trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Post by Flatpoint High »

well, will he be remanded after his alleged violation of the Logan Act?
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... eement.pdf
(2) The Defendant shall not violate the laws of this State, the laws of any other state, the laws of the United States of America, or any other local laws. Ayala v. State, 262 Ga. 704, 705 (1993).
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I don't think anyone in the history of forever has ever been tried for a Logan Act violation.

And so I went to look for the facts, and indeed, no one ever has been on trial for violating the Act which was enacted in 1799.
Only two indictments have ever been handed up under the Logan Act, both in the 19th century. The first occurred in 1803 when a grand jury indicted Francis Flournoy, a Kentucky farmer, who had written an article in the Frankfort Guardian of Freedom under the pen name of "A Western American". In the article, Flournoy advocated for the creation of a new independent state, not part of the US, in North America that would ally with France. The United States Attorney for Kentucky, an Adams appointee and brother-in-law of Chief Justice John Marshall, went no further than procuring the indictment of Flournoy, and there was no further prosecution of him. The purchase of the Louisiana Territory later that year appeared to cause the separatism issue to become moot, and the case was abandoned.[2]

In 1852, Jonas Phillips Levy became the second, and to date the last, person to be indicted under the Logan Act. Levy, an American merchant and sailor who was living in Mexico at the time, had acquired a grant to build a railway across the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, the narrowest point across Mexico. Secretary of State Daniel Webster had been pressuring Mexico to accept a treaty that would allow a different group of American businessmen to build the railway. Levy wrote a letter to Mexican President Mariano Arista urging him to reject Webster's proposed treaty, prompting Webster to seek an indictment against Levy for violating the Logan Act. Federal prosecutors were forced to dismiss the case after Arista refused to hand over the original copy of the letter, depriving them of the evidence they needed to convict Levy.[3]
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:03 pm I don't think anyone in the history of forever has ever been tried for a Logan Act violation.

And so I went to look for the facts, and indeed, no one ever has been on trial for violating the Act which was enacted in 1799.
We've never had a former president convicted of 34 felonies before either, so I'm all in on Trump being the first here.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:16 pm
Rolodex wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:03 pm I don't think anyone in the history of forever has ever been tried for a Logan Act violation.

We've never had a former president convicted of 34 felonies before either, so I'm all in on Trump being the first here.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :popcorn:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

more trading cards :brickwallsmall:
Trump DIRE FINANCES Get EXPOSED at WORST TIME

MeidasTouch
31 Aug 2024 Legal AF Podcast

The reason Trump is now reduced to a late night 2 bit infomercial huckster selling the shirt off his back, trading cards, bibles and sneakers out of a van, is because he and his whole “unserious family is incapable of making a new BILLION DOLLARS of fortune to replace what he squandered, and all his grifting income streams have dried up. Michael Popok methodically breaks down why Trump is circling the drain financially and can’t recover, and why his selling the suit off his back and trading cards is a desperate cry for help the American people are ignoring.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW - Donald and his Epstein connection
Trump’s PAST SECRETS Get EXPOSED after SHOCK ANSWER

MeidasTouch
4 Sept 2024

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on Donald Trump’s secrets getting exposed after his latest podcast interview.
► Show Spoiler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Sounds like something is going to drop

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:25 pm Sounds like something is going to drop

Of course, the Trump train is filled with power-hungry amoral scumbags, so this will have approximately zero effect. They're all burnishing their resumes and overinflating their sense of self-importance, so they all leak like sieves in order to feel like they're the ultimate powerful insider.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Um, if this is real, "we have done a great job at preventing leaks," is not a good claim anymore.

Maybe it was a typo, and they were really saying that they got the kitchen to stop using leeks.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It sounds like a routine reminder, except it was leaked. :lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:30 am It sounds like a routine reminder, except it was leaked. :lol:
Pretty bad when even the warning about leaking gets leaked.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

keith wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:50 am Maybe trying to limit the blowback?

DOJ outlines Russia’s disinformation campaigns designed to interfere with U.S. election
If you mean, MAGA blowback, I would hope that they're long past the time when that was a consideration for anything, since MAGA does nothing but blow shit anyway. But with Garland at the helm, I suppose all bets for decisiveness and action are off.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:18 am
keith wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:50 am Maybe trying to limit the blowback?

DOJ outlines Russia’s disinformation campaigns designed to interfere with U.S. election
If you mean, MAGA blowback, I would hope that they're long past the time when that was a consideration for anything, since MAGA does nothing but blow shit anyway. But with Garland at the helm, I suppose all bets for decisiveness and action are off.
The AG will issue a decisive statement about waiting, seeing, and waiting some more, I suppose.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 664f&ei=61
A judge ruled that operations at Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago violated environmental regulations intended to protect Chicago River wildlife. The decision, announced Wednesday, comes after several years of litigation. In 2018, then-Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan filed a lawsuit alleging that Trump Tower’s cooling intake system drew so powerfully from the river that it trapped fish—killing thousands. At the time, the Trump Organization maintained that the allegations against it weren’t fair. “One can only conclude that this decision was motivated by politics,” it said in a statement to The Chicago Tribune. Now, Cook County Circuit Judge Thaddeus L. Wilson has found Trump Tower liable on all counts, writing that it “committed a continuing public nuisance through a series of failures to comply with state and federal law dating back to 2008.” A later hearing will determine what penalties the company will face. The ruling comes amid a presidential election campaign in which Donald Trump has made clear his desire to weaken the Environmental Protection Agency should he win the presidency.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I posted that in General Law and Lawsuits because I couldn’t find this thread. 😭
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:58 pm I posted that in General Law and Lawsuits because I couldn’t find this thread. 😭
I don't go to that thread very often :bag:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:09 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:58 pm I posted that in General Law and Lawsuits because I couldn’t find this thread. 😭
I don't go to that thread very often :bag:
Just couldn’t remember what to search for or would have put it here.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/environmen ... -club-fish
Trump Tower ruled 'public nuisance' over fish kills
A Cook County Circuit Court judge agreed with Attorney General Kwame Raoul, Illinois Sierra Club and Friends of the Chicago River that Trump Tower violated state environmental laws protecting the Chicago River.

Trump Tower is a public nuisance that threatens the Chicago River with its cooling water intake system that illegally sucked in and killed thousands of fish over a number of years, a judge ruled this week.
The building at 401 N. Wabash Ave. operates without a proper state environmental permit, does not accurately report water discharge levels and violates at least three other laws, according to the lawsuit. Wilson said those facts were “well founded” and “not materially challenged.”

Those facts are that the Trump Tower “has created and continues to create a a public nuisance in violation of Illinois law,” and the intake system operates “in a manner that substantially and unreasonably interferes with the public right to fish and otherwise recreate in the Chicago River,” Wilson said in an order dated Monday.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”