Bundy Trials - Nevada

SueDB

Re: Bundy Trials - Nevada

Post by SueDB »

NMgirl wrote:There is no joy in Pootville tonight. Everybody has a bad case of the sads because the retrial of the Tier 3 defendants begins June 26, so that the Big Bundy Blowout Trial will probably not commence until the fall. Trial for the Tier 2 defendants may be pushed into 2018. In addition, motions to sever were denied.

Link to Judge Navarro's Order:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... /Order.pdf
Sounds like the trial is gonna go through several more holidays, school openings/closing/graduations, Births/deaths. Spending lots of in jail means these felonious assholes may even DIE in jail of natural/unnatural causes.

Damn --- "Poots and Birfcontrol" - a Prison Love Story
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

On the other hand it's not like it is interfering in otherwise productive useful lives, either the poots, or it would seem, their followers.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

NMgirl wrote:There is no joy in Pootville tonight. Everybody has a bad case of the sads because the retrial of the Tier 3 defendants begins June 26, so that the Big Bundy Blowout Trial will probably not commence until the fall. Trial for the Tier 2 defendants may be pushed into 2018. In addition, motions to sever were denied.

Any concerns that we are now heading into an area where lack of speedy trial is a legitimate complaint?

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

pipistrelle wrote:

Any concerns that we are now heading into an area where lack of speedy trial is a legitimate complaint?
I'll own up to my hypocrisy: If it was someone I cared about, I'd be upset about this. But I really cannot overstate my complete loathing of the Bundys. So yeah, I should be a bigger person and say, "The law should be applied equally and fairly and blah de blah," but mostly I'm thinking, "Suck on that you lying assholes."

Edited to add: As far as I'm concerned they all should've been thrown in jail right after Bunkerville, so they've had two more years of freedom than they deserved.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

SueDB wrote:
Sounds like the trial is gonna go through several more holidays, school openings/closing/graduations, Births/deaths. Spending lots of in jail means these felonious assholes may even DIE in jail of natural/unnatural causes.

Damn --- "Poots and Birfcontrol" - a Prison Love Story
Deaths, yes. But are any of these poots getting 'spousal' visits? With luck, there won't be any more little Bundys for several years.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Friday Night Document Dump
05/19/2017 1985 ORDER Granting 1967 STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (First Request) to Reply re 1878 Renewed Motion to Dismiss for Destruction of Evidence as to Ryan W. Payne. Replies due by 5/16/2017. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen on 5/19/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 05/19/2017)

05/19/2017 1984 ORDER Granting 1960 STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (First Request) to Reply re 1878 Renewed Motion to Dismiss for Destruction of Evidence as to Ryan W. Payne. Replies due by 5/15/2017. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen on 5/19/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 05/19/2017)

05/19/2017 1983 NOTICE of Intent to Introduce Evidence Admissible under Federal Rule of Evidence 404(b) by USA as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien, Steven A. Stewart. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/19/2017)

05/18/2017 1982 RESPONSE to 1928 Motion in Limine, 1934 Motion for Joinder, 1929 Motion for Joinder ; filed by USA as to Cliven D. Bundy, Melvin D. Bundy, David H. Bundy. Replies due by 5/25/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/18/2017)

05/17/2017 1979 MINUTE ORDER IN CHAMBERS of the Honorable Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro, as to Steven A. Stewart on 5/17/2017.
Pending before the Court is Defendant Steven A. Stewart's 1417 Motion for Joinder to Defendant O. Scott Drexler's 1406 Response to the Government's 1390 Motion in Limine. On February 6, 2017, the Court granted in part, denied in part the Government's 1390 Motion in Limine. (See ECF No. 1518 ). For good cause appearing, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Defendant Steven A. Stewart's 1417 Motion for Joinder is GRANTED. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - SP) (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1978 MINUTE ORDER IN CHAMBERS of the Honorable Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro, as to Richard R. Lovelien on 5/17/2017.
Pending before the Court is the Defendant Ricky R. Lovelien's 1338 Motion for Joinder to 1242 Notice re: Expert Witness. The Expert Witness Notice was filed for the first trial, which has since concluded. Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Defendant Ricky R. Lovelien's 1338 Motion for Joinder is DENIED as moot. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - SP) (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1977 MOTION for Joinder to 1971 MOTION for discovery, filed by Melvin D. Bundy. (Gaffney, Lucas) Modified on 5/18/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR). (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1976 RESPONSE to 1924 Motion for Acquittal ; filed by USA as to Richard R. Lovelien. Replies due by 5/24/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1975 ORDER that 1918 Cliven Bundy's Motion to Clarify Current Trial Schedule and Consolidate Trial is GRANTED IN PART AND DENIED IN PART. The Court GRANTS the request for clarification and DENIES the motion in all other respects. Retrial of the tier three defendants in this matter will begin on Monday, June 26, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro in Courtroom 7C. Calendar Call will be held on Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro in Courtroom 7C. Trial for the tier one defendants will proceed thirty days following the entry of verdict in the retrial of the tier three defendants.
FURTHER ORDERED that 1873 Cliven Bundy's Motion to Modify Court Order Setting June 26, 2017 Trial Date; 1888 Santilli's Motion to be Tried with Tier Three; and 1899 Payne's Motion to Commence His Trial No Later Than June 26, 2017 are DENIED.

FURTHER ORDERED that 1874 , 1876 , and 1897 Motions for Joinder are GRANTED.
Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 5/17/17.
(Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1974 MOTION to Reconsider re 1953 Order Denying Motion to Withdraw Guilty Plea, filed by Gerald A. Delemus. Responses due by 5/31/2017. (Marcello, Dustin) Modified on 5/18/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR). (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/17/2017 1973 RESPONSE to 1968 Motion to Dismiss ; filed by Gregory P. Burleson. Replies due by 5/24/2017. (Jackson, Terrence) (Entered: 05/17/2017)

05/16/2017 1971 MOTION for discovery by Cliven D. Bundy. Responses due by 5/30/2017. (Whipple, Bret) (Entered: 05/16/2017)

05/16/2017 1970 REPLY to Response to 1899 Motion filed by Ryan W. Payne. (Weksler, Brenda) (Entered: 05/16/2017)

05/16/2017 1969 First MOTION to Dismiss Without Prejudice Counts 1,2,5,6,8,9,14 & 15 of the Superseding Indictment by USA as to Todd C. Engel. Responses due by 5/30/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/16/2017)

05/16/2017 1968 First MOTION to Dismiss Without Prejudice Counts 1 & 2 of the Superseding Indictment by USA as to Gregory P. Burleson. Responses due by 5/30/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/16/2017)

05/16/2017 1967 STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (First Request) re 1878 Renewed Motion to Dismiss for Destruction of Evidence by Ryan W. Payne. (Weksler, Brenda) (Entered: 05/16/2017)
All the high crimes and misdemeanors taking place in D.C. have meant that I haven't spent time perusing this weeks' Bundy court filings to see if there is anything interesting to download. I hope to get around to that task this weekend. If anybody else spots something of interest on the list above, let me know.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Well, well, well. What have we here?
Sugar Pine Mine...7f07d098-16cd-4143-a31f-52c4e3075ec6.pdf
NOTICE is hereby given of that the United States may seek to introduce evidence of the following crimes, wrongs, or other acts...
Sugar Pine Mine, Oafkeepers, IIIpers! The retrial of Parker, Drexler, Stewart and Lovelien may not be so yawningly deja vu-y as might have been feared.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

NMgirl wrote:Well, well, well. What have we here? Sugar Pine Mine...7f07d098-16cd-4143-a31f-52c4e3075ec6.pdf
NOTICE is hereby given of that the United States may seek to introduce evidence of the following crimes, wrongs, or other acts...
Sugar Pine Mine, Oafkeepers, IIIpers! The retrial of Parker, Drexler, Stewart and Lovelien may not be so yawningly deja vu-y as might have been feared.
Maureen Peltier has mentioned this on Facebook, via a year-old snippet from someone else's Facebook saying that a friend who was at Sugar Pine has been informed he has been federally indicted for a conspiracy, but that the indictment is sealed and inactive at this time. It seems too big a coincidence that she'd post this 'just because' so I would surmise that this news is starting to make waves with all the poot crowd.

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Kind of off-topic, but quite a few poots have posted a short video from Last Man Standing saying it's exactly what's wrong with America today. In the video, Tim Allen's character (sorry, I don't know his name, I couldn't even watch a single episode of the show when it aired, the acting was so bad) is prepping a speech for his daughter's college class. His daughter gives him a long list of things he can't say. The list is, of course, exaggerated to make liberals look overly precious. Tim Allen's character responds by writing a speech that includes everything on the list. And I was left thinking, Yep, that's what's wrong with America today - right wing nut-jobs refuse to address any valid concerns they may have, and instead just double down on the bullying, because heaven forbid they have a modicum of human decency. Instead it's just, "I'm going to say and do stupid, outdated, racist, misogynist, offensive things, because freedom, and if you're offended, then you obviously hate freedom."

poplove

Post by poplove »

The Las Vegas Review Journal published this on May 15: https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... iolations/
Apparently the article was either missed or ignored by the poots. I think they ignored it as there is no longer an option to make a comment on any article since Adelson took over the RJ.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

poplove wrote:The Las Vegas Review Journal published this on May 15: https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... iolations/
Apparently the article was either missed or ignored by the poots. I think they ignored it as there is no longer an option to make a comment on any article since Adelson took over the RJ.
Pitiful reporting. Ammon Bundy is a rancher?
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

poplove

Post by poplove »

Pitiful reporting. Ammon Bundy is a rancher?

Everyone incarcerated is a rancher according to their supporters and the owner of my local newspaper.

Terrastomp

Post by Terrastomp »

maydijo wrote:
NMgirl wrote:Well, well, well. What have we here? Sugar Pine Mine...7f07d098-16cd-4143-a31f-52c4e3075ec6.pdf
Maureen Peltier has mentioned this on Facebook, via a year-old snippet from someone else's Facebook saying that a friend who was at Sugar Pine has been informed he has been federally indicted for a conspiracy, but that the indictment is sealed and inactive at this time. It seems too big a coincidence that she'd post this 'just because' so I would surmise that this news is starting to make waves with all the poot crowd.
IANAL, but I believe if an indictment is "sealed" no one should know it's contents

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

poplove wrote:The Las Vegas Review Journal published this on May 15: https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... iolations/
Pahrump Valley Times picked up the story. http://pvtimes.com/nye-investigation-am ... violations

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Including the Oregon standoff and trials, the Bundys have cost the taxpayer a great deal of money--many millions of dollars. I resent it. :madguy:
Taxpayers already have spent over $1 million to provide legal representation for the 19 men accused of participating in the 2014 armed standoff in Bunkerville.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... e-tops-1m/

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Parker/Lamb update on the Tier 3 defendants' hearing today:

This update is nearly 26 minutes long and I haven't viewed it at all yet. If anybody wants to do a transcription, have at it. :prettyplease:

One thing I gleaned is that the Tier 3 trial is now tentatively scheduled for July 10. Also, I heard a rumor that Lamb and Parker let BrandNu Asshole take the mic. :sick:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NMgirl wrote:Parker/Lamb update on the Tier 3 defendants' hearing today:

This update is nearly 26 minutes long and I haven't viewed it at all yet. If anybody wants to do a transcription, have at it. :prettyplease:

One thing I gleaned is that the Tier 3 trial is now tentatively scheduled for July 10. Also, I heard a rumor that Lamb and Parker let BrandNu Asshole take the mic. :sick:
I have been trying to venture in and watch, but CNN and the Kushner headlines are distracting me :)

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Andrea Olson-Parker, who became organized and articulate by the end of the first Tier 3 trial, has regressed significantly. I hope she regains her ability to report clearly by the time the retrial begins, July 10. The youtube is garbled and filled with rants. Andrea loses her temper several times and John Lamb, as he always does, grabs hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Hot button issues for the defendants and their supporters:

1) The Government's motion to admit evidence regarding events that happened post-Bunkerville, specifically Sugar Pine Mine, White Hope Mine and III% of Idaho;

2) the Government has asked for more challenges during the jury selection process and has requested that questions be added during voir dire which would reveal a potential juror's exposure to the various Poots' protests, Poots' social media;

3) Frontline (the PBS documentary) gained access to and aired sealed discovery;

4) the Government is sending out 700,000 fliers undermining defendants' cases to potential jurors before jury selection; ! wtf :?:

5) the Government is preventing a speedy trial and why should the trial day end at 4:30 every day just so prosecutors can get home to their families;

6) BrandNu eviscerates the NRA and demands that Wayne LaPierre show up in Las Vegas personally to defend Poots' 2nd Amendment rights; otherwise Poots should cease paying their dues or contributing money to the NRA in any way. :lol:

Tomorrow I will be posting my usual Friday Night Document Dump. As you can see from the above synopsis of the youtube vid, those documents will have to be our source for information on today's hearing. :dazed:

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

NMgirl wrote:Andrea Olson-Parker, who became organized and articulate by the end of the first Tier 3 trial, has regressed significantly. I hope she regains her ability to report clearly by the time the retrial begins, July 10. The youtube is garbled and filled with rants. Andrea loses her temper several times and John Lamb, as he always does, grabs hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Hot button issues for the defendants and their supporters:

1) The Government's motion to admit evidence regarding events that happened post-Bunkerville, specifically Sugar Pine Mine, White Hope Mine and III% of Idaho;

2) the Government has asked for more challenges during the jury selection process and has requested that questions be added during voir dire which would reveal a potential juror's exposure to the various Poots' protests, Poots' social media;

3) Frontline (the PBS documentary) gained access to and aired sealed discovery;

4) the Government is sending out 700,000 fliers undermining defendants' cases to potential jurors before jury selection; ! wtf :?:

5) the Government is preventing a speedy trial and why should the trial day end at 4:30 every day just so prosecutors can get home to their families;

6) BrandNu eviscerates the NRA and demands that Wayne LaPierre show up in Las Vegas personally to defend Poots' 2nd Amendment rights; otherwise Poots should cease paying their dues or contributing money to the NRA in any way. :lol:

Tomorrow I will be posting my usual Friday Night Document Dump. As you can see from the above synopsis of the youtube vid, those documents will have to be our source for information on today's hearing. :dazed:
BrandNu also blows a gasket about how the court is just a sepulchre full of dead men's bones and LIES.

Roxanna Ryan (Jake Ryan's mother) also says a few words. She seems fairly harmless but looks as though she's never stepped foot outside of a deep-woods survivalist compound in her life.

Apparently no one in the Bundy cult can grasp the idea that the NRA isn't touching this with a 10 foot pole.

boots

Post by boots »

I listened to the video (part of it) while waiting for someone who is more than an hour late for a meeting.

I don't get the "flyer" by the "prosecution" "going to 700,000 people to tell them Cliven Bundy is a racist and a convict. I am sure that Andrea Parker is not reporting this in any neutral fashion, but that something is going to happen. So my question is, what is the real story, and how does it differ from poot reality?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jerry Mander wrote:Roxanna Ryan (Jake Ryan's mother) also says a few words. She seems fairly harmless but looks as though she's never stepped foot outside of a deep-woods survivalist compound in her life.
A Roxanna Ryan joined a site called "Americans United Against Tyranny" three weeks ago. Could it be they never learn?

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal »

Techno Luddite wrote:I listened to the video (part of it) while waiting for someone who is more than an hour late for a meeting.

I don't get the "flyer" by the "prosecution" "going to 700,000 people to tell them Cliven Bundy is a racist and a convict. I am sure that Andrea Parker is not reporting this in any neutral fashion, but that something is going to happen. So my question is, what is the real story, and how does it differ from poot reality?
The only thing that comes close to what Andrea said is during last November's election campaign, a flyer was sent out by the Dems that tied a Republican candidate to the Bundys. (I don't remember which candidate.) It was brought up by the defense in the early stages of the trials as potentially tainting the jury pool. Navarro didn't buy it.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

ElaineSoCal wrote:
Techno Luddite wrote:I listened to the video (part of it) while waiting for someone who is more than an hour late for a meeting.

The only thing that comes close to what Andrea said is during last November's election campaign, a flyer was sent out by the Dems that tied a Republican candidate to the Bundys. (I don't remember which candidate.) It was brought up by the defense in the early stages of the trials as potentially tainting the jury pool. Navarro didn't buy it.
This is a new flyer, although Lamb and Parker did talk about the earlier election flyer. This new flyer kerfuffle is a mystery. No reporters were at the hearing, so far as I could tell, so no sources except Lambo and BridgeSniper'sBride.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Friday Night Document Dump (and it's a doozy)

05/26/2017 2021 REPLY to Response to 1947 Objections re LR IB 3−1 or Motion for District Judge to
Reconsider Order filed by Ryan C. Bundy. (Dows, Angela) (Entered: 05/26/2017)

05/26/2017 2020 STIPULATION To Continue Trial Date by O. Scott Drexler. (Leventhal, Todd)
(Entered: 05/26/2017)

05/26/2017 2019 OBJECTION to 1912 Report and Recommendation by USA as to Ryan C. Bundy
Government's Response to Objections to Report & Recommendation #1912..
Response to Objections to R&R due by 6/9/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered:
05/26/2017)

05/26/2017 2018 RESPONSE to Objection to 1911 Report and Recommendation by USA as to Ryan C.
Bundy Government Response to Objections to Report & Recommendastion #1911.
(Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/26/2017)

05/25/2017 2017 RESPONSE to 1964 Motion for Joinder, 1961 Motion to Dismiss/Speedy Trial ; filed
by USA as to Brian D. Cavalier, Jason D. Woods. Replies due by 6/1/2017. (Myhre,
Steven) (Entered: 05/25/2017)

05/25/2017- 2012 MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS − Calendar Call as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien, Steven A. Stewart, Todd C. Engel held on 5/25/2017
before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. Crtrm Administrator: Aaron Blazevich;
AUSA: Steven Myhre, Erin Creegan, Nicholas Dickinson, and Nadia Ahmed with FBI
Agents Joel Willis, Mike Abercrombie, and Sharon Gavin; Def Counsel: Richard
Tanasi (Also appearing for Jess Marchese), Todd Leventhal, and Shawn Perez; Court
Reporter/Recorder: Araceli Bareng; Time of Hearing: 9:21 a.m. − 10:42 a.m.;
Courtroom: 7C;
Defendants are present in custody. Mr. Tanasi stands in as counsel for Defendant Eric
J. Parker on behalf of Jess Marchese.
The Court admonishes the parties regarding courtroom decorum.*The Court allows Mr.
Engel the opportunity to respond to the 1969 Motion to Dismiss. There being no
objection, the Court GRANTS the motion. The trial date as to Mr. Engel is vacated
and Mr. Engel and Mr. George are excused from the courtroom. The Court GRANTS
the 1956 Motion to Joinder regarding 1740 Motion for Disclosure of Unindicted
Coconspirator Statements. The Court advises the parties that if new co−conspirator
statements are offered by the government, though the government states it does not
intend to introduce new co−conspirator statements, the defendants may file a Motion
in Limine or argue orally outside the presence of the jury.
The Court hears arguments regarding the 1958 MOTION for Early Disclosure of
Juror Questionnaires. The motion is DENIED.
The Court hears arguments regarding the 1997 Motion for Attorney Conducted Voir
Dire and the 2003 Motion for Joinder thereto. The Court DENIES the 1997 Motion
for Attorney Conducted Voir Dire and GRANTS the 2003 Motion for Joinder. The
Court hears arguments regarding the government's 2011 Motion for Equal Peremptory
Challenges. The Defendants indicate they intend to file a response to the motion. The
Court will take this motion under submission.The Court and parties discuss the trial
proceedings for the retrial. The Court states that no jury questions will be permitted
for the purpose of jury nullification. The Court indicates it will use sidebar during the
upcoming trial and will allow the jurors to ask written questions to the witnesses, as
explained on the record. The Court instructs the parties to contemplate how they
would like their seating arrangements for the upcoming trial. The Defendants request
three family passes per defendant. The Court GRANTS the request. The government
invokes the exclusionary rule for trial. Mr. Leventhal requests his investigator be
allowed to remain in the courtroom during trial. With no objection from the
government, the Court will allow the investigator to be present at trial but will ask he
remain in the public viewing area to allow him to be able to come and go from trial,
as necessary. The Court advises the parties that it will ask the parties if witnesses may
be excused at the conclusion of testimony or if the witness should remain under
subpoena for rebuttal testimony.The Court tentatively sets a schedule of 9:00 a.m. −
5:00 p.m., barring any objection from the jurors. The parties indicate this trial should
last no longer than two months total. Mr. Leventhal requests the Court begin jury
selection on Wednesday, June 28, 2017, with the Court being dark the week of July 3,
2017. The Court and parties discuss alternative schedules. Upon the filing of a
stipulation signed by all parties, the trial will commence in this case on July 10, 2017,
at 8:30 a.m. If no stipulation is filed, trial will commence, as scheduled, on June 26,
2017. Trial documents (voir dire, trial briefs, exhibit and witness lists, etc.) will be
due on June 19, 2017 if no stipulation is filed. If a stipulation is filed, however, the
trial documents will be due on July 3, 2017. The parties agree to use the same voir
dire questions from the previous trial. The government will file a supplemental
witness list and highlight any additions for the Court to include in its presentation to
the prospective jurors. The Court will issue an Order Regarding Trial in the upcoming
weeks to further cement these deadlines.Mr. Parker asks questions to the Court, which
the Court construes as motions. Mr. Parker is advised to speak to his attorney and
have his attorney file any motions he deems appropriate.
The Court stands at recess. Defendants are remanded to custody.
(Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − ASB) Corrected clerical error.
NEF regenerated. (ASB) (Entered: 05/25/2017)

05/24/2017 2014 Copy of LETTER of Support to Dustin Marcello dated 5/21/17. (ADR) (Entered:
05/25/2017)

05/24/2017 2013 LETTER in support of Defendant. (ADR) (Entered: 05/25/2017)

05/24/2017 2011 MOTION For Equal Number of Peremptory Challenges by USA as to Eric J. Parker,
O. Scott Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien, Steven A. Stewart. Responses due by
6/7/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/24/2017)

05/24/2017 2010 RESPONSE to 1958 Motion ; filed by USA as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler,
Steven A. Stewart. Replies due by 5/31/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/24/2017)

05/24/2017 2008 MINUTE ORDER IN CHAMBERS of the Honorable Chief Judge Gloria M.
Navarro, as to Gregory P. Burleson on 5/24/2017. By Deputy Clerk: Aaron Blazevich.
On April 24, 2017, a jury found Defendant Gregory Burleson Guilty of Counts 5, 6, 8,
9, 12, 14, 15, and 16. The Court granted the Government's Motion to Dismiss Counts
1 and 2 (ECF No. 1968 ) on May 23, 2017, (Order, ECF No. 1998 ). No other counts
remain pending as to this Defendant. Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that
the Calendar Call scheduled for Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. and Trial
scheduled for Monday, June 26, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. are VACATED as to Defendant
Gregory Burleson ONLY. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − ASB)
(Entered: 05/24/2017)

05/23/2017 2009 MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS − Motion Hearing as to Micah L. McGuire held on
5/23/2017 before Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen. Crtrm Administrator: Jeff Miller;
AUSA: Erin Creegan, Nadia Ahmed; Def Counsel: Randall Roske, Esq.; Recording
start and end times: 1:50:48 − 2:20:19; Courtroom: 3B; Defendant is present. The
Court scheduled these proceedings in regards to Defendant McGuire's Second Motion
to Compel 708 . The Court summarizes the briefing, and first addresses Defense
Counsel, Mr. Roske, as to whether he concurs with the arguments raised by former
Defense Counsel, Mr. Arabia, in the Motion. Mr. Roske concurs. Mr. Roske makes
representations regarding budget concerns. The Court asks Mr. Roske if he would like
additional time to file a Supplement to the Motion, and Mr. Roske represents he
would like the opportunity to file a supplement. Mr. Roske asks for a separate
disclosure from Government Counsel as to what they kept with regards to the
Facebook production as discussed in open court. Government Counsel agrees to
provide the information, as well as how the information was received from Facebook
as directed in open court. The Court seeks additional clarifications from Government
Counsel regarding the materials at issue. IT IS ORDERED: Motion Hearing
CONTINUED to 6/23/2017 09:30 AM in LV Courtroom 3B before Magistrate Judge
Peggy A. Leen. Defendant is remanded to custody.(no image attached) (Copies have
been distributed pursuant to the NEF − JAM) (Entered: 05/24/2017)

05/23/2017 2007 NOTICE of Manual Filing by USA as to Gerald A. Delemus re 2005 Sentencing
Memorandum. CD 1 (Sealed) Exhibit #1 Govt. Sentencing Memorandum re: Gerald
Delemus manually filed with the Clerk's Office. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered:
05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 2005 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM by USA as to Gerald A. Delemus. (Myhre,
Steven) (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 2004 TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings, 1858 Jury Trial,,,, as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien, Steven A. Stewart, Todd C. Engel, Gregory P. Burleson
held on 04/13/2017 before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. Court Reporter: Heather
Newman, HN@nvd.uscourts.gov.. Any Redaction Request is due by 6/13/2017.
Redacted Transcript Deadline is set for 6/23/2017. Release of the Transcript
Restriction is set for 8/21/2017. Before release date, the transcript may be viewed at
the court public terminal or purchased through the Court Reporter. Transcript Order
form is available on court website. After that date it may be obtained through the
Court Reporter or PACER. (HKN) (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 2003 MOTION for Joinder to 1997 Motion for Attorney Conducted Voir Dire, filed by
Richard R. Lovelien. (Perez, Shawn)Modified on 5/23/2017 to create docket entry
relationship (TR). (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 2002 TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings, 1856 Jury Trial,,,, as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien, Steven A. Stewart, Todd C. Engel, Gregory P. Burleson
held on 04/12/2017 before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. Court Reporter: Heather
Restriction is set for 8/21/2017. Before release date, the transcript may be viewed at
the court public terminal or purchased through the Court Reporter. Transcript Order
form is available on court website. After that date it may be obtained through the

05/23/2017 2001 TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings, 1851 Jury Trial,,,, as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
held on 04/10/2017 before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. Court Reporter: Heather
Case: 2:16-cr-00046-GMN-PAL As of: 05/26/2017 10:06 PM PDT 39 of 41

05/23/2017 2000 TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings, 1836 Jury Trial,,,, as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
held on 04/06/2017 before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. Court Reporter: Heather

05/23/2017 1999 ORDER, as to Micah L. McGuire, that 1922 Report and Recommendation is
ACCEPTED and ADOPTED in full. FURTHER ORDERED that 1792 Defendant's
Motion to Dismiss is DENIED. Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 5/23/17.
(Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − MMM) (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 1998 ORDER, as to Gregory P. Burleson (16), that 1968 the Government's Motion to
Dismiss is GRANTED. FURTHER ORDERED that Counts 1 and 2 of the
Superseding Indictment as to Defendant Gregory P. Burleson are DISMISSED
without prejudice. Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 5/23/17. (Copies
have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − MMM) (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/23/2017 1997 MOTION for Attorney Conducted Voir Dire PROPOSED Voir Dire, filed by Steven
A. Stewart as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler, Steven A. Stewart(Tanasi, Richard)
Court modified event on 5/23/2017 (TR). (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/22/2017 1996 ORDER, as to Jason D. Woods (19), that 894 Motion to Reopen Detention Hearing is
DENIED; that 1221 Motion for Hearing on Motion to Reopen Detention Hearing is
DENIED; and that 1933 Ex Parte Motion to Compel is GRANTED to the extent this
motion has now been decided. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen on 5/22/17.
(Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − MMM) (Entered: 05/23/2017)

05/22/2017 1995 MOTION for Joinder to 1971 MOTION for discovery, filed by Ammon E. Bundy.
(Hill, Daniel) Modified on 5/23/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR).
(Entered: 05/22/2017)

05/22/2017 1994 MOTION for Joinder to 1971 MOTION for discovery, filed by Ryan W. Payne.
(Weksler, Brenda) Modified on 5/23/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR).

05/22/2017 1993 MOTION for Joinder to 1971 MOTION for discovery, filed by David H. Bundy.
(Potter, Cal) Modified on 5/23/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR).

05/22/2017 1992 MOTION for Joinder to 1880 Motion to Dismiss on Speedy Trial by David H.
Bundy. (Potter, Cal) Modified on 5/23/2017 to create docket entry relationship
(TR). (Entered: 05/22/2017)

05/22/2017 1990 RESPONSE to 1947 Objection to 1913 Report and Recommendation by USA as to
Ryan C. Bundy . (Myhre, Steven) Modified docket entry relationship on 5/23/2017
(TR). (Entered: 05/22/2017)

05/22/2017 1989 RESPONSE to 1935 Motion for Acquittal ; filed by USA as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott
Drexler, Steven A. Stewart. Replies due by 5/29/2017. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered:
05/22/2017)

05/22/2017 1987 MOTION for Joinder to 1971 MOTION for discovery, filed by Steven A. Stewart as
to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler, Steven A. Stewart. (Tanasi, Richard)Modified on
5/23/2017 to create docket entry relationship (TR). (Entered: 05/22/2017)

05/22/2017 1986 REPLY to Response to 1968 Motion to Dismiss filed by USA as to Gregory P.
Burleson. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/22/2017)

05/19/2017 1985 ORDER Granting 1967 STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (First
Request) to Reply re 1878 Renewed Motion to Dismiss for Destruction of Evidence
as to Ryan W. Payne. Replies due by 5/16/2017. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy
A. Leen on 5/19/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − MMM)
(Entered: 05/19/2017)

05/19/2017 1984 ORDER Granting 1960 STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME (First
Request) to Reply re 1878 Renewed Motion to Dismiss for Destruction of Evidence
as to Ryan W. Payne. Replies due by 5/15/2017. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy
A. Leen on 5/19/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF − MMM)
(Entered: 05/19/2017)

05/19/2017 1983 NOTICE of Intent to Introduce Evidence Admissible under Federal Rule of Evidence
404(b), filed by USA as to Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler, Richard R. Lovelien,
Steven A. Stewart. (Myhre, Steven) (Entered: 05/19/2017)
* Guessing Eric Parker's questions, remarks caused the admonishment? Engel is another possibility, objecting to being dismissed from the courtroom and being hauled off to a holding cell?

Phew! That's a boatload of material to read through in order to pick out the interesting/significant/fun filings. It may take me a day or two. Meanwhile, if anybody else spots something, let me know so I can download it.

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal »

Thanks, NMgirl! It's much appreciated!

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”