Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Dave at Sea

Twice Impeached Lame Duck President Trump

Post by Dave at Sea »

Once again rewarding bad behaviour

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... 89092?s=20
The Recount@therecount
Former FBI Director James Comey tells the @BBC that Biden should "consider" pardoning Trump.

"As part of healing the country ... I think Joe Biden is going to have at least think about that."
That is insane.

You know damn well if Trump had resigned, Pence would have granted a pardon, as Ford did with Nixon.
We aren't in now a President resigning and their VP stepping into the role and kissing the former-boss's boots era.

I wasn't old enough during the Nixon era to be politically aware, but here, I am.

No way, no how. Biden and his administration needs to be firm (not cruel, but firm).

Republicans are looking for some free-pass/out here. I don't don't think Joe or Kamala are going to give it to them.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh no. :nope:

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm “Body Language of Interlaced Fingers”:
http://bodylanguageproject.com/nonverba ... d-fingers/
Cool. Thanks.

The thing with LoudStupid's body language is that his resting state is anger/contempt. He has numerous textbook facial expression and body position anger tells: sneer, lowered brow, the frown, leaning forward, etc.

He does it intentionally, for effect--this is the look he wants to be identified by. There is endless video out there that shows him walking gingerly, with the DumbStupid expression of doddering old man (apologies), with the mouth open and the lower lip protruding, vacant eyes, and hunched shoulders. Then he arrives wherever he was going, and, particularly when there are cameras, the shoulders square, the chin comes up, and the stare appears.

He does the same thing with the grin. It's his other put-on expression.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:41 pm Also what happens when it goes to 6 Days 6 hours and 6 minutes? :eek2:
Now I'm really SKEERT!!! :shock:
Time passes and the world moves on..
:splat:

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm Oh no. :nope:
I think he should think about it. For maybe a passing half second.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

ZekeB wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm Oh no. :nope:
I think he should think about it. For maybe a passing half second.
It will be at least five minutes before he can catch his breath from laughing so hard.

I am very ambivalent about Comey. If he hadn't pulled his stunt a couple of weeks before the 2016 election, we might not have had to suffer through four years of Trump. OTOH, he did (sort of) stand up to 2ILDT.

If Biden pardons Trump, he can kiss a second term goodbye, and probably the midterms, as well. Find a psychic and ask Gerald Ford how that worked out.

It would be one thing if Trump doesn't push his AG to prosecute Trump, although that would be bad enough. If he pardons Trump, the DEMOCRATS might impeach him.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

I am starting to get a sense that the one thing that could get to Trump may actually be happening. He is starting to see a severe threat to the one thing he holds most dear, and it's not the MAGA but "the brand." He could do about anything still lose the office and yet be fine, but when his actions started having real consequences on the hotels and golf resorts, now he starts getting really worried.

I think he may be more worried about the brand than he is on criminal charges.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Trump’s brand is brunt toast. Really, really brunt. Like really daid.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Northland10 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 pm I am starting to get a sense that the one thing that could get to Trump may actually be happening. He is starting to see a severe threat to the one thing he holds most dear, and it's not the MAGA but "the brand." He could do about anything still lose the office and yet be fine, but when his actions started having real consequences on the hotels and golf resorts, now he starts getting really worried.

I think he may be more worried about the brand than he is on criminal charges.
I think you are absolutely right. The only way to really hurt him is in the pocketbook. Sure, he'll go down in history as a loser, but he really can't admit that to himself. The only thing he cares about is his brand.

The stupidest thing he ever did was run for president. Also, the most dangerous for the rest of us. :x

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Lani

Post by Lani »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:41 pm Also what happens when it goes to 6 Days 6 hours and 6 minutes? :eek2:
Now I'm really SKEERT!!! :shock:
I'm really skerd when it turns to 1 day 4 hours 8 minutes 8 seconds. :eek2: :yikes:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm ALWAYS the money with LaRump, ALWAYS. He's already lost the PGA, Chicago is getting ready to debrand his tower, NY is looking to revoke ALL his contracts with the city, his financing has been cut off, he can't use any of the payment processors, he's got massive tax troubles coming in NY and probably with the IRS coming as soon as he's out of office, and Palm Beach reportedly wants him and his club gone, not going to be a good year for him. Pur bubby, sucks to be him.
Everything Trump touches dies... including himself! :twisted:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm ALWAYS the money with LaRump, ALWAYS. He's already lost the PGA, Chicago is getting ready to debrand his tower, NY is looking to revoke ALL his contracts with the city, his financing has been cut off, he can't use any of the payment processors, he's got massive tax troubles coming in NY and probably with the IRS coming as soon as he's out of office, and Palm Beach reportedly wants him and his club gone, not going to be a good year for him. Pur bubby, sucks to be him.
Hasn't he also got 9 figures worth of note(s) due in 2022?

Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

The new title of this thread makes me think of a twice-baked potato for some reason. Evidently it is important to twice impeach your Lame Duck President Trump in order to obtain maximum tastiness.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

The Six Lowest Points of Trump’s Corrupt, Racist, Impeached, Ignorant, Incompetent Clusterfuck of a Presidency
As the Trump Era draws to a chaotic, subversive and long-overdue close, it is difficult to look back at it and pick those moments that best define it. Frankly, it is difficult to look back at it at all. But to spare you the effort, I will try.

It is difficult to select just a few signature Trumpian moments, because America’s outgoing leader holds so many (dubious) distinctions.

Donald Trump is undoubtedly America’s worst president, the only president to be impeached twice, the only person to lead a coup against the United States government, the president who presided over and was personally responsible for the greatest one year loss of life in American history, the only president since Herbert Hoover to actually leave office with fewer people employed than when he was sworn in, the only world leader to have been summarily banned from virtually all major social media sites because his words were so inflammatory, the most prolific liar if not conspiracy theorist in U.S. political history (which is saying something), a man who managed to be at once the most corrupt, the most odious, the most ignorant, the most ineffective and the most evil political leader in U.S. history.
:snippity:
As I have described at some length in my recent book, he was a traitor. This is not political invective. He actually worked with American’s foremost foreign enemy to help win election in 2016, and then he serially defended and rewarded that enemy and obstructed justice to hide the evidentiary trail of his efforts (and avoid punishment for them.)

But he also turned the U.S. government into his private piggybank, pumping millions of taxpayer dollars into properties he and his family owned. His cabinet set records for indictments and for turnover. He attacked our allies, buttered up autocrats, undermined America’s standing in the world and did I mention he actually led a coup attempt that led to five deaths, thousands being terrorized and next three people in the presidential line of succession being put in grave danger?

I've heard this bull before.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:59 am
I suspect that and much much more, I don't think anyone really knows for sure he has been so dishonest with his finances to all concerned. a Good chunk of it is to the German bank(really the Russians) and who knows who all else. I suspect that 9 figures is light to be honest. I am suspecting that he and his "empire" are leveraged to the hilt with no chance of ever repaying. I would suspect that his actual tax liabilities are going to really hurt him when they come due. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some prosecutions coming there as I 'll be he lied wholesale on his taxes as well. It ALL gonna come crashing down.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 pm
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:59 am
I suspect that and much much more, I don't think anyone really knows for sure he has been so dishonest with his finances to all concerned. a Good chunk of it is to the German bank(really the Russians) and who knows who all else. I suspect that 9 figures is light to be honest. I am suspecting that he and his "empire" are leveraged to the hilt with no chance of ever repaying. I would suspect that his actual tax liabilities are going to really hurt him when they come due. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some prosecutions coming there as I 'll be he lied wholesale on his taxes as well. It ALL gonna come crashing down.
From your lips...

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

So has the great deal maker thrown in the towel? Somewhat disconcerting that he is not peppering the airwaves and interwebs with his bs. Bit like the movies when they say “it’s too damn quiet”. Roll on the 2oth.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

ND may well be dead on. Complex fraud/money laundering schemes have an inertia to them that means they tend to run on autopilot. That is, until the flow of revenue to keep the machinery running is suddenly disrupted. Then the whole thing usually comes crashing down, and right quick.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

fierceredpanda wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm ND may well be dead on. Complex fraud/money laundering schemes have an inertia to them that means they tend to run on autopilot. That is, until the flow of revenue to keep the machinery running is suddenly disrupted. Then the whole thing usually comes crashing down, and right quick.
I think that is a valid point, and at this point I would suspect the inertia is about to catch up, I can't imagine there is a bank out there that would even let him in the door these days, and I expect his Russian money laundry has shut down as well, so he his ponzi scheme is about to come off the rails.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Trump Administration”