Sore Losers and meltdowns

borealis

Post by borealis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Hostess might find a real niche with a new HoHos recipe provided they're willing to move to CO or OR. :P :P

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Some large manufacturers started changing with the push for healthier foods and changing tastes and seem to be doing fine as they transition. They had to get rid of transfats. We were being poisoned by them. Still the companies made a big stink about government regulation and how they would be put out of business.There are some companies I am quite pleased to see go out of business. I will not cry if Papa John's goes out of business. There smaller competitors are already doing a happy dance at the announcements of their raising their prices or closing their stores. \ :D /I really, really hope one of the pizza places that does exceptionally well is the place in Florida where the owner bear hugged President Obama and then was boycotted by Repubs who thought he was disloyal. :D

7rob7

Post by 7rob7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 am

I never liked Twinkies™ much in the first place, but then one time I was staging a play about a deranged misogynist, and gave the actor one with the suggestion that he see what his character would do with it… "Go lewd," I said, or something like that.

I will not go into detail about what he came up with. Suffice to say some things cannot be unseen, and it took us all a while to be able to get back to rehearsal.

The world will not mourn its passing, if the world has any sense.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

Thank goodness it isn't Little Debbie's or we'd starve to death here!

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am

Dr. Egon Spengler: I'm worried, Ray. It's getting crowded in there and all my data points to something big on the horizon.Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big?Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.Winston Zeddemore: That's a big Twinkie.http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... kie_01.jpg
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 am

Thank goodness it isn't Little Debbie's or we'd starve to death here!Even up here in the NW...When I get home from the grocery store, I'd better have some Little Debbie (Oatmeal Cream Pies and brownies that survive the heat of Iraq etc) stuff unless I want to sleep in the shed.Gonna miss the chocolate cream type substance filled cupcakes. Hostess® Cupcakes were always good for a quick sugar rush.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 am

Put a few years on and your doctor will be telling you that lab tests indicate that you should have fewer sugar rushes.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 am

Put a few years on and your doctor will be telling you that lab tests indicate that you should have fewer sugar rushes.I don't eat them, but Ms SueDB isn't diabetic. Thanks for your concern with my blood sugar. I've been around 80 to 100 usually. Had to cut out the Hostess, Little Debbies, and Coke-a-Cola. I exist on Splenda for my tea. One of these days, I will learn to drink hot tea without sweetener..Iced Tea w/lemon/lime straight up is fine with me.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am

MIne hit 101 a couple times... they say 101 to 125 is borderline. 101 is when the doctor started lecturing me.

Shagnastie

Post by Shagnastie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am

Wife is from Pennsylvania and the first time I went up to meet her family, she introduced me to Tastykakes. Don't understand how Hostess survived as long as it has with that competition ... to this day when she goes back for a visit, she takes an empty suitcase and brings it back full of those goodies.While searching for info on the Hostess downfall, I ran across this:[/break1]nydailynews.com/2012-07-24/news/32833121_1_trap-game-commission-wildlife-conservation-officer]http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07 ... on-officer =)) Maybe this is something they could follow up on to stay alive ... BearTrapTwinks!

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Mother Jones, 16 November 2012[link]Franklin Graham: God May Have to Cause "A Complete Economic Collapse" to Save Nation From Obama,http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11 ... apse-obama[/link]"Some conservatives are having a tough time with President Barack Obama's reelection. Take social conservative leader Franklin Graham. In an interview with Newsmax.com, the Rev. Graham, a prominent evangelist and son of top-dog evangelist Billy Graham, maintained that Obama's victory will put the country further along a "path of destruction." And he suggested it would take a "complete economic collapse" to place the United States on a better course and return it to godliness.Graham equated the Obama years with a national rejection of God. "In the last four years, we have begun to turn our backs on God," he said. "We have taken God out of our education system. We have taken him out of government. You have lawyers that sue you every time you mention the name of Jesus Christ in any kind of a public forum." Oddly, Graham ignored the fact that he and other shepherds of the Christian right have griped about such matters for much longer than four years. It didn't start with Obama.As Graham denounced the Obama years, Newsmax's Kathleen Walter asked, "So we've become too secular a nation? How do we bring God back into government?" Graham replied:Maybe God will have to bring our nation down to our knees—to where you just have a complete economic collapse. And maybe at that point, maybe people will again begin to call upon the name of almighty God.Economic calamity was the one option Graham mentioned—as if only such a disaster could move the United States in the right direction."

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Mother Jones, 16 November 2012[link]Franklin Graham: God May Have to Cause "A Complete Economic Collapse" to Save Nation From Obama,http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11 ... apse-obama[/link]So, his vengeful, egomaniacal God is upset that not enough Americans are worshiping him therefore he made the Christian win and the Mormon lose so a complete economic collapse will befall our nation. Got it.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Graham equated the Obama years with a national rejection of God. "In the last four years, we have begun to turn our backs on God," he said. "We have taken God out of our education system. We have taken him out of government. You have lawyers that sue you every time you mention the name of Jesus Christ in any kind of a public forum." Oddly, Graham ignored the fact that he and other shepherds of the Christian right have griped about such matters for much longer than four years. It didn't start with Obama.Depending on which preacher you talk to, this has probably been happening for the past 236 years. Or did it begin after the Meese era?

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Am i totally off base, or will Hostess make millions selling the Hostess line and the right to bake it to some buyer just waiting to get ahold of it in the 'liquidation'?. Theyre made in Canada under license already.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Am i totally off base, or will Hostess make millions selling the Hostess line and the right to bake it to some buyer just waiting to get ahold of it in the 'liquidation'?. Theyre made in Canada under license already.Grupo Bimbo is one of the big names being tossed around. Hostess could become a Bimbo.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 pm

We have heard all the threats about the superrich leaving because the taxes are just too damn high. Once the elections over, they continue to grouse and moan. Very few carry out their threats, however.[/break1]yahoo.com/super-rich-flight-california-not-fast-052127373.html]http://news.yahoo.com/super-rich-flight ... 27373.htmlWhat's this I hear about Mitt and Ann moving to the beach palace in La Jolla with the car elevator but no room for her horses? Does that mean that they are going to be California residents and pay the new Prop 30 rates? We can always use the extra dough.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

What's this I hear about Mitt and Ann moving to the beach palace in La Jolla with the car elevator but no room for her horses? Does that mean that they are going to be California residents and pay the new Prop 30 rates? We can always use the extra dough.Del Mar isn't far away from La Jolla. Just past Torrey Pines. Lots of places for Ann Romney to stable her horses there.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

We have heard all the threats about the superrich leaving because the taxes are just too damn high. Once the elections over, they continue to grouse and moan. Very few carry out their threats, however.Yeah, like Limbaugh's pronouncement that he would move to Costa Rica if Obamacare passed. I did so much praying to FSM {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif but El Rushbo didn't follow through. :cry:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Off Topic
Am i totally off base, or will Hostess make millions selling the Hostess line and the right to bake it to some buyer just waiting to get ahold of it in the 'liquidation'?.Very likely. The "Hostess" name, by itself, is worth a lot of money. I think it would be a breach of the fiduciary duty owed to IBC's shareholders if the name wasn't sold. As noted, Bimbo (and others) are [/break1]go.com/blogs/business/2012/11/twinkies-may-find-buyer-hostess-ceo-says/]interested in buying.At the judge's "suggestion," Hostess and the union [/break1]usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/11/19/twinkies-hostess-mediation/1715415/]will try mediation.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm

We have heard all the threats about the superrich leaving because the taxes are just too damn high. Once the elections over, they continue to grouse and moan. Very few carry out their threats, however.Yeah, like Limbaugh's pronouncement that he would move to Costa Rica if Obamacare passed. I did so much praying to FSM {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif but El Rushbo didn't follow through. :cry:The Limbaugh excuse:

[/break1]rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/03/09/no_i_m_not_moving_to_costa_rica]http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/ ... costa_rica

:roll:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Pat Gund wrote:Del Mar isn't far away from La Jolla. Just past Torrey Pines. Lots of places for Ann Romney to stable her horses there.Rafalca is a dressage horse. Del Mar is just for Thoroughbred race horses. Rafalca has her own nice stable at her training facility at The Acres in Moorpark on up the road a piece. I just noticed that La Jolla was redistricted into the district that Brian Bilbray just lost to Dem Scott Peters. The Romney's will be living in a blue district. :shock: They still have Darryl Issa and Duncan Hunter not far away though. There were a lot of musical chairs down in SoCal this election.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Pat Gund wrote:Del Mar isn't far away from La Jolla. Just past Torrey Pines. Lots of places for Ann Romney to stable her horses there.Rafalca is a dressage horse. Del Mar is just for Thoroughbred race horses. Rafalca has her own nice stable at her training facility at The Acres in Moorpark on up the road a piece. I just noticed that La Jolla was redistricted into the district that Brian Bilbray just lost to Dem Scott Peters. The Romney's will be living in a blue district. :shock: They still have Darryl Issa and Duncan Hunter not far away though. There were a lot of musical chairs down in SoCal this election.You're thinking the Del Mar racetrack. (Though other equestrian events have been held there other than racing) The valley east of I-5 has a metric blortload of ranches. (I used to take Dressage lessons at a ranch about 3 miles east of the racetrack at a ranch off of Via de La Valle, and the Concord Equestrian Center hosts dressage events too. Mary's tack and feed carries supplies for the dressage rider as well)And my heart is filled with joy to hear Brian Bilbray got the boot. (I've had the misfortune to live in both Duncan Hunter AND Darryl Issa's districts at one point or another.)On edit - I went though the Moorpark College Equine Management programme. If things in my life had gone differently, I would have then gone to Meredith Manor in West Virgina and ended up as a ranch manager somewhere. Oh well....That being said, "up the road a piece" is more like "four to six hours, depending on what part of LA's traffic jam you hit :)

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

We have heard all the threats about the superrich leaving because the taxes are just too damn high. Once the elections over, they continue to grouse and moan. Very few carry out their threats, however.Yeah, like Limbaugh's pronouncement that he would move to Costa Rica if Obamacare passed. I did so much praying to FSM {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif but El Rushbo didn't follow through. :cry:The Limbaugh excuse:

[/break1]rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/03/09/no_i_m_not_moving_to_costa_rica]http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/ ... costa_rica

:roll:I did not say I'm going to Costa Rica. The stupid people in the media who cannot trouble themselves to read my transcripts or listen to this program, listen to out of context stuff.Besides, 'ole Rushbaugh is more of a Dominican Republic kind of guy ;)

He later added, chuckling: "I had a great time in the Dominican Republic. Wish I could tell you about it."[/break1]cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/27/national/main1753947.shtml]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/ ... 3947.shtml

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 am

Godless Country TimesLil' Frank says: You have lawyers that sue you every time you mention the name of Jesus Christ in any kind of a public forum.Me: Right Franky, such a chilling affect we just don't hear any talk of Jesus or God anymore in public forums. Lil' Frank: NewsMax is private, right?Me: Ummm, I think so, wait! You have a lawyer on retainer, right?Lil' Frank: Well, shit.

Return to “Presidential Election”