Libertarian Party 2016 - Gary Johnson / Bill Weld?

Suranis

Re: Libertarian Party 2016 - Gary Johnson / Bill Weld?

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 am

John Oliver did a 20 minute segment on the third party candidates last night. Johnson's part starts at around 18:50, and by god, it's one hell of a segment.

His conclusion? Its not a choice of the lesser of 2 evils, it's a choice of the lesser of 4.

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Gary Johnson's idiocy, and his inability to articulate any of his own alleged policy positions, was exposed last night by John Oliver on "Last Week Tonight." I would commend it to anyone who is foolishly thinking of throwing away his vote. Johnson sounded like a buffoon. And Weld was sitting right next to him looking mildly amused.

Johnson is not to be taken seriously.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:48 pm

STATEMENT BY GOV. BILL WELD REGARDING THE FINAL WEEKS OF THIS ELECTION
Oct 25, 2016
Boston, Mass. -- Gov. Bill Weld delivered the following statement this afternoon at a press conference in Boston:
“I would not have stepped out of the swirl of the campaign to make this statement if I did not fear for our country, as I do.

“A President of the United States operates every day under a great deal of pressure — from all sides, and in furtherance of many different agendas. With that pressure comes constant criticism.

“After careful observation and reflection, I have come to believe that Donald Trump, if elected President of the United States, would not be able to stand up to this pressure and this criticism without becoming unhinged and unable to perform competently the duties of his office.

“Mr. Trump has some charisma and panache, and intellectual quickness. These qualities can be entertaining. Yet more than charisma, more even than intellectual ability, is required of a serious candidate for this country’s highest office. A serious candidate for the Presidency of the United States must be stable, and Donald Trump is not stable.
.....<BIG SNIP>.........
“In the final days of this very close race, every citizen must be aware of the power and responsibility of each individual vote. This is not the time to cast a jocular or feel-good vote for a man whom you may have briefly found entertaining. Donald Trump should not, cannot, and must not be elected President of the United States.”
https://www.johnsonweld.com/statement_b ... s_election

https://archive.is/U6NA0
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Gee, one would think that's why he's running with Gary Johnson. Weld doesn't go quite far enough. He will not be in "Twentyfirst Century Profiles in Courage."

boots

Post by boots » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:12 pm

It can definitely be said that Johnson said a lot of stupid crap. The Aleppo thing just being one aspect of that. I do think he had good character, but that wasn't really in dispute (not widely at least). Truth be known, I didn't really like any of the candidates but wished Bill Weld were running as the head of a ticket, which someone as a VP that didn't make skin crawl.

boots

Post by boots » Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 am

To the extent that my vote for Johnson helped elect Trump I apologize. You guys warned me / us. It was a bad move.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:13 am

Techno Luddite wrote:To the extent that my vote for Johnson helped elect Trump I apologize. You guys warned me / us. It was a bad move.
But would you have been able to swing the Electoral College?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat May 20, 2017 7:11 am

Techno Luddite wrote:To the extent that my vote for Johnson helped elect Trump I apologize. You guys warned me / us. It was a bad move.
Did you think Clinton would win handily, therefore she didn't your vote? Not being snarky. Genuinely curious. Have a friend who voted that way. Didn't like Clinton and didn't want to support her, but didn't think Trump had a chance. Of course, she lived in Kansas, so, in her case, it didn't matter.
Goldie reports the party a success and all zombies inebriated eliminated.
ImageImageImage x4

boots

Post by boots » Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 pm

yep

boots

Post by boots » Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
But would you have been able to swing the Electoral College?
No, but I still value being a responsible participant.

Return to “Presidential Election”