State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Chilidog

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Chilidog »

chancery wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:07 pm :snippity:
The more I think about the conceptual and practical difficulties in implanting the partial summary judgment order, ....
My visualization is having the summary judgement order folded up into sharp corners in every direction and the implantation being conducted with a heavy fist while Trump bnds over....
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Wow, that's a bad typo. Thanks, I fixed the original.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Hmmm... so who'd be responsible for preparing and signing the tax returns of the Trump business units? Trump can't be trusted to file honest returns and he won't be in control of the business.
bob

Post by bob »

I would not be surprised if the receiver came in, fired everybody at the top tiers, hired competent people, and ran his business, well, like a business.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:06 pm I would not be surprised if the receiver came in, fired everybody at the top tiers, hired competent people, and ran his business, well, like a business.
Cue the dramatic gasp of horror:

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Programming note: Jen Psaki will have both Cyrus Vance and Order Bharara on her show tomorrow, what nice treat to kick off the first day of trial 🍸
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:06 pm I would not be surprised if the receiver came in, fired everybody at the top tiers, hired competent people, and ran his business, well, like a business.
Another important point is the properties can and will be sold to satisfy any damage judgement awarded to New York in the case. Like the $250 million they asked for plus interest and decided wholly by the judge wo was literally pounding his fists on his desk in anger last week. Trump could possibly come up with the cash somewhere else, but if he doesn't, well, the court has actual possession of the assets needed to pay.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I wonder what other financial improprieties would turn up in that event.

It would seem to.me that the first order of buisness would be a deep cleaning, as it were.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder if the T spawn have already realized that they are now living paycheck to paycheck and their retirement funds may be in danger. Did they put enough cash to the side to live happily ever after while riding into the sunset :?: ....
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Back when my boys were maybe five or six, they’d ask me to buy them something and I would respond with I can’t, I don’t have the money. Their answer was, “just write a check.”

Is it like that?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Trial starting today.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

Key piece of context:

Justice Engoron just noted in court that "nobody asked for" a jury trial, which is why he'll be presiding over Trump's $250M civil fraud case without one.
Hugo Lowell
@hugolowell

Trump isn’t getting a jury trial in his $250m civil fraud suit brought against him by New York AG James because his legal team didn’t request one on the paperwork
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:06 am Trial starting today.
Look, he went wearing a BLUE tie instead of his signature red. :lol:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybe Trump should watch some of those TikTok videos on applying makeup. His bronzer edge is particularly obvious today.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Queue Procol Harem Whiter Shade of Pale in 3.. 2 .. 1 ..

Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

And a blue shirt.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Adam Klasfeld is live tweeting the trial. His tweet thread starts here -
-
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

🎶I’m Blue🎶
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

🎶He wore bluuue veelllvet (whoa whoa whoa)🎶
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N

It's not just for theaters anymore!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

BEST REALITY TV SHOW EVER!!!

(and I hate realty TV)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

Attorney for Trump’s adult sons questions Michael Cohen’s credibility in opening statement

:snippity:

Judge pushes back after Trump lawyer attacks New York attorney general in opening statement

Trump lawyer claims Mar-a-Lago would sell for $1 billion in opening statement

Trump says he attended the civil trial because he wanted "to watch this witch hunt" himself
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump criticizes judge overseeing civil fraud case

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump attacked Arthur Engoron, the judge overseeing his civil case, as he left the courtroom during a lunch break following opening statements this morning.

Trump called Engoron a Democrat and “an operative,” saying that the case against him was a “disgrace.” He also attacked the New York Attorney General Letitia James for going after him instead of violent crime.

“We’re going to be here for months with a judge that already made up his mind. It’s ridiculous,” Trump said.

“They waste their time with this, with banks that were very happy that got all their money back. They weren’t defrauded. I’ve been defrauded,” Trump said.

Asked if he was coming back to the courtroom after lunch, Trump said, “probably.”

Engoron ruled last week that Trump and his co-defendants were liable for fraud in the attorney general’s civil case, one of the seven claims that are a part of the lawsuit.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Apricot Anus wrote: I don't think the people of this country are going to stand for it...This is a disgrace. And you ought to go after this attorney general.
When is someone going to stop his stochastic threats?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Jim

Post by Jim »

Pretty funny that Trump's team of crack lawyers (and junior's, etc) weren't smart enough to ask for a jury trial...they lost their best chance to bullshit Trump out of this mess.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”