Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm
Oh my.... the Mayor of Chicago

I had my reservations on how good she would be,
But she has surpassed all expectations.

RTH10260

Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by RTH10260 »

mentioned already elsewhere
Military police units “prepare to deploy” to Minneapolis.

The Defense Department ordered the Army to prepare active-duty military police units to deploy to Minneapolis as protests over the death of George Floyd engulfed the city for a fourth night on Friday, with businesses set on fire and gunshots fired near a police precinct.

Officials said that the Army on Friday issued “prepare to deploy” orders for military police units from several army bases around the country. The orders came at the behest of President Trump, the officials said, who has been seeking options from his senior national security leaders, including Defense Secretary Mark Esper, for how to deal with the chaotic protests that have ignited in dozens of cities.
:snippity:
Already, National Guard units have been activated in Minnesota and in other cities — standard for dealing with civil unrest within the country. But deploying military police units would be an escalation in the government response to the unfolding events, officials said. Military police units were used in 1992 during the riots in Los Angeles that followed the acquittal of four officers involved in the beating of Rodney King.

:snippity:
If the military police are ordered to descend on Minneapolis, the units at Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York would likely be the first to be activated, officials said. The possible activation of the units was first reported by The Associated Press.

The “prepare to deploy” move does not mean that the units will be activated, the officials said, but it is a first step toward doing so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/g ... k-579d6392

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Questions: On what grounds does impotus get to insert himself into policing matters without request by a governor? Does Defense Secretary Mark Esper get himself in trouble is he didn't accept the order in written form from the WH? Without special permissions, can Military Police get involved in issues outside of federal properties? Can they even get involved outside of Army bases to protect Federal real estate, likely in cooperation and under command of the Federal Marshal Services?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

This is the America that Putin wanted when he attacked our election to install Psychobozo.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, more police is going to help.

bob

Post by bob »

The Posse Comitatus Act has exceptions for direct use of military, among them, insurrection. (A CRS primer.)

I'm not saying the impeached president would be correct; I'm saying it would be relatively easy for his lawyers to cook up a justification.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Cross-posting, becaue my comment probably belongs here:

Trump was just on MSNBC as he left for somewhere in the helicopter. He actually said the bad things out loud again. He said "MAGA (that's Make America Great Again) loves black people." (Yeah, we know what MAGA means. idiot.) He was referring to "MAGA" as a group of people in response to reports that there were reported to be counter protests by MAGAs. So, MAGAs are not black people, but "love" black people. And, becasue of the campaign slogan, MAGAs actually want to make America great, so they can't be or do anything bad. He said it several times, as he's inclined to do in his speech patterns. He also called the protesters at the 3rd precinct "stupid."
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

SLQ wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:25 pm

Trump was just on MSNBC as he left for somewhere in the helicopter. He actually said the bad things out loud again. He said "MAGA (that's Make America Great Again) loves black people." (Yeah, we know what MAGA means. idiot.) He was referring to "MAGA" as a group of people in response to reports that there were reported to be counter protests by MAGAs. So, MAGAs are not black people, but "love" black people. And, becasue of the campaign slogan, MAGAs actually want to make America great, so they can't be or do anything bad. He said it several times, as he's inclined to do in his speech patterns. He also called the protesters at the 3rd precinct "stupid."
The Fall of the American Empire....

We went from having 2 Harvard Law graduates as President and First Lady, to now having an incompetent reality TV clown and a Russian mail order hooker....
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Pictures as BALDUS gets off the helicopter. He is apparently screaming at the Sargent at Arms for daring to try and shake his hand, while the Helicopter pilot looks on in obvious disgust.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:20 pm
The Posse Comitatus Act has exceptions for direct use of military, among them, insurrection. (A CRS primer.)

I'm not saying the impeached president would be correct; I'm saying it would be relatively easy for his lawyers to cook up a justification.

One that they could appeal to the end of his reign or Kegs and the boys down the street say its okay.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SLQ wrote:

But they DO love black people. No one, I mean NO ONE, ever picked cotton as well.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

SLQ wrote:
He also called the protesters at the 3rd precinct "stupid."
I have to correct that. I just watched the clip. He called the police who left the 3rd precinct "harrible (horrible) and stupid." I don't think that's any better. (I won't link to it because it's a Faux News clip on the Team Trump twitter thread."
-- Yoda

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 pm
I gotta call it a coincidence.....but with President Plague I wouldn't put it past him...
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Frater I*I wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 pm
I gotta call it a coincidence.....but with President Plague I wouldn't put it past him...
Vox article from Nov 2, 2016 - The KKK’s official newspaper is gushing about Donald Trump’s message

Trump came first. The KKK article came after and was talking about Trump's catch phrase.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Trump doesn't wear a mask to show how brave he is. Seems to me he would shake hands for the same reason.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Volkonski wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:43 pm
Trump doesn't wear a mask to show how brave he is. Seems to me he would shake hands for the same reason.

Was this before or after he saluted? We know he definitely saluted at some point ‘cause he blasted Obama for not doing it and would nevah evah forget to do it. :sarcasm:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Volkonski wrote:

Notice how Trump is levitating? This photo catches the seconds after he got a back-handed smack to his tiny mushroom dick & shriveled, atrophied balls.
Image Image Image Image Image

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Estiveo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 pm
Notice how Trump is levitating? This photo catches the seconds after he got a back-handed smack to his tiny mushroom dick & shriveled, atrophied balls.
He has balls?
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:14 pm
Estiveo wrote:
He has balls?
Moth balls

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Estiveo wrote:
Volkonski wrote:

A close up shows his right foot on the ground (with a reflection of his shoe showing on the wet pavement) and the toe of his left foot on the pavement, with the same reflection.
-- Yoda

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

I kept wondering when Trump was going to go too far. Every week he would come up with something more absurd and more divisive than the week before. Donald, you got what you wanted. You kept adding powder to the keg. You wanted a return to the good old America of the 1950s. You wanted the police to be just a little rougher when they arrested someone. You marginalized every minority to appease your base. The powder keg was filled and it only took one match to set it off. Here you are, Donald. You're reaping the harvest of the seeds you've sown.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

ZekeB wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:40 am
I kept wondering when Trump was going to go too far. Every week he would come up with something more absurd and more divisive than the week before. Donald, you got what you wanted. You kept adding powder to the keg. You wanted a return to the good old America of the 1950s. You wanted the police to be just a little rougher when they arrested someone. You marginalized every minority to appease your base. The powder keg was filled and it only took one match to set it off. Here you are, Donald. You're reaping the harvest of the seeds you've sown.
I wonder if the Secret Service is loving it.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

ZekeB wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:40 am
Here you are, Donald. You're reaping the harvest of the seeds you've sown.
You say this like current events are not pretty much what his supporters were hoping for, and what aligns perfectly with his needs anyway.

Return to “Trump Administration”