💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Post by northland10 »

I guess the right-wing and Trump would like to hand the Presidency and Congress in the election.

I realize a threatened shutdown, along with stamping the widdle feets, is the only way for a minority in the house and their party (i.e. the Freedumb folks) to try and get their way, but they don't seem to understand that the GOP always gets blamed for shutdowns and one month before an election is not a good time for that.

Here's a thought. You want your way, get a majority.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Legally.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just saw mention on air, House Judiciary has a X whatever it's called up with an AI generated image of tfg hugging a bird and a kitten. I assume it's got to do with the latest rumor of migrants eating pets in Ohio. Anyone with an X account, if you could find it and post linky here :prettyplease:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

There's been a lot of similar weirdness in addition to Judiciary. Please enjoy.
GXC7VcAWMAA0JsR.jpeg
GXC7VcAWMAA0JsR.jpeg (178.35 KiB) Viewed 761 times
GXFMJ-xXoAA87hd.jpeg
GXFMJ-xXoAA87hd.jpeg (146.11 KiB) Viewed 761 times
GXC-FlHWoAAlRnO.jpeg
GXC-FlHWoAAlRnO.jpeg (149.24 KiB) Viewed 761 times
GXFjhv0WwAA4iQ-.png
GXFjhv0WwAA4iQ-.png (388.58 KiB) Viewed 761 times
GXHnm5NaMAASPGV.jpeg
GXHnm5NaMAASPGV.jpeg (247.08 KiB) Viewed 761 times
Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks Estiveo :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

You're welcome. Also, for completeness, here's a special bonus asshole appearance:
GXHzTl6W4AAtqFE.jpeg
GXHzTl6W4AAtqFE.jpeg (164.78 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ummm. Ducks are bred to be eaten. Ummm.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Has the orange shit gibbon ever had a pet? The only animal I have ever seen him around was a toy stuffed lion that was in a family picture with a young Barron.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

qbawl wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:07 pm Has the orange shit gibbon ever had a pet? The only animal I have ever seen him around was a toy stuffed lion that was in a family picture with a young Barron.
At one of his ““rallies,” he asked MAGA if they could even picture him with a dog. Why MAGA thinks it’s cool he would never have a dog escapes me.

He’s also a germaphobe.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

WTF. Assuming not all these “memes” are meant as jokes, it really is way beyond the point for medical intervention. Will people be put off voting for tfg et al? I doubt it. There’s still eight weeks until election day; it’s staggering to think things will only get even more ridiculous (weird).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I think Musk has just begun to interfere with the election. He's a desperate whacko bird now. With a lot of money. We'll see.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

The post I saw with shithead hugging kitten and duck had a duck with 3 feet. Very realistic.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

There's a roaming feral cat in my neighborhood. I've seen no Haitians in my neighborhood. This is trumpian proof that Haitians eat cats.
Largo al factotum.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

zekeb wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:28 pm There's a roaming feral cat in my neighborhood. I've seen no Haitians in my neighborhood. This is trumpian proof that Haitians eat cats.
Feral cats? No Haitians? Are the cats eating Haitians?
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:12 pm
zekeb wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:28 pm There's a roaming feral cat in my neighborhood. I've seen no Haitians in my neighborhood. This is trumpian proof that Haitians eat cats.
Feral cats? No Haitians? Are the cats eating Haitians?
You haven't put your Taitz hat on lately, have you? :lol:
Largo al factotum.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

qbawl wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:07 pm Has the orange shit gibbon ever had a pet? The only animal I have ever seen him around was a toy stuffed lion that was in a family picture with a young Barron.
He never had a pet, but someone once brought a bald eagle into his office. It tried to bite him as I recall.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I remember that one photo OP with that army dog.

Pence was comfortable and petted the dog.

Trump was not. He looked terrified.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

The fact that I've seen no Fire Giants is also proof that FJT is secretly Odin.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Not at all. He specified "pets" so a roaming feral cat isn't in much danger of being eaten.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RVInit wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:19 pm
He never had a pet, but someone once brought a bald eagle into his office. It tried to bite him as I recall.
That was in 2015. Most people just saw the eagle lunge at him when he was sitting at a table. This was the full shoot which was edited in a "Jokey" way to make him seem less pathetic.

He was just as pathetic back them as he is today. And you can clearly see how he always wore suits too big for him to "prove" he is taller than he actually is.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Johnson pulls stopgap funding plan over widespread GOP opposition

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4874 ... pposition/
House GOP leadership scrapped plans for a Wednesday vote on the party’s stopgap funding plan, as its chances of passage sank in recent days amid opposition from defense hawks, hardline conservatives and moderates.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) had vowed all week to press forward with a vote on his funding plan — which pairs a six-month continuing resolution (CR) with a Trump-backed bill to require proof of citizenship to vote — even as it became clear he did not have the votes to pass it.

But just hours before a planned vote on the measure, leaders pulled it from the floor.

“The whip is going to do the hard work and build consensus. We’re going to work through the weekend on that,” Johnson told reporters.

Johnson later clarified: “No vote today, because we’re in the consensus building business here in Congress with small majorities.”

The decision to pull the vote on the CR and Safeguard American Voter Eligibility (SAVE) Act bill marks a one-eighty for Johnson, who just 24 hours earlier promised to bring the legislation to the floor despite the mounting opposition.

Asked about the implications of the legislation failing on the floor, Johnson told The Hill Tuesday morning: “Sometimes you have to do the right thing and let the chips fall where they may.”

The move by Johnson catapults House GOP leadership back to square one, as they try to craft a conservative stopgap that could pass the House and, in turn, increase their leverage in negotiations with Senate Democrats.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Current Politics”