INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:56 pm I'm afraid I'm lacking in my knowledge of Churchill and Britain's immediate post-war history to explain Winston's political demise,
Churchill became Prime Minister again in the1950s when his party won an election.

But the reasons for his party's loss in 1945 was simple: he wanted the UK to return to "business as usual", the status quo ante bellum. Something like "thank you people for fighting and dying, now p*** off". Whereas the opposition offered a message of hope and social reform,including the establishment of the National Health Service. Many ordinary men and women who had taken on new responsibilities and had their horizons and social networks expanded by the wartime mobilizations and rejigging of the domestic economy were not interested in again being the mud under the toffs' boots.

Churchill also had bad form for earlier nasty anti-worker views and imperialism which didn't sit well with many voters.

I guess some might outside see Churchill's ejection as a question of "why didn't the Brits reward a great wartime leader?" but I suspect the view in the UK might have been more "we went through all of that and you want us to get nothing positive from it?"
but there are instances of people with much better international reputations than at home, Margaret Thatcher and Lech Walesa for example.
Indeed, Thatcher's government was unpopular domestically around 1980 as its reckless and uncaring financial mismanagement using monetarist economic theory as an intellectual crutch led to very high unemployment. General Galtieri of Argentina saved Thatcher by his misjudged invasion of the Falkland Islands / Las Malvinas.

The sturdy response, despite exposing the UK armed forces impoverished state, overrode the unpopularity and the Conservatives recovered.
As for Brexit it was indeed an utterly crazy step backwards, but the damage being done because of it is only a internal financial one, which can be rectified starting when the Tories are kicked out of office next year, which is guaranteed.
No, no, no. The damage is multifaceted.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Grumpy Git »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:17 am
Off Topic
No, no, no. The damage is multifaceted.
Off Topic
Agreed. poor choice of word, I should have used 'mainly'. However, unlike the situation in the US, there is no push here towards the desire for an autocracy on the scale of the MAGA grip on the GOP. That is much scarier than Brexit by comparison.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I started this threadjack, and you are all smarter now if'n you read it. :mrgreen:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 am I started this threadjack, and you are all smarter now if'n you read it. :mrgreen:
Not just this thread, I feel smarter because of a lot of Fogbow content! :clap:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and we always have someone who either has experience or other expertise in almost any subject, and people all over the world. I'm lucky just to be a part of the best community on the planet. :towel:
You are what you eat.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:25 pm They are in a cult; they aren't individual thinkers.
:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sam the Centipede

:faint: :clap: Ah, Teh Fogboe, teh best mutual admiration society! :biggrin:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Are you suggesting that my dislocated shoulders are really from patting myself on the back? :lol:
You are what you eat.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Grumpy Git wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:09 am
Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 am I started this threadjack, and you are all smarter now if'n you read it. :mrgreen:
Not just this thread, I feel smarter because of a lot of Fogbow content! :clap:
Hubs, who was totally apolitical pre-trump, now brings up news stories I hadn't yet heard of. Then he asks me to let him know, "What do your friends on-line think of (insert current event topic here). He knows a lot of it goes over my head and I lean on FB analyses a lot!

And, trust me, that's big. This guy lived for nothing but hot rods and motorcycles for decades.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I am calling upon my supporter to demand more information regarding this historical hysterical prosecution.

Specifically, the timing, OK? Tick fuggin' tock, mofo. Yeah, Donnie Rico, I'm looking at you, punk.

I have been reliably informed by reliable informants at the very highest level (they were very high) that on Monday, the 21st of August, Trump is going to hold a presser in his cheap-ass golf resort in New Jersey, and he's going to release a report that will totally exonerate him instantly be a sizable load of utter horseshit.

But the point is, after he releases the new report, he's going to scream to the rafters if all the cases against him aren't dismissed by Friday.

Why Friday?

Because Phoney Fani gave the 19 racketeers until Friday to surrender to the court in Atlanta.

So he'd like it to go away by then.

Which it won't.

I think he honestly believes that he won't have to surrender, because the case will be gone by then.

He seems to have a total break from reality.

:smoking:
You are what you eat.
bob

Post by bob »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:27 pm Meadows is a federal official? Who knew? I mean, yes of course, he was once a fed official, but he isn't anymore.
Meadows worked for the federal government when the criming occurred. That's a sufficient basis for federal removal.

Unlike New York, where the crimes pre-dated his presidency.

I still expect Meadows to lose this fight (at least in the district court).
Image ImageImage
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:33 am
Greatgrey wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:27 pm Meadows is a federal official? Who knew? I mean, yes of course, he was once a fed official, but he isn't anymore.
Meadows worked for the federal government when the criming occurred. That's a sufficient basis for federal removal.

I’ll ask again, doesn’t removal require all the defendants to request it?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
bob

Post by bob »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:07 pm I’ll ask again, doesn’t removal require all the defendants to request it?
I don't think removal requires every defendant to be on board.

Regardless, now that it has been removed, the prosecutor and any interested defendant may seek remand in the federal court or severance in the state court.
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:07 pm
bob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:33 am

I’ll ask again, doesn’t removal require all the defendants to request it?
That only applies in civil cases, I think.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:20 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:07 pm I’ll ask again, doesn’t removal require all the defendants to request it?
I don't think removal requires every defendant to be on board.

Regardless, now that it has been removed, the prosecutor and any interested defendant may seek remand in the federal court or severance in the state court.
Has it already?

Can a case sever into two trials if some parties successfully remove to federal court and some do not?

Also, how does a state specific law get adjudicated in federal court?
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:46 pm Has it already?
Removal is automatic once the notice of removal is filed. The next step would be for interested parties to seek remand back to the state court.

Nb.: Unlike a civil case, remand in a criminal case doesn't halt the state proceedings (other than the imposition of a judgment).

And, yes, bad-faith removals can cause mischief. Rule 11 and all that.
Can a case sever into two trials if some parties successfully remove to federal court and some do not?
I'm going to go with possible but not probable. Even in state courts, cases are sometimes severed, especially when the defendants have antagonistic defenses.
At least for substantive issues, essentially the usual way: a federal judge will apply binding state law.

But the concern is federal judges aren't experts in state law, and are more likely to make a mistake.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1fj5TH
Truth Social predictably flew into a rage over the latest indictment of Donald Trump — this time in Georgia, where he and 18 others were hit with a slew of charges over attempts to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state.

The former president’s followers were quick to comfort him, push conspiracies and call for retaliation after a Fulton County grand jury indicted him Monday on 13 counts including racketeering, filing false documents and attempting to coerce public officers to violate their oaths.

Many of the users launched direct attacks on the grand jurors - going so far as to share their names and details about their purported social media profiles.

“Someone needs to look into all of these grand jurors. I can guarantee that everyone of them has a BIG FAT D by their name!” user @LeviSnodgrass88 wrote with a photo of the jurors’ names.
Sam the Centipede

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:31 pm
Truth Social predictably flew into a rage over the latest indictment of Donald Trump — this time in Georgia,
Doesn't that phrase just give you a tingly flutter ?! Mmmmm…
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:48 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:31 pm
Truth Social predictably flew into a rage over the latest indictment of Donald Trump — this time in Georgia,
Doesn't that phrase just give you a tingly flutter ?! Mmmmm…
Moar!
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:57 pm
somerset wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:46 pm

At least for substantive issues, essentially the usual way: a federal judge will apply binding state law.

But the concern is federal judges aren't experts in state law, and are more likely to make a mistake.
As always, thanks bob!!
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

It took Scott Adams 2 1/2 years to come up with this bullshit story.

There’s not a lawyer in the world who could make that phone call into anything other than an attempt to coerce Brad Raffensperger to hand him the election.

https://x.com/scottadamssays/status/169 ... QzqE8-YWxQ
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Didn't see this posted yet. A judge has been assigned in the case:

Who is Scott McAfee, the judge assigned to oversee Trump case in Georgia?

He looks like a pretty good draw.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”