RTH10260

Re: The Fractally Clueless White House

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:33 am

Dolly wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 pm
Trump floated nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting US: report

:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -us-report
I wonder what yield a nuke would be required to make some impression on a hurricane. A hurricane is just the visible part of a yuuge weather system. Nuking it at the side will hardly make it change its path. Nuke it at the center and one likely gets the opposite - the mushrooming hot air pulls even more warm sea water up into the circling masses. Extend the hurricane scale to 6 - a trumpian desaster. :blackeye:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:05 pm

It's disasters all the way down.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Gregg wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:46 am
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 am
Gregg wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 am

Clean Nukes, made with Clean Coal
:thumbs: Now that'z brainz!!
:rotflmao:
Another development of Brute Force Cybernetics!
Not to mention Jelly Pudding.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:25 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 pm
Trump needs to straw boss that operation. He'll be comfortable in the eye of the storm as he directs to bomber for a direct hit.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Well, Jelly Pudding was a stage name for Frank Wood when he was playing that damn hippie music on Sunday nights. (and I remember that) and then it blossomed into a show that 3 or 4 people I can think of hosted, but it was always on Sunday night and always "The Jelly Pudding Show".

Gosh I miss the time when we had a good radio station. WEBN wasn't even about the music, really. Oh well, guess I'll go suck down a few 40s of Bull Frog Beer and fall asleep.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I had trouble hearing what BoJo was saying. But I kept cringing as I listened to Trump.

Occupy Democrats
UK Prime Minister EMBARRASSES Trump at G7 summit
🚨 BREAKING: OMG! UK's Prime Minister Boris Johnson just embarrassed Trump at the G7 summit.

Same cringe worthy photo in this article, IMO

Trump promises 'very big trade deal' with Britain post-Brexit
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ost-brexit

Bonus:
Scaramucci: G-7 summit an 'unmitigated disaster' for Trump

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci on Monday described President Trump’s attendance at the Group of Seven (G-7) summit as an “unmitigated disaster.”

“He’s more or less been isolated by the other leaders. The French government brought in the Iranian foreign and finance ministers to discuss things without even letting the president of the United States know,” the now-vocal Trump critic said on CNN’s “New Day.”

“Again, his ‘American first’ strategy is becoming ‘America alone,’” Scaramucci concluded.
“I’ve been saying for the last two weeks that he’s melting down at the core,” Scaramucci speculated about the president’s emotional state on CNN. “A couple more weeks like this, I think it is an unmitigated situation. You’ve got to get Republican leaders to come in and say the truth at some point.”
<snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -for-trump

tweet in the article:
New Day

@NewDay
"His America-first strategy is becoming America-alone," says former White House communications director Anthony @Scaramucci about President Trump's weekend at the G7 summit, calling it an "unmitigated disaster."https://cnn.it/2HkYhSv

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Gregg wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:28 pm
Well, Jelly Pudding was a stage name for Frank Wood when he was playing that damn hippie music on Sunday nights. (and I remember that) and then it blossomed into a show that 3 or 4 people I can think of hosted, but it was always on Sunday night and always "The Jelly Pudding Show".

Gosh I miss the time when we had a good radio station. WEBN wasn't even about the music, really. Oh well, guess I'll go suck down a few 40s of Bull Frog Beer and fall asleep.
What no 'Tree Frog'? Ribbit.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Bull Frog was the more full bodied, darker, high alcohol version. Tree Frog, even though "it gets your there faster" was still like lite beer, by comparison. Both of them had that distinct taste you could only get with the sparkling, slightly glowing, waters of The Mill Creek.

:-D
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:44 am

Politico
An Oval Office mystery: Who doctored the hurricane map?

The perpetrator may have committed a crime with the suspicious Sharpie marking. ‘I don’t know,’ the president said repeatedly when confronted.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:00 am

If Pence wasn't in Ireland, he'd gladly fall on his sword for trump. We all know trump opened his desk drawer, grabbed his sharpie and went to town, much to the horror of anyone in the room. His shocked face when the reporter asked him who wielded the sharpie says everything.

It's just a matter of whether or not somebody has the cajones to leak it.
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:07 am

Anyone else especially a weather person would have had the sense to properly enlarge the cone with a matching section. Only Teh Donald would place a mushroom to the end. Did he seriously think he needed to show off his "I know everything and possibly better than anyone" by proposing a forecast of 0.01% probability that Dorian would end up in Alahambras?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:54 am

Was that Mcaleenan I saw handing Trump the doctored image? Can't wait for the next time he's due to testify in front of a committee. I'm imagining Ted Lieu asking him how that whole thing came about :popcorn:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:59 pm

The cone of probability looks positively phallic.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 pm

He needs the cone of silence.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 pm

Lots of material for a new SNL season coming soon. I'm game for swapping the old Jaws grope with the sharpies...

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 pm

The image with all the tracks from the different models was altered too. Someone messed with the balance/contrast to make the little thin lines going to Alabama darker.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Turtle wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 pm
The image with all the tracks from the different models was altered too. Someone messed with the balance/contrast to make the little thin lines going to Alabama darker.
:gotalink:

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:20 am

This is what they call an ensemble model, the lines aren't all hurricane tracks. Meant for meteorologists, not for public consumption like the cone models.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 am

Beyond that, that particular map was prepared by the South Florida Water Management District and was never supplied to Trump. https://www.sfwmd.gov/

Some sycophant in Trump's White House scrambled around and found this map and thought it would provide cover.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 am

Look on the bright side. At least all this is a change from his oft-repeated lies about the size of his inauguration crowd. :blink:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:38 am

Turtle wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:20 am
https:// mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1169375550806351872
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
This was the originally projected path of the Hurricane in its early stages. As you can see, almost all models predicted it to go through Florida also hitting Georgia and Alabama. I accept the Fake News apologies!

00:23 - 5 Sep 2019

This is what they call an ensemble model, the lines aren't all hurricane tracks. Meant for meteorologists, not for public consumption like the cone models.
I have come to believe it is better that the WH staff let him have his electronic baby rattle and prevent him from presidenting.

:twisted: Someone must have reprogrammed the Twit app to sound jingle bells every time Teh Donald successfully submits a brain fart.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Buy the official Trump marker, which is different than every other marker on the market, because this one has the special ability to drive @CNN and the rest of the fake news crazy! #KeepMarkersGreat
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

His signature looks like a lie detector graph. Hey Donald, what do those peaks mean?
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 pm

His signature looks like a lie detector graph. Hey Donald, what do those peaks mean?

Aside: I had my signature on file at the U.S. Treasury. I had the authority to sign government checks. A signature like his would never have been accepted. It's far to easy to forge.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Again, I don't know where to post...........
There is a "The homeless in U.S. society" thread but I thought this should stay in "Trump Administration"
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5655

Trump officials tour empty California FAA facility as potential site to relocate homeless: report

A California facility once used by the Federal Aviation Administration was toured by a team of Trump administration officials searching for sites to relocate the state’s homeless population, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The Post, citing three government officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity, reports the facility that was toured is located in or near Los Angeles.

One official told the paper Trump, who is expected to visit California on Tuesday and Wednesday, said there were discussions about an announcement related to the homelessness problem in the state next week. A second official told the paper that a decision is not currently scheduled for the trip.
The development comes a day after the Post reported that President Trump directed officials to crack down on homelessness in California and discussed relocating homeless people into government-backed facilities.
White House spokesman Judd Deere told The Hill in a statement that Trump "has directed his team to ...develop a range of policy options for consideration to deal with this tragedy."

Alex Comisar, a spokesperson for Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D), told The Hill in a statement the city welcomes the administration and “look forward to showing them our work to confront this humanitarian emergency.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ntial-site

Return to “Trump Administration”