The Fractally Clueless White House

Gregg

Re: The Fractally Clueless White House

Post by Gregg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 am

Dolly wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 pm
Again, I don't know where to post...........
There is a "The homeless in U.S. society" thread but I thought this should stay in "Trump Administration"
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5655

Trump officials tour empty California FAA facility as potential site to relocate homeless: report

A California facility once used by the Federal Aviation Administration was toured by a team of Trump administration officials searching for sites to relocate the state’s homeless population, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The Post, citing three government officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity, reports the facility that was toured is located in or near Los Angeles.

One official told the paper Trump, who is expected to visit California on Tuesday and Wednesday, said there were discussions about an announcement related to the homelessness problem in the state next week. A second official told the paper that a decision is not currently scheduled for the trip.
The development comes a day after the Post reported that President Trump directed officials to crack down on homelessness in California and discussed relocating homeless people into government-backed facilities.
White House spokesman Judd Deere told The Hill in a statement that Trump "has directed his team to ...develop a range of policy options for consideration to deal with this tragedy."

Alex Comisar, a spokesperson for Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D), told The Hill in a statement the city welcomes the administration and “look forward to showing them our work to confront this humanitarian emergency.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ntial-site
This is Trump, and Steven Miller. They're probably wanting to install ovens.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 am

Another star trek prediction coming true.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sanctuary_District
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 am

Dan1100 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:51 am
Another star trek prediction coming true.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sanctuary_District
I thought of that as well. More like a lock up than a hand up.

Homelessness includes all kinds of people. Some mentally ill, some with criminal records who can't get housing assistance no matter how long ago they did their time, some working poor or on SS or SSDI who can't find affordable housing.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:57 am

EEOmdk-WwAM4xUs.jpg large.jpg
Yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

tek

Post by tek » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:23 am

IANAL; how does the Federal Government have any say at all in the (re)location of the homeless?
There's no way back
from there to here

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:09 am

Yet.

How comforting.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 am

If the media is "getting ahead of themselves," then, pray tell, oh exalted administration, what's the purpose of touring the facilities? We know trump isn't doing it for the exercise.
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:10 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 am
If the media is "getting ahead of themselves," then, pray tell, oh exalted administration, what's the purpose of touring the facilities? We know trump isn't doing it for the exercise.

I'm telling ya, Steven Miller is measuring them so he can order the ovens.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am

:cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook:
Newsweek: Kellyanne Conway Suggests Trump Is Better Because He Doesn't 'Study' Situations Before Making Decisions

Senior White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said on Sunday that it was "important" to have a president like Donald Trump because he and his administration officials don't "study" or form "commissions" in order to inform decisions before they're made.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:39 am

At this point she’s just trolling us, right?
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:52 am

Poll attached to that article.
D95C4976-C2CF-445B-BEDD-8DA11B5F38B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 am

At least she isn't telling us something we didn't already know.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

much ado

Post by much ado » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 am
At least she isn't telling us something we didn't already know.
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I had not noticed. She actually said something that was actually true about Trump. I swoon. :swoon:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm

John Adams called the drafting of the Constitution—the bedrock of the rule of law for our Nation—"the greatest single effort of national deliberation that the world has ever seen."
:roll:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm
John Adams called the drafting of the Constitution—the bedrock of the rule of law for our Nation—"the greatest single effort of national deliberation that the world has ever seen."
With no thought given to its impact on future generations, future technologies, future medical advances, a future with a then-unimaginable population growth, etc.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm

The United States was a piss ant country that might not make it, rife for take over from one of the world powers and surviving only because it committed genocide to keep growing and lived off of slavery. And most of what has happened since has been unimaginable, with the technology looking like black magic or witchcraft.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:45 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 pm
Kendra wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm
With no thought given to its impact on future generations, future technologies, future medical advances, a future with a then-unimaginable population growth, etc.
No input from women. No input from poor white people. No input from slaves of any colour.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Newsweek: Kellyanne Conway Suggests Trump Is Better Because He Doesn't 'Study' Situations Before Making Decisions

Senior White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said on Sunday that it was "important" to have a president like Donald Trump because he and his administration officials don't "study" or form "commissions" in order to inform decisions before they're made.
Remarks by President Trump and Crown Prince Salman of Bahrain Before Bilateral Meeting
FOREIGN POLICY
Issued on: September 16, 2019
<snip>
Q Mr. President, have you seen evidence, proof, that Iran was behind the attack in Saudi Arabia?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, it’s looking that way. We’ll have some pretty good — we’re having some very strong studies done, but it’s certainly looking that way at this moment. And we’ll let you know. As soon as we find out definitively, we’ll let you know. But it does look that way.
<snip>
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... l-meeting/

I ended up reading the whole thing. Earlier today I read a Facebook post about Trump saying the military was almost out of ammunition. It was from this same meeting
Q And how concerned are you about the risk of an all-out war in the Middle East?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I’m not concerned at all.

Q You don’t think that we’re a step closer to that, given what Iran just did?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No. I’m not. Personally, I’m not concerned at all. We have military power the likes of which the world has never seen. I’m not concerned at all. I’d like to avoid it.

You know, when I came here three years ago almost, General Mattis told me, “Sir, we’re very low on ammunition.” I said, “That’s a horrible thing to say.” I’m not blaming him; I’m not blaming anybody. But that’s what he told me. Because we were at a position where, with a certain country — I won’t say which one — we may have had conflict. And he said to me, “Sir, if you could, delay it, because we’re very low on ammunition.” And I said, “You know what, General? I never want to hear that again from another general.” No President should ever, ever hear that statement, “We’re low on ammunition.”

And we now have more ammunition, more missiles, more rockets, more tanks, more — we have more of everything than we’ve ever had before. More jet fighters. When I came here, 50 percent of our jet fighters didn’t fly. You know that. And they were in bad shape. And now we have the best fighters in the world. Everybody wants to buy them. Are you buying our jet fighters?

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: We are, sir.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Which one?

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: The F-16.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s great.

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: Signed it here.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: You have good taste. (Laughter.)

CROWN PRINCE SALMAN: Thank you, sir.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: That’s a great one.

So, we are very high on ammunition now. That’s a story I’ve never told before. Breaking news. But we have — we were very low. I could even say it stronger. I don’t want to say, “No ammunition,” but that gets a lot closer.

I said, “I never want to hear that again. And I never want another President of the United States to hear that again.” Could you imagine, as President, when they say, “We’re very low on ammunition?” By the way, stronger than that, but I’m not going to go there. That was what I was told. And I said, “I never want to be in a position like that again.” And he said, “Could you delay if we do something, sir? Could you delay it as we fill up?” And that is what I inherited from the past administration. And, in all fairness, to President Obama, to administrations before President Obama. That’s what I got stuck with. And we fixed it, and we fixed it good.
<snip>
while I am posting stuff from the White House... more from that link:
Q Mr. President, do you still think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to defend themselves? Or should the United States be —

PRESIDENT TRUMP: I think it’s certainly the responsibility of them to do a big — a big deal of their defense, certainly. I also think it’s the responsibility of the Saudis to, if somebody like us — which are the ones — are going to help them, they, I know, that monetarily will be very much involved in paying for that.

This is something that’s much different than other Presidents would mention, Jon. But the fact is that the Saudis are going to have a lot of involvement in this if we decide to do something. They’ll be very much involved, and that includes payment. And they understand that fully.

But they’re going to be — look, they’re very upset. They’re very angry. They know pretty much what we know. They know pretty much where they came from. And we’re looking for the final checkpoints, and I think you won’t be surprised to see who did it.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... l-meeting/
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “Trump Administration”