Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

User avatar
Reality Check
Posts: 15616
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9776

Post by Reality Check » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Reply by Old Rooster 19 hours ago

Terry's wife Marie called me this morning to tell me that Terry had a heart attack last night and passed away.
She said she and their daughter spoke with him at around 4:00pm, Terry said they were calling them all to chow so he had to go- "I'll call you later", But he never did. Instead she received a phone call around 8:45pm from the prison chaplain who told her Terry had a heart attack and died.
I am honored that Marie thought enough to call me first to tell me the bad news. This is only because she knows I have this PFA web site and will use it to spread the news of Terry's passing to all his friends.
Terry George Trussell was a good strong Christian, and I know that if there really is a GOD in heaven Terry is with him now. There is no more that the crooked politicians in Florida can do to harm him.
May GOD Bless Terry George Trussell, and may GOD Bless his wife Marie Trussell as well.
http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/xn/d ... ent:860409
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

User avatar
Reality Check
Posts: 15616
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9777

Post by Reality Check » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

I will never forget that smug Trussell had for most of the trial. At sentencing he put on his pitiful look.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3849
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9778

Post by Whip » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm
I will never forget that smug Trussell had for most of the trial. At sentencing he put on his pitiful look.
is there another appeal scheduled for tomorrow and this is his latest schtick?

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9779

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:00 pm

TT (as I like to refer to him) could have continued his little retired life in the Cross City area as "the egg man", pontificating to locals who are used to crackpots. To be fair, many are crackpots. He could have enjoyed the rainy, moss-soaked season which turned into the dry, windy Summers and the hot, simmering late fall, drinking sweet tea with Marie on the back porch.

But TT was enraged with Common Core! The Commie inTTrusion of liberal fartards on his LIBERTY! He had to INDICT local officials, place liens on their homes and issue arrest warrants so that the children would not endure MATH Indoctrination by the LibFarTads. People were terrorized and the Judicial System was thrown into chaos. For MATH. 'Cause Darash said so.

Backed by NLA agitators, TT took up the Patriot Toilet Paper Pledge and wiped forward to be their Martyr. Blessed be the Be the Butt Wiper and forever flush his kind down the toilet in the end. Not me. I wished him, some "reality-based enlightenment.". He thanked me for that, and wrote, "I thank you for your parting wish, I have always believed perception is reality, and I alone determine how I want to see things...I am never disappointed."

I bet Marie is disappointed. Or maybe relieved.

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 2958
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm
Occupation: SPACE FORCE COMMANDER

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9780

Post by Turtle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:56 am
I don't know what to say except it is all sad. However if his wife and daughter can find any solace, it might be that he was clearly enjoying the adventure. Less than one year ago, on his 75th birthday he wrote:

"All things considered, I am doing well; I am where God wants me to be - how could I not? I am so blessed to be living such a great adventure at this time in my life!

I spend my days reading, writing, and learning how much I don't know. I have no worry about what to eat, what to wear, or where I'll sleep. Life is simple."
That happens to a lot of people, some after only a short amount of time. In The Shawskank Redemption they called someone like that institutionalized, because their lives fully belong to the institution. If they get out, they are overwhelmed by all the small and large decisions they have to make for themselves on a daily basis. Stuff we take for granted out here.

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9781

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 pm

TT was primed for it by NLA.

User avatar
ZekeB
Posts: 15750
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Northwest part of Semi Blue State

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9782

Post by ZekeB » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Turtle wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm
That happens to a lot of people, some after only a short amount of time. In The Shawskank Redemption they called someone like that institutionalized, because their lives fully belong to the institution. If they get out, they are overwhelmed by all the small and large decisions they have to make for themselves on a daily basis. Stuff we take for granted out here.
I don't think he had all his marbles in his older years. He could not have spent 70 years on this earth and not gotten into trouble several times in the past if he had a lifetime attitude of which he had toward the end. He was taken advantage of. All it proved was that he ended up getting a life sentence. I hope some of the poots understand that.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

boots
Posts: 3160
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9783

Post by boots » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't think he had all his marbles in his older years. He could not have spent 70 years on this earth and not gotten into trouble several times in the past if he had a lifetime attitude of which he had toward the end. He was taken advantage of. All it proved was that he ended up getting a life sentence. I hope some of the poots understand that.
Well said.

With a lot of these folks I am of the belief that they lacked any stabilizing influence on their lives. Maybe all it would've taken is a loving family member to point out the ludicrous nature of their cult and its illogical false beliefs, and they would have normalized themselves. Whether that would have succeeded no one will ever know. But like so many of them, he built himself an echo chamber, and all he heard was adulation.

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9784

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm

boots wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't think he had all his marbles in his older years. He could not have spent 70 years on this earth and not gotten into trouble several times in the past if he had a lifetime attitude of which he had toward the end. He was taken advantage of. All it proved was that he ended up getting a life sentence. I hope some of the poots understand that.
Well said.

With a lot of these folks I am of the belief that they lacked any stabilizing influence on their lives. Maybe all it would've taken is a loving family member to point out the ludicrous nature of their cult and its illogical false beliefs, and they would have normalized themselves. Whether that would have succeeded no one will ever know. But like so many of them, he built himself an echo chamber, and all he heard was adulation.
I disagree with both of you. I think for many years, based upon his delusions of grandeur, he was a ripe dupe.

Edited to add..he was ripe all along.

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 12373
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9785

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm
boots wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't think he had all his marbles in his older years. He could not have spent 70 years on this earth and not gotten into trouble several times in the past if he had a lifetime attitude of which he had toward the end. He was taken advantage of. All it proved was that he ended up getting a life sentence. I hope some of the poots understand that.
Well said.

With a lot of these folks I am of the belief that they lacked any stabilizing influence on their lives. Maybe all it would've taken is a loving family member to point out the ludicrous nature of their cult and its illogical false beliefs, and they would have normalized themselves. Whether that would have succeeded no one will ever know. But like so many of them, he built himself an echo chamber, and all he heard was adulation.
I disagree with both of you. I think for many years, based upon his delusions of grandeur, he was a ripe dupe.

Edited to add..he was ripe all along.
I agree, from everything I have read about him, he had been that way for most all of his adult life, certainly well before this all happened. I think the only thing stable in his life was his meal ticket, and he pretty well wrecked her life as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8195
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9786

Post by Northland10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 pm
According SCOFL's docket (No. 18-2084), Trussel (in the COA) moved for rehearing (which was denied in November), so in December he sought a discretionary appeal. In January, the state opposed.

So I presume that Trussell can reply, and then SCOFL will decide whether to grant cert. (in SCOTUS' terms).

In SCOFL, Trussell is essentially repeating his argument (but with a fancier dress) about the prosecutor's closing argument contradicting the charging papers.
For completeness, no reply has been filed since for Terry. I did notice this when I was reading the state's reply.
The State has restated the Statement of the case and facts because the petitioner has included facts listed in the dissent which is improper. See Reaves v. State, 485 So. 2d 829, 830 (Fla. 1986)(“Conflict between decisions must be express and direct, i.e., it must appear within the four corners of the majority decision. Neither a dissenting opinion nor the record itself can be used to establish jurisdiction.”). Accordingly, the facts as set forth by the majority decision are as follows:
I suppose this does not speak well of his latest attorney, David Malave. I am not sure what happens with this case now as it is basically moot.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9787

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm

What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8195
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9788

Post by Northland10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm
What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
Well, if you had read my previous comment that I was typing at exactly the same time you were typing your comment, you would have known. ;)

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1085377
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 7049
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9789

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm
What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
What's "abatement" in this context, please?

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9790

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm
What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
What's "abatement" in this context, please?
In some jurisdictions (but not all), if the appellant dies while the conviction is on appeal, the whole thing goes away, and it’s as if it never happened.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 6321
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9791

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm
boots wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't think he had all his marbles in his older years. He could not have spent 70 years on this earth and not gotten into trouble several times in the past if he had a lifetime attitude of which he had toward the end. He was taken advantage of. All it proved was that he ended up getting a life sentence. I hope some of the poots understand that....
Well said.

With a lot of these folks I am of the belief that they lacked any stabilizing influence on their lives...

Edited to add..he was ripe all along.
I hope he haunts Dowdell for the rest of his miserable life.
ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
NotaPerson
Posts: 3299
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9792

Post by NotaPerson » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:24 pm
I hope he haunts Dowdell for the rest of his miserable life.
Indeed. I happened to have just taken a look at Rodger's Facebook page. Today he has posted a pro-gun meme, and pointedly recommended that everyone watch a video he linked to - a video discussing how the earth's frequencies are changing which will allow the arrest of the cabal and a financial reset soon.

And some other odds and ends. But not a word about Terry, his "friend" and partner in crime.

I can't believe he doesn't know by now.
Am I being detained?

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9793

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 pm

No chance Slim. Dowdell has no soul.

User avatar
bob
Posts: 26816
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9794

Post by bob » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm
What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
What's "abatement" in this context, please?
In some jurisdictions (but not all), if the appellant dies while the conviction is on appeal, the whole thing goes away, and it’s as if it never happened.
Which means Trussell's people can say he was never convicted. :roll:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8195
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9795

Post by Northland10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:00 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:41 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:34 pm
What was the status of his appeal? Any chance at abatement?
What's "abatement" in this context, please?
In some jurisdictions (but not all), if the appellant dies while the conviction is on appeal, the whole thing goes away, and it’s as if it never happened.
According to this Slip Opinion from the Florida Supreme Court in 1996, the conviction is not abated.
Florida Supreme Court Slip Opinion 3002 1996.pdf
In addition to holding that a judgment of conviction is retained when the defendant dies pending resolution of his or her appeal, we hold that the sentence imposed against the defendant continues to be effective. Thus, monetary fines or penalties continue to be enforceable against assets which comprise a defendant's estate. We believe that this is the proper policy because it precludes the defendant's estate from having the financial benefit of assets which the court, by imposing a sentence, indicated should be forfeited to the State as a result of the defendant's conviction.

We do point out, however, that depending on the particular circumstances of a case, the interests of the defendant's estate or the State may best be served by completion of the deceased defendant's appeal. See Nelson v. State, 490 So. 2d 32, 33 n.1 (Fla. 1986). Certainly, if fines or penalties are to be enforced against the defendant's estate, the estate maintains the same right to appeal that the defendant would have had if living. Likewise, the State may have an interest in seeing the appeal completed. Accordingly, we find that when a defendant dies after judgment but during an appeal, the appellate court may, upon a showing of good cause by the State or a representative of the defendant, determine that the appeal should proceed. If good cause to proceed is not demonstrated, then the appeal should be dismissed. We therefore hold that the convictions and sentences of Clements and Thomas are not to be abated ab initio, and we remand to the district court for further proceedings in accord with this decision.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8195
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9796

Post by Northland10 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pm

Sort of OT, though it deals with the subject of abatement. It mentions some of the states that stopped abatement for death back in the mid-1990s, Florida and Michigan being some.

Fordham Law Review:

Dying To Get Away With It: How the Abatement Doctrine Thwarts Justice--And What Should Be Done Instead
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 13870
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9797

Post by Dolly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Rodger Dowdell
April 26 at 10:42 PM · <apparently I haven't been looking far enough at his earlier posts>
More bad news:

I was recently informed that another great Patriot has died.

Terry Trussell died at about 4 pm today from an apparent heart attack.

I will post updates when I learn more.
► Show Spoiler
23 reactions 23 Comments


Embry Jules Rodger, I am so sorry to hear this. I can’t count the times we have strategized and the ever redundant questions from you was “will this help Terry Trussell”... and THIS coming on the heals of our recent loss of your dear friend Hagan. Know this, they did “all to stand”. As you told me just a day or two ago...we must use this loss as a reason to dig deeper, push harder and accelerate our goals and achievements. Remember your own advise as you bear this extra grief. Keep your head low but your chin up!
Rest In Peace Terry Trussell a good and faithful servant
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
woodworker
Posts: 2776
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9798

Post by woodworker » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 pm

cue up the wrongful death lawsuit. because.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Mr. Gneiss
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9799

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:52 pm

All I see here is the sad reality that a man and his family lost several years of time together all because of nitwitted notions of "patriotism"

My heartfelt condolences to the Trussell family.

User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

#9800

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:18 am

And so it goes. Lights out.

Post Reply

Return to “Terry Trussell”