Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

NMgirl

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

Post by NMgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Max does the confirmation thing:

Federal prosecutors in NV get green light to appeal dismissal of Cliven Bundy standoff case

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/01 ... -case.html

neeneko

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

Post by neeneko » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:50 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:14 pm
I'm against another trial. While a new trial will be entertaining for us, bringing the Bundy/Pootriot crowd together again is not a good thing. And my PACER bill... :crying:
I think if we were going to get some sort of new trial, I would much rather see Oregon bring its own charges for the refuge takeover.

I can see the risk of the poor crowd rallying again and that being a problem, I also wonder how much they have been weakened by infighting over the last year or so and if they could still come together in significant force.

Whip

Post by Whip » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Federal prosecutors in NV get green light to appeal dismissal of Cliven Bundy standoff case

somewhere gil whispers 'crap......now I have to do some actual work' to himself.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Whip wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm
NMgirl wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm

somewhere gil whispers 'crap......now I have to do some actual work' to himself.
:?: Klayman has filed for phv multiple times in the various Nevada trials and has always been shot down, including in an appeal to the 9th Circuit.* Does that have any relevance to his representing Cliven in the Government's appeal to the 9th circuit :?:

*Glorious takedown by that otherwise worthless human being, Judge Bybee.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm

No; Klayman presently is admitted to practice in the 9th.

Whether that remains accurate by the time the case is calendared is a different issue.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Whether that remains accurate by the time the case is calendared is a different issue.
:bighug:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:25 pm

bob wrote:

I expect Larry will try to stick his nose into things somehow.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm

bob wrote:

They certainly said a lot of mean things about him in upholding the District Court's denial of PHV. If I were named Bundy, I wouldn't want Klayman anywhere near any case of mine at the Ninth Circuit.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Users browsing this forum: Suranis and 9 guests.

Hi Bundy boys! Don't stub a toe chasing watermelons.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 pm

They're just your groupies, Suranis! :-D

poplove

Post by poplove » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:36 pm

I'm a Las Vegas/Clark County resident and would love to see Cliven et al face justice for their ongoing criminal offenses. But I'm not going to hold my breath... Although miracles do happen...

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:52 am

poplove wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:36 pm
I'm a Las Vegas/Clark County resident and would love to see Cliven et al face justice for their ongoing criminal offenses. But I'm not going to hold my breath... Although miracles do happen...
I don't think the Government's appeal has a snowball's chance.

Pro: The Bundys deserve to sweat some more, preferably bullets.

Con: The Bundys can grift off the appeal for quite some time, given how overburdened the 9th Circuit is. Are the Poots going to pony up again, though?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Government's opening brief in appeal of the dismissal with prejudice. I haven't read it yet. Credit Tay Wiles twitter.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... brief.html

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm

In the interim, Bundy is illegally grazing his cattle on federal land (and a national monument). Bundy’s ‘water rights’ have never been adjudicated and only exist in his mind. He’s gotten away with it for 24 years.

Are we supposed to allow this to go on for another 24 years?

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm
In the interim, Bundy is illegally grazing his cattle on federal land (and a national monument). Bundy’s ‘water rights’ have never been adjudicated and only exist in his mind. He’s gotten away with it for 24 years.

Are we supposed to allow this to go on for another 24 years?
Probably

bob

Post by bob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Wash. Times: DOJ files appeal to reverse stinging loss to Bundy clan in Nevada standoff:
Bundy attorney accuses DOJ of 'frivolous' appeal

U.S. Attorney for Nevada Nicholas A. Trutanich, who took over last month, insisted that the government had “timely disclosed significant discovery,” refuting the judge’s ruling that prosecutors had withheld evidence on items such as an FBI surveillance camera and snipers at the 2014 clash.

“To the extent any of the government’s shortcomings constituted Brady violations, they were clearly inadvertent, and certainly not willful,” he said in the motion. “In its ruling dismissing the indictment with prejudice, however, the district court found government errors it had only weeks earlier deemed diligent and reasonable now to be ‘flagrant,’ ‘reckless,’ ‘intentional,’ ‘grossly shocking,’ and in violation of a ‘universal sense of justice.’”

“Any missteps were inadvertent (or at worst negligent), and those errors did not merit the court’s strong condemnation of the prosecution team,” he said.

Bundy attorney Larry Klayman immediately filed a motion to strike the appeal, calling it “frivolous” and arguing that the court had not granted the government’s request for a third extension of the deadline.

“To keep this appeal hanging over the head of my client and his co-defendants is more than unconscionable: it is unprofessional and grossly unethical, and calculated only inflict more severe emotional distress on them and to ‘circle the wagons’ around those ‘bad actors’ in this U.S. Attorney’s office who themselves, rather than the defendants, committed crimes,” Mr. Klayman said in his brief.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Did Larry Klayman ever get cleared to appear in Nevada?

bob

Post by bob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 pm

No. But this is in the 9th, and Klayman is licensed there.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 am

bob wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 pm
No. But this is in the 9th, and Klayman is licensed there.
The 9th might be very sorry for that.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am

Poor Max. She probably thought she was done with the Bundys. But no. None of us will ever be done with the Bundys. :crying:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/0 ... ce=twitter

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Mrs. cRyan responds to the appeal briefing document.
Angie Huntington Bundy
1 hr ·
So...many of you have now heard that they are appealing Navarros decision to dismiss our case. I have a ton of concerns about this. Obviously, I just don’t want to deal with my husband being put in jeopardy again, along with Cliven, Ammon, and Ryan Payne. But...if it will expose the truth and get Todd, Greg, and Jerry home then perhaps bringing it all out again will result in prayers being answered. Their appeal is 88 pages of lies. If you’ve read the lies, we have video footage and witnesses that can expose the lies on a lot of it...so now is the time my friends...if you have footage from 2014 exposing Government corruption blast it....anything on Todd, Greg, and Jerry, get it out there. Keep praying. We know we are right.
► Show Spoiler

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 pm

GIL types stupid words about the governments appeal. He visited toothless Cliven yesterday. Says Bundys own 400,000 acres etc. etc.
Just when you thought you had seen enough corruption at my once-proud alma mater (now regrettably known as the U.S. Department of Injustice) comes the latest outrage.

On Feb. 6, 2019 – a date that will live in infamy for our nation’s so called top law enforcement agency – corrupt prosecutors in the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the District of Nevada, (“USA”), led by Assistant U.S. Attorney Elizabeth White, filed untimely legal briefs with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (“Ninth Circuit”).

This document are pathetically pleading to their perceived “friendly” tribunal to overturn the dismissal by an Obama-appointed lower court judge, Gloria Navarro (who was hostile to my client Cliven Bundy, his sons and the other defendants in any event) of the frivolous and politically motivated indictment which the Obama administration had brought against them four years ago. This indictment was payback for the Bundys and their supporters having successfully stood down the goons and mercenaries of the Bureau of Land Management (“BLM”), who, along with Federal Bureau of Investigation (‘FBI”) agents, had threatened to kill and then assaulted the Bundys . They also killed bulls in their herd of cattle to drive them off the land which the family had ranched for over 150 years.

During the time after this indictment came down, Cliven and his sons had spent two years in a maximum security federal prison in Pahrump, Nevada (the modern-day equivalent of Alcatraz) located in the desert about 50 miles outside of Las Vegas. This is a mysterious and legendary area where atomic bombs were even detonated in the years after World War II, and which now houses a secret military base designated by the feds as Area 51.

The Bundys and their supporters were eventually set free, effectively having been found to not have committed any crimes. But because of the callousness of Judge Navarro – a disciple of the evil former Senator Harry Reid (who with his son tried to take the Bundy Ranch away from the family to reportedly to have it sold to Chinese environmental interests with likely kickbacks to Reid) – they already had done considerable time in this hell hole, given that they had not been released on bail at our so-called government’s phony request.

In Cliven’s case, the cruel Judge Navarro – more akin to Cruella de Vil than Snow White — had even had him put in solitary confinement during the early days of his incarceration.

These tardy appellate briefs, filed after the previously set Ninth Circuit deadline (the USA had asked for three extensions to file them over the last year), are void; and I immediately moved to strike them from the record. (To see my motion, go to Cliven Bundy Defense Fund to also support Cliven’s defense) But it is unlikely the pliant Ninth Circuit will strike them from the court record, as the U.S. Department of Injustice usually gets what it asks for procedurally. That is the nature of the government law-enforcement beast; ordinary persons like the Bundys are relegated to second-class legal status, while government prosecutors – or should we more aptly call them “persecutors” – are given slack to commit infractions, if not outright crimes.

Each week I broadcast a radio show on Radio America. The local listings for the show can be found at Freedom Watch’s website. I also posted a blog of the show, and you can listen to it there or at Radio America if the show, whose reach is growing, is not as yet heard in your home town. The name of my show is “Special Prosecutor with Larry Klayman.” These days I feel more like calling it “Special Defense Counsel with Larry Klayman.” Indeed, if as a young lawyer I could do it all over again – given what I have experienced over the last 42 years of legal practice, privately and then at Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, both of which I conceived and founded – I would have become a criminal defense lawyer, and definitely not a government prosecutor.

This is not because some persons in our generally now-sick society don’t deserve being locked away for life – I am opposed to the death penalty, as our justice system makes too many unjust errors – but because I have always only represented those defendants who I believe in. I am not a legal prostitute, like much of the criminal defense bar, who will represent just anyone for “fun and profit” as long as they can jingle the change. And, in the case of Cliven and his family, these clients are exceptional persons; ones who represent true American values and are the proverbial salt of the earth, much less the American west. :snippity:
https://www.wnd.com/2019/02/more-tyrann ... nkerville/
Also, too please send GIL $.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm

That's a near-perfect offering from GIL. Thank you, scirreeve. Made my evening. :thumbs:

bob

Post by bob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 am

Klayman wrote:To see my motion, go to Cliven Bundy Defense Fund to also support Cliven’s defense
I did that, and it isn't there. :torches:
I am not a legal prostitute, like much of the criminal defense bar, who will represent just anyone for “fun and profit” as long as they can jingle the change.
Oh, the irony: Santelli filed a complaint with the D.C. bar, saying Klayman did exactly that.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am

bob wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 am
Klayman wrote:To see my motion, go to Cliven Bundy Defense Fund to also support Cliven’s defense
I did that, and it isn't there. :torches:
I looked for it there too. Glad it just wasn't me. I thought I mighta drank one more beer than necessary.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”