Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

Over Under for the end of "Our long national nightmare"

Out before the New Hampshire Primary
2
7%
Doesn't run in 2020
5
17%
Dumped at Convention in 2020
1
3%
Runs, re-nominated, loses to a Democratic fencepost or other more qualified candidate
19
63%
FOUR MORE YEARS! Trumpland Uber Alles
3
10%
Bonus option, Pence stabs him in the back and denies to pardon anyone
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#826

Post by Gregg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm
I’m hoping he has a debilitating stroke in the next two years.
(*Wayne and Garth do the twiddida~Twidida`Twidida~~~)

You mean one that leaves him drooling in a wheelchair, with a colostomy bag, requiring 24 hour care. He has to rely on a spiteful Haitian refugee for a caregiver because no one who knows him will do it. He never gets any visitors, when Don Jr. does come by its just for the camera's. The son reduces to working at a Hotel front deask doesn't even come up to the room and refuses to let them roll his smelly ass down to where he sits a respectful amount of time, diddling away on his phone about how he's still working on restoring the family reputation.

He sits alone, mute, his fingers too paralyzed for twitter, in a chair with a bag of his own shit leaking just a little in his lap, spittle stains all over his shirt and the only joy he experiences is every other Tuesday when the home serves chocolate cake for desert. He can't have two pieces but if he's been good he might get a little cup of low sugar vanilla ice cream with it. He can't really communicate, can't talk but he makes animal like calls when he's in pain. Carmella, his assigned custodian, smiles just a little bit when she hears that quiet, pathetic moan because his pain is one of her great joys. The doctors say he's still happy and upbeat, but again, that's for the press. She knows his torment, and she knows that God is watching.

People usually shorten her name to "Carma", and Carma can be a bitch.

:bwaha:
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#827

Post by ZekeB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Nah. I’d like to see something that is debilitating enough to slow him way down, but not 25th Ammendment him out of office. After being soundly defeated in the 2020 election, I want him to see what a big failure as both a president and as a person he lived his life as.

Incurable disease that gives him The Trots would be a nice way to spend his final two years in office.

Add: Have they checked his brain for spirochetes? That might explain things.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#828

Post by Gregg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 pm
Nah. I’d like to see something that is debilitating enough to slow him way down, but not 25th Ammendment him out of office. After being soundly defeated in the 2020 election, I want him to see what a big failure as both a president and as a person he lived his life as.

Incurable disease that gives him The Trots would be a nice way to spend his final two years in office.

Add: Have they checked his brain for spirochetes? That might explain things.

I was writing about his post presidency, whenever that is. As for the other stuff, I thought the second thing applied already.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#829

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 am

Gregg, that was hilarious! So detailed and well thought out, excellent, easy basis for a screenplay. Next step is making it into The King of Comedy :lol: Who kidnaps Donald? :towel:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085794/
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

User avatar
Fortinbras
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:08 am

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#830

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 am

Nixon, at least, when evidence surfaced that he had done something illegal and had lied about it, knew it was proper time to resign.

Trump passed that point months ago and still clings to office.

User avatar
Lani
Posts: 4787
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Some island in the Pacific

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#831

Post by Lani » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:23 am

Nixon resigned when he knew he'd lost the Senate.
... Goldwater told the president that he had, at most, only 15 votes in his favor in the Senate, far fewer than the 34 needed to avoid removal from office.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#832

Post by Gregg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 am
Gregg, that was hilarious! So detailed and well thought out, excellent, easy basis for a screenplay. Next step is making it into The King of Comedy :lol: Who kidnaps Donald? :towel:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085794/

The "Carma" bit is done in honor of a real life friend of mine whose name is Carmella but everyone calls Carma. She's tried to be pissed at me but couldn't stop laughing. I feel good about it.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 9078
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#833

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:35 am

Gregg wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 am
Gregg, that was hilarious! So detailed and well thought out, excellent, easy basis for a screenplay. Next step is making it into The King of Comedy :lol: Who kidnaps Donald? :towel:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085794/

The "Carma" bit is done in honor of a real life friend of mine whose name is Carmella but everyone calls Carma. She's tried to be pissed at me but couldn't stop laughing. I feel good about it.
"Carma" was le piece de resistance. :bighug:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

User avatar
HilltownGrrl
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: WMass
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#834

Post by HilltownGrrl » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:29 am

I love Gregg's post-WH life vision for Individual-1. I've been daydreaming along those lines for a while now.

As for the poll - I went with Runs, re-nominated, loses to a Democratic fencepost or other more qualified candidate, though I thought seriously about the getting dumped at the convention & winnng another term options. I *want* him out now but I don't see it happening.

Unless he strokes out or is indicted, I don't see anyway he doesn't run again, for two reasons. One, he loves being important & flying around on our money making speeches. This feeds him & he needs it like the rest of us need air. Two, he's heard all the "you can't indict a sitting president" talk & there is no way he will voluntarily give up that immunity.

I hope the out by (before? :pray: ) summer 2019 voters are correct but I'm not that optimistic. In a normal crooked presidency, you'd be right - but as we all know, there's nothing normal about I-1.

ETA - & I wouldn't be surprised if he ran even if he was indicted. "Fake news" "Deep State against me" & all that crap.
Image

User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 8125
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#835

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:20 pm

At this point being indicted would probably help him win. His voters are completely batshit crazy. I used to say Republican politicians were corrupt. At this point, a very large portion of Republican voters have become completely corrupted. I can't wait to laugh in their faces when they whine about the next Democratic president.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#836

Post by ZekeB » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 pm

RVInit wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:20 pm
At this point being indicted would probably help him win. His voters are completely batshit crazy. I used to say Republican politicians were corrupt. At this point, a very large portion of Republican voters have become completely corrupted. I can't wait to laugh in their faces when they whine about the next Democratic president.
I remember Jimmy Carter: "I've lusted after women." Small potatoes, Jimmy. Compared to these Republicans you wouldn't leave a speck of dust on a newly-waxed car. And remember: Republicans are Dog's Chosen Party.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 22691
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#837

Post by Volkonski » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:21 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

jemcanada
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#838

Post by jemcanada » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Gregg wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm
I’m hoping he has a debilitating stroke in the next two years.
(*Wayne and Garth do the twiddida~Twidida`Twidida~~~)

You mean one that leaves him drooling in a wheelchair, with a colostomy bag, requiring 24 hour care. He has to rely on a spiteful Haitian refugee for a caregiver because no one who knows him will do it. He never gets any visitors, when Don Jr. does come by its just for the camera's. The son reduces to working at a Hotel front deask doesn't even come up to the room and refuses to let them roll his smelly ass down to where he sits a respectful amount of time, diddling away on his phone about how he's still working on restoring the family reputation.

:snippity:
I love all of it, but in my dream all his older offspring are in prison and can’t visit. :pray: :pray:

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#839

Post by ZekeB » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:13 pm

jemcanada wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm
I love all of it, but in my dream all his older offspring are in prison and can’t visit. :pray: :pray:
No conjugal visits, for sure. The spawn has already gone three generations too far.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 8125
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#840

Post by RVInit » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:32 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:13 pm
jemcanada wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm
I love all of it, but in my dream all his older offspring are in prison and can’t visit. :pray: :pray:
No conjugal visits, for sure. The spawn has already gone three generations too far.
Yes.
Off Topic
Gawd. Someone please get Miller off CNN. He's giving me a headache.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#841

Post by Gregg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:17 pm

jemcanada wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm
Gregg wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 pm
I’m hoping he has a debilitating stroke in the next two years.
(*Wayne and Garth do the twiddida~Twidida`Twidida~~~)

You mean one that leaves him drooling in a wheelchair, with a colostomy bag, requiring 24 hour care. He has to rely on a spiteful Haitian refugee for a caregiver because no one who knows him will do it. He never gets any visitors, when Don Jr. does come by its just for the camera's. The son reduced to working at a Hotel front desk doesn't even come up to the room and refuses to let them roll his smelly ass down to where he sits a respectful amount of time, diddling away on his phone about how he's still working on restoring the family reputation.

:snippity:
I love all of it, but in my dream all his older offspring are in prison and can’t visit. :pray: :pray:
Okay, the secret backstory not on the TV show but hinted at in the graphic novel is that Diaper Don is the only one that visits because he was indicted/tried/convicted/sentenced first (plus he got time for flipping on Eric) and the others are still in prison. Ivanka has lucrative offers in the Adult Entertainment industry in Russia when she gets out, turns out they have a big appetite for post operative transsexual escorts in St. Petersburg.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 33899
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#842

Post by Addie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:01 pm

WaPo
‘A tailspin’: Under siege, Trump propels the government and markets into crisis

President Trump began Thursday under siege, listening to howls of indignation from conservatives over his border wall and thrusting the government toward a shutdown. He ended it by announcing the exit of the man U.S. allies see as the last guardrail against the president’s erratic behavior: Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, whose resignation letter was a scathing rebuke of Trump’s worldview.

At perhaps the most fragile moment of his presidency — and vulnerable to convulsions on the political right — Trump single-handedly propelled the U.S. government into crisis and sent markets tumbling with his gambits this week to salvage signature campaign promises.

The president’s decisions and conduct have led to a fracturing of Trump’s coalition. Hawks condemned his sudden decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria. Conservatives called him a “gutless president” and questioned whether he would ever build a wall. Political friends began privately questioning whether Trump needed to be reined in. ...

Trump has been isolated in bunker mode in recent weeks as political and personal crises mount, according to interviews with 27 current and former White House officials, Republican lawmakers and outside advisers to the president, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer candid assessments.

“There’s going to be an intervention,” one former senior administration official said speculatively. “Jim Mattis just sent a shot across the bow. He’s the most credible member of the administration by five grades of magnitude. He’s the steady, safe set of hands. And this letter is brutal. He quit because of the madness.”

User avatar
AndyinPA
Posts: 3118
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#843

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:50 pm

And just who is going to do this intervention? :brickwallsmall:

User avatar
HST's Ghost
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#844

Post by HST's Ghost » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 pm

"Bunker mode...the Madness..." Someone resurrect Marlon Brando's dead body to play Drumpf in Apocalypse-al-Lago...If he doesn't completely loose it by New Years, I'll be a bit surprised...Certainly Bolton and Pompeo aren't backing all these rapid troop withdrawals. Especially with no announcement of a long-term vision or serious statement on what is the US government's actual perspective on ISIS. It would be foolish to expect the President to be questioned by the press about, for example, ceding a military base and pipeline route to Russia in Syria. Whither the Kurds? Deal with Turkey to shut up about the Khashoggi murder? But thus is the distraction shitshow, and next week it will be something else...hopefully it will be the Friday indictments...
Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 13978
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#845

Post by Kendra » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 am


DOW - trashed
Cabinet - empty
North Korea - keeping nukes
Russia - loses sanctions, gains operational control of Syria
Government - closed
Allies - abandoned

We tired of winning yet?

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 33899
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#846

Post by Addie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:56 am

WaPo - David Leonhardt
Trump Is Losing His Friends

Mattis quits on principle, and congressional Republicans grow more willing to criticize the president. ...


Mattis’s resignation led to a rare rebuke from Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader: “I am particularly distressed that he is resigning due to sharp differences with the president on these and other key aspects of America’s global leadership.”

Such criticism is becoming more common from congressional Republicans. Over the past few weeks, they have bucked him on Yemen and Saudi Arabia. This week, they have harshly criticized Trump’s Syria policy and ignored his pleas for border-wall funding.

This level of defiance from members of a president’s own party isn’t normal. “President Trump continues to be a very weak president,” Matt Glassman of Georgetown’s Government Affairs Institute wrote to me yesterday. “All presidents, of course, are powerful in the absolute sense. But we differentiate them by their ability to influence public policy outcomes.”

Trump is struggling to do so, Glassman said, because members of Congress have made a habit of “ignoring his legislative agenda when it differs from theirs and speaking out vocally against his executive actions.” Their criticism influences public opinion and also signals to people within the White House and Cabinet agencies that “it is safe to ignore or push back against the president’s initiatives,” as Glassman put it. In response, Trump has been stymied on a range of issues, including NATO, North Korea, Russia, the border wall, health care and Robert Mueller’s investigation.

I still don’t think congressional Republicans have been nearly courageous enough, given Trump’s behavior. And the crucial moment for the Mueller investigation may come soon, requiring more congressional backbone than we’ve seen so far. But Glassman makes an important point: No other recent president has had as many struggles with Congress, or as much resistance from inside his own administration.
Adding:
Associated Press: Analysis: As advisers leave, Trump’s guardrails come off
Axios: What should worry Trump most: Republican allies are turning on him

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 33899
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#847

Post by Addie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:11 pm

WaPo - Jennifer Rubin
Republicans are responsible for the Trump fiasco

Let’s put aside for the moment the question of whether President Trump committed crimes in obtaining the presidency (conspiracy to violate campaign finance laws by hush-money payments or receipt of assistance from a foreign power) or since his election (in obstructing justice, witness-tampering, etc.). Let’s for now not dwell on the closure of his foundation, which the New York state attorney general found to have engaged in a “shocking pattern of illegality.” Let’s not argue whether attacks on the courts, the First Amendment, the FBI and the Justice Department violate his duty to “take care” that the laws are faithfully executed, nor on whether his receipt of foreign emoluments, ongoing conflicts of interest and hiring of a series of ethical miscreants have debased his office.

At present let’s address “just” the obvious, frightening reality that this president is incapable of performing the basic functions of the office (e.g., keeping the government open), attending to our national security (e.g., not handing geopolitical gifts to our enemies) or truthfully relating intelligence (e.g., not lying about Jamal Khashoggi’s killers). He no longer has the advice of any respected, competent senior adviser nor the trust of members of his own party, who profess (suddenly!) to be worried about the conduct of foreign policy.

We have gotten to this sorry stage of events because Republican lawmakers shielded him from scrutiny and indulged his lies, racist rhetoric and attacks on democratic norms. To make matters worse, Republican senators refused to reject unqualified or extreme nominees.

You’d think at some point they might feel just a twinge of regret, a tiny speck of guilt over having created and sustained a political monster who has thrown the country into chaos.

And yet …
Adding:
New York Mag - Frank Rich: GOP Leaders Won’t Tolerate Trump’s Chaos for Much Longer

User avatar
neeneko
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#848

Post by neeneko » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:11 pm
WaPo - Jennifer Rubin
Republicans are responsible for the Trump fiasco
You’d think at some point they might feel just a twinge of regret, a tiny speck of guilt over having created and sustained a political monster who has thrown the country into chaos.

And yet …
Yeah.. it would only take a handful of republicans in the senate and house to override trump on pretty much anything, but they keep siding with him.

User avatar
much ado
Posts: 1780
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 am
Location: The Left Coast

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#849

Post by much ado » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 pm

neeneko wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm
Addie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:11 pm
WaPo - Jennifer Rubin
Republicans are responsible for the Trump fiasco
You’d think at some point they might feel just a twinge of regret, a tiny speck of guilt over having created and sustained a political monster who has thrown the country into chaos.

And yet …
Yeah.. it would only take a handful of republicans in the senate and house to override trump on pretty much anything, but they keep siding with him.
Just give it time. Trump will only get worse. When the tide turns, it will turn with vengeance. Republicans will follow Trump until it is no longer possible to follow him. I think that time will come before his first term ends.

User avatar
AndyinPA
Posts: 3118
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Re: Death Throes of the Trump Presidency

#850

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 pm

They're not looking out after him. They are looking out for themselves, whether it's compromat or terror of the base.

Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”