Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Russia

Post by Volkonski »

Robert J. DeNault
@robertjdenault
·
22s
US Sanctions against VEB and Russia’s military bank, and a Western blockade of any financial activity related to Russia’s sovereign debt. Fairly severe.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jim Roberts
@nycjim
·
2m
Replying to
@nycjim
Biden says more US forces (already stationed in Europe) will be used to strengthen aid the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:14 pm It's been very depressing listening to right wing coverage about this. I heard Tucker on it last night, and local conservative coverage on the radio this am. They basically say Ukraine is tyrannical and at least as corrupt as Russia, and that Ukraine isn't treating the Russian speaking citizens properly and deserve this. Arg. Anyway, here is Candace Owens touting the Putin line.
https:// twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1496124028968394765
Candace Owens @RealCandaceO wrote: I suggest every American who wants to know what’s *actually* going on in Russia and Ukraine, read this transcript of Putin’s address. As I’ve said for month— NATO (under direction from the United States) is violating previous agreements and expanding eastward. WE are at fault.
:roll:
I can't think of anyone I would listen to LESS to know what's *actually* going on than Putin.
This nutcase does not know what she is speaking of. When was it that the NATO included a fresh member among itself?
WE are at fault.
Who is WE? :brickwallsmall: Nations are free to make coalitions even when third nations do not like it.

ps.
The most recent member states to be added to NATO are Montenegro on 5 June 2017 and North Macedonia on 27 March 2020. As of 2021, NATO officially recognizes three aspiring members: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, and Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlargement_of_NATO
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Did NATO make an agreement not to expand eastward? I've heard both that we did and that we didn't and couldn't find any that was really clear when I tried searching for info. It doesn't sound like something that we would have agreed to, but international relations aren't my strong suit.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

No, but…

“Russia’s belief in Nato ‘betrayal’ – and why it matters today”:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ters-today
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:00 pm No, but…

“Russia’s belief in Nato ‘betrayal’ – and why it matters today”:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... ters-today
Thanks, that was quite informative.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thanks, James Baker.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bring in the clowns.

Jon Stewart @jonstewart wrote: The Trump/Fox axis isn't soft pedaling Putin's actions...they agree with them. They are political allies. They believe in the same things. To them, the American Left and most of Europe are the Evil Empire.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Wow, I am living in a dramatically unfolding period of history AGAIN.

I've seen the Vietnam War, the civil rights movement, the women's rights movement, the collapse of the Soviet Union and all but three communist countries, the rise of the computer, the election of the first black president and the subsequent election of the worst president in history, the rise of Space Force (OK not really :lol:), but I haven't seen us go to war against Russia yet.

So this will be interesting! :eek: :o :yikes:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
raison de arizona

Disgraceful. At best.
Emerson T. Brooking @etbrooking wrote: Hard to overstate what a propaganda coup this is for Russia. On the eve of a barbaric invasion, they have captured the sympathy of half of the Republican base!
Ragıp Soylu @ragipsoylu wrote: Russian state broadcaster RT just published Tucker Carlson’s rant to defend Putin with Russian subtitles
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Alexander S. Vindman @AVindman wrote: Feb 24, 2022
Pushkin Square, maybe less than 1000 meters from Red Square and the Kremlin, is the cite of a significant protest. These people know the risks of challenging the regime. They’re on the street in-spite of major personal costs.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

BIDEN: "We will freeze Russian assets!"

TRUMP: "It's getting cold in here."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

:thumbsup:
Pete Muntean @petemuntean wrote: The UK is BANNING Russian aircraft from its airspace.

Russian airline Aeroflot currently operates flights between Moscow and London.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Hrm.

So I am reading rumors that Ukraine is trying to make the argument that the Russian Federation is not the legitimate successor to Soviet Russia, and thus should not in fact get it's security council seat and its veto.

I can not imagine this going anywhere unless the rest of the US gets REALLY pissed off, but if they want a thin pretext to get rid of that veto, it could provide it. Given how much Russia is trying to rebuild its image as a world power that must be respected, I imagine this loss of face would be rather epic.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:05 pm Wow, I am living in a dramatically unfolding period of history AGAIN.

I've seen the Vietnam War, the civil rights movement, the women's rights movement, the collapse of the Soviet Union and all but three communist countries, the rise of the computer, the election of the first black president and the subsequent election of the worst president in history, the rise of Space Force (OK not really :lol:), but I haven't seen us go to war against Russia yet.

So this will be interesting! :eek: :o :yikes:
You forgot to add in that you're also getting to witness the fall of the American Empire....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:03 pm
Gabbard is a real piece of work.

I see that her ultra right wing cult upbringing is finally out in the open.
raison de arizona

RT (Russian media propaganda outlet) is down, reportedly by hackers.
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 5.36.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 5.36.40 PM.png (61.19 KiB) Viewed 797 times
ETA: Anonymous is claiming credit.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Chinese curse:May you live in interesting times.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... /100861160

Hacker collective Anonymous has disabled several Russian government websites including the state-controlled "Russia Today" news service.

Key points:
RT has been described as a major propaganda outlet for the Russian government
The DDoS attack flooded the news website with malicious traffic, blocking access for at least several hours
It is the first attack in an expected wave of "cyber activism" against the Russian government
Hackers identifying with the Anonymous collective announced they had launched cyber operations that briefly took down RT.com, as well as the websites of the Kremlin, the Russian government and the Russian defence ministry websites.

RT.com confirmed the attack took place, saying it slowed some websites down while taking others offline for "extended periods of time".

RT's coverage of the situation in Ukraine has been overwhelmingly from a pro-Russian perspective, showing fireworks and cheerful celebrations in the newly occupied territories.

In the UK, MPs have said the TV channel is Russian President Vladimir Putin's "personal propaganda tool" and should be banned.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I am not a big fan of hackers but at the present moment when it comes to Russia I say hack them into the stone age (paleolithic)!
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It is hard to threaten to nuke a hacker when they may well be in Russia...
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I'm curious to see how many of our domestic propagandists suddenly start squealing for cash as these banks are getting banned.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”