rule in partial summary judgment that Trump had indeed commited fraud and cancelled his business licenses and essentially put his NY-based companies in receivership.

There are still issues to be tried related to his offspring, etc.
And damages if warranted.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

realist wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:59 pm Nope, different case. That case only applied to stuff in New York. There was EVEN MORE FRAUD! so this applies to other places.
No, don't think so. This case is about NY stuff. That's why it's titled State of NY v Trump.

Judge in the instant case did rule in partial summary judgment that Trump had indeed commited fraud and cancelled his business licenses and essentially put his NY-based companies in receivership.

There are still issues to be tried related to his offspring, etc.
And damages if warranted.
Ah, my mistake.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:biggrin:

I finally saw the clip from today when tfg said he'd definitely testify. Lawyer Kise (sp?) was right behind him. Watch closely, but he looked awfully pained.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:13 pm :biggrin:

I finally saw the clip from today when tfg said he'd definitely testify. Lawyer Kise (sp?) was right behind him. Watch closely, but he looked awfully pained.
He bought his tickets, he knew what he was getting into....

I say...let his career crash.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Off Topic
Re: Shipping Clerks
I thought the Fogbowism of referring to court clerks as shipping clerks paid homage to Orly Taitz and her disdain for court clerks especially SCOTUS clerk Danny Bickell whom she particularly singled out. She accused him and others of tampering with the court record on her cases. We had a similar discussion on Oldbow but I don't think anyone could come up with an instance where Orly actually used the term "shipping clerk".
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

realist wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 pm [This case is about NY stuff. That's why it's titled State of NY v Trump.
This case is about New York corporations and LLCs. However, it does deal with some properties outside of New York, (e.g., Florida, Scotland), because those properties are owned by NYS business entities which are defendants.
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:56 pm Was the summary judgement only a partial judgement, leaving some issues still to be resolved? If so, what issues remain?
Yes, and issues remain; among other issues, damages/fine.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Agreed.
realist

Post by realist »

p0rtia post_ wrote:Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:33 pm
realist wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:24 pm
noy

I meant, does the group of people fuckhead is not to attack include the judge himself and as Sugar notes, the prosecutors. Engoron only says "my staff", which is surprisingly narrow.
Sorry I misunderstood. Long day. :|
Image X 4
Image X 32
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:14 pm
bob wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:02 pm Having said that, this is exactly why shipping clerks should* keep a low profile; to the protect the court from even an appearance of impropriety.
What is a shipping clerk, what is s/he supposed to do and what is this one doing wrong?

Thanks!!
some jerk* explained it; I believe the original is in Anna von Reitz's ramblings writings.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Airplane! references are never inappropriate.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:01 pm
Yes, summary judgment on the one main issue, I think there were 6 counts (7?) that needed trial still.
:snippity:
Latitia James motion was only for a partial summary judgement on the matter of fraud:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... memo-83023
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:36 pm Anyone think he's aware enough to realize the dumbest thing he ever did was come down that escalator?
That is actually a monitor there is no keyboard, so all he has is pictures.

FTW my dude.... :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”