Donald J. Trump 2024

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

CBS News@CBSNews

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine says he is sending state troopers to schools in the Springfield, Ohio area starting Tuesday, as the community faces repeated threats amid false claims about Haitian immigrants there.

"We want parents...to feel that it's very, very safe for them to send their children to school," DeWine tells
@NikolenDC

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

I hope they send him a bill. He won't pay it. He'll curse DeWine. Veiled threats will drop out, and then we'll be to Friday - end of this week's news cycle. They'll have a fresh weekend to sow chaos that will set the tone for next week all the way to the election. Trump wants full contact politiking.
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

As one who had her own personal state trooper assigned to sit with her in the 4th grade due to threats against our family, I can assure you, it did not make me feel safer. It probably made my parents feel better though. At least until the Molotov cocktail was thrown into our front yard.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

:o
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Sam the Centipede

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Sam the Centipede »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:14 am As one who had her own personal state trooper assigned to sit with her in the 4th grade due to threats against our family, I can assure you, it did not make me feel safer. It probably made my parents feel better though. At least until the Molotov cocktail was thrown into our front yard.
Oh wow!

An example of how having lots of burly men in uniforms around provides a reminder that the situation might be dangerous before it encourages any sense of security.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:14 am As one who had her own personal state trooper assigned to sit with her in the 4th grade due to threats against our family, I can assure you, it did not make me feel safer. It probably made my parents feel better though. At least until the Molotov cocktail was thrown into our front yard.
The elementary school my grand brats go to has an armed county police officer at the school every day and they do regular emergency drills. It's a great relief knowing that. :faint:
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Holy shit, Sugar!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Every school in my county district has an armed deputy on site with their cruiser parked right in front of the building. We have more than 80 schools.

Fortunately, there have been no active incidents. Occasionally a student runs their mouth off on social media and is dealt with.
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:52 am
Holy shit, Sugar!
It sounds much worse half a century later than it actually felt at the time. It was over a few month period during the civil rights riots and shooting at Jackson State.The worst part of it as far as us kids were concerned is that our freedom to be kids was restricted so much. No visiting friends at their homes, no playing in the front yard, no recess at school, etc because our troopers had to stay so close to us all the time. It didn't effect my younger sisters so much because they were so young, but my brother and I sure felt it. His teacher the previous year had been Kathy Capomacchia Ainsworth, who was killed by FBI while she was trying to bomb a Rabbi's home in Meridian. A gun and KKK membership card were the only things in her purse.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Gee, Sugar, that is scary.

And I don't think Dewine has actually come out and criticized Vance and tfg by name.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:35 pm And I don't think Dewine has actually come out and criticized Vance and tfg by name.
He has not. DeWine is still a Republican, just not a MAGA.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

'Help!' Trump panics over mail-in voting in early morning Truth Social post

Tom Boggioni
September 15, 2024 8:47AM ET

Donald Trump kicked off his Sunday morning by raising the alarm over mail-in voting while asserting that the U.S. Post Office is running the 2024 presidential election.

With PBS reporting, "Election officials from across the country say the U.S. postmaster general has not addressed persistent mail delivery delays and has not adequately prepared for the election," the former president took that and ran with it on Truth Social.

According to the former president who has flip-flopped on mail-in voting to the dismay of some members his party, "The United States Postal Service has admitted that it is a poorly run mess that is experiencing mail loss and delays at a level never seen before."

"With this being the FACT, how can we possibly be expected to allow or trust the U.S. Postal Service to run the 2024 Presidential Election? It is not possible for them to do so," he continued before adding an all-cap: "HELP!"

https://www.rawstory.com/help-trump-pan ... cial-post/
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Maybe he should sue DeJoy, the postmaster general he appointed to destroy the post office? :shrug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

And who appointed the current Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

I sense he's going to have another fit over joe rogan soon

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

We asked Donald Trump about issues that matter to local Nevadans

KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
15 Sept 2024

In a local exclusive interview following his campaign rally in Las Vegas, Channel 13 met with Donald Trump to ask him questions on an issue that matters the most to locals in Southern Nevada.

ETA to add:
We asked Donald Trump questions on the issue that matters most to locals in Southern Nevada
In a local exclusive interview, Channel 13's Steve Sebelius brought your questions to the former president about an issue that's on the minds of many Southern Nevadans.

Steve Sebelius
Posted 1:16 AM, Sep 15, 2024 and last updated 6:22 AM, Sep 15, 2024

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Former President Donald Trump was in town this weekend for events both large and small in the swing state that he knows is critical on his path to the White House.

"We win this state, we're going to win the whole thing. We win this we're going to win the whole thing," Trump said at his rally on Friday.

I met with the former president here at the Trump International Hotel to ask him about an issue that's been on the minds of locals since this campaign began...

https://www.ktnv.com/news/we-asked-dona ... ern-nevada
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

Ron DeSantis is going to get to the bottom of what really happened and already knows ahead of time what the charges should be. Kinda like Bill Barr "knew" it was members of Black Lives Matter before the actual investigation resulted in members of Boogaloo Bois, Proud Boys, and other right wing white supremacist groups being arrested.

"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Foggy
Dick Tater

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

He can't help himself. The spirit moves him. :shrug:
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Mr brolin »

My God he just opens his trap and shit flows out of it.......

When trump babbles on about no taxes on overtime and no taxes on tips I can already see every hedge hund manager in the US will be going...

"Right, put me on a zero hours contract with all hours worked designated as overtime at THIS rate"

"Right pay me minimum wage for 40 hours per week then say in my contract that I have to be contactable at all times out of hours and all these hours on standby are overtime at 1 Gaziillion dollars per hour"

"OK, redesignate my bonuses as a gratuity"

I mean.....what could possibly go wrong.....
Foggy
Dick Tater

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

If only that was the worst danger we're facing. :cantlook:
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Yeah. Our income is primarily "bonuses" - something like 85%.

dolt45 doesn't understand tariffs AT ALL. He thinks it's just a giant pile of money we collect from other countries and put into our coffers - to make up for reduced revenue for "no tax on overtime or tips or social security." And also to pay national debt.

In that interview, he talked about how much he "got" from China when he hit them with high tarriffs. I seem to recall dairy farmers dumping milk they couldn't ship or sell. I seem to remember a big bump in farm bankruptcies.

It's a wonder that no other president ever thought of tariffs as an easy way to raise money! Heez a jeenyus!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:46 pm I sense he's going to have another fit over joe rogan soon

https: //twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1836055431145533542
Fuck Joe Rogan.
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:48 pm
We asked Donald Trump about issues that matter to local Nevadans

KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
15 Sept 2024
I got a couple minutes in and had to stop. Trump thinks high interest rates prevents home buying. We bought our place in 88 with a 11% loan from Washington Mutual. I had no intent on letting that ride to the end. I paid as much as we could towards the principal, and had it paid in under five years. If he's concerned about interest rates, he should look at the credit card companies, and ask them why they are punishing borrowers so.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

When Trump was president, he and the Republicans limited the state tax deduction to $10K. That primarily hit the Blue states which had higher state taxes. Now, in a bid to get votes in New York, Trump is declaring that he'll get that limit eliminated.

Good grief.

He's doing his very best to buy votes.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Yeah, Trump has also thrown out there that he will magically reduce the price of gasoline and auto insurance.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!

Return to “US President”