Ted Nugent

Maybenaut

Ted Nugent

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm

If you google arrests for guns in carry on luggage and dig back past the first 4 pages (all links to this incident, starting on page 5 do stories of other arrests start appearing) you'll see that this is not a rare occurrence.I agree it's not rare. I think the article said that there 57-some-odd guns found in carry-on luggage in that airport this year alone. But still, given that bringing a gun through airport security is so easily avoided, it's shocking to me that it happens at all, let alone with the regularity it does.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Maybenaut

Ted Nugent

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Maybe she was flying to PA to support Mark Kessler? :lol:

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

John Thomas8

Ted Nugent

Post by John Thomas8 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:55 pm

If you google arrests for guns in carry on luggage and dig back past the first 4 pages (all links to this incident, starting on page 5 do stories of other arrests start appearing) you'll see that this is not a rare occurrence.Apparently the airport with the biggest haul has been Atlanta for some reason.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)Not many seem to be accompanied by nefarious motivations. Actually, none of them do. It's a stupid move but doesn't warrant 100s of news articles it's generating.

She looks kinda old to be nudgie's wife, though.

mimi

Ted Nugent

Post by mimi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Not many seem to be accompanied by nefarious motivations. Actually, none of them doCuz they all said "i forgot". LOL The guns are confiscated and then sold or destroyed. You'd think most people would remember they have them with them.

Chilidog

Ted Nugent

Post by Chilidog » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Not many seem to be accompanied by nefarious motivations. Actually, none of them doCuz they all said "i forgot". LOL The guns are confiscated and then sold or destroyed. You'd think most people would remember they have them with them.An expensive lesson.

Maybenaut

Ted Nugent

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Not many seem to be accompanied by nefarious motivations. Actually, none of them do. It's a stupid move but doesn't warrant 100s of news articles it's generating.Well, I think it's news because Nugent is so opposed to any kind of gun control. He's on the Board of Directors of the NRA. He said, rather famously, that "There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.” His brother Jeffrey Nugent (who apparently disagrees about the whole no-gun-control thing) [link]said,http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013 ... s-gun-show[/link], "Irresponsible gun owners are bad for everyone." Bringing a gun through airport security is neither law abiding nor responsible. For most instances, this wouldn't be news. But considering Nugent's position on gun control and gun safety, it is.

John Thomas8

Ted Nugent

Post by John Thomas8 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Nugent is so opposed to any kind of gun controlYes, he is. What that has to do with a dumb move by somebody not named ted nugent is the puzzling thing.

magdalen77

Ted Nugent

Post by magdalen77 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Maybe she was flying to PA to support Mark Kessler?Why bother carrying the gun with her. She could buy one once she gets here. It's not like we actually have gun control in PA (except in Mark Kessler's tiny pinhead).

Volkonski

Ted Nugent

Post by Volkonski » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Maybe she was flying to PA to support Mark Kessler?Why bother carrying the gun with her. She could buy one once she gets here. It's not like we actually have gun control in PA (except in Mark Kessler's tiny pinhead).So she could protect herself on the way. Lots of libtards flying on planes these days. :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

ArthurWankspittle

Ted Nugent

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Not many seem to be accompanied by nefarious motivations. Actually, none of them doCuz they all said "i forgot". LOL The guns are confiscated and then sold or destroyed. You'd think most people would remember they have them with them.An expensive lesson.Not really, you could just steal another one from some bimbo who can't remember whether or not she has one in her bag.

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Patagoniagirl

Ted Nugent

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:56 am

Oh puhleeze, you don't "forget" a fucking gun in your carryon luggage. How did it get there? Did the cat put it there while you were out of the fucking room. :twisted: If you're gonna flaunt 'em, own it and pay for it.I once went through security with an old camping pack as my carry on. In a zippered compartment on the inside (lots of compartments in the bag) I had a knife. And not a pen knife. I was shocked, apologized, the knife was confiscated and I proceeded red faced on through with scowling passengers behind me. Now I check and double check all my ratty old bags before travel. :oops:

Whatever4

Ted Nugent

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 am

A few months ago I took a bus from the Guest House to FEMA Camp 7.5. I packed a lunch that included peanut butter and gluten-free crackers. I also packed a small icing spatula/jam spreader, which is a wide-blade knife. I forgot about it in my backpack. TSA didnt notice it until the 4th trip through airport security, months later. I'm not sure if LAX TSA was extra-vigilant that time, or if none of the other agents thought it was an issue.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Whatever4

Ted Nugent

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am

How do you forget you have a gun in your purse, carry-on? [link]Happens all the time,http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/05/tsa-week-in ... earms.html[/link]If you follow Gibbs' Rule #9, it's easy to forget you've got a knife in your bag.[link]The rest of the rules.,http://www.gibbsrules.com/[/link]

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

ZekeB

Ted Nugent

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:43 am

How do you forget you have a gun in your purse, carry-on? [link]Happens all the time,http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/05/tsa-week-in ... earms.html[/link]If you follow Gibbs' Rule #9, it's easy to forget you've got a knife in your bag.Makes you wonder why she would have a concealed carry permit. I presume she has said permit. When you really need the gun you don't even know you have it.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

kate520

Ted Nugent

Post by kate520 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Not intending to go through security, I left my 4" Leatherman knife tool thingy in my purse when my niece's plane was delayed and she had to wait three hours at the airport. I forgot that it was there and TSA didn't find it when I went through to keep her company. :-?

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

ZekeB

Ted Nugent

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Do they even let you to the gates anymore if you don't have a ticket? Seems they wouldn't the last time I went to the passenger terminal.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

kate520

Ted Nugent

Post by kate520 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Do they even let you to the gates anymore if you don't have a ticket? Seems they wouldn't the last time I went to the passenger terminal.They do if you are accompanying a minor.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SueDB

Ted Nugent

Post by SueDB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Do they even let you to the gates anymore if you don't have a ticket? Seems they wouldn't the last time I went to the passenger terminal.They do if you are accompanying a minor.I've taken my brother up to the airport a number of times. He gets around with a cane, and we always ask for wheelchair service as he can't walk that far. They let me go out and accompany him to the gate as an attendant. Then I get to pay an outrageous amount of money for parking - & take my financial butthurt on home. ;)

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Whatever4

Ted Nugent

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Do they even let you to the gates anymore if you don't have a ticket? Seems they wouldn't the last time I went to the passenger terminal.They do if you are accompanying a minor.I've taken my brother up to the airport a number of times. He gets around with a cane, and we always ask for wheelchair service as he can't walk that far. They let me go out and accompany him to the gate as an attendant. Then I get to pay an outrageous amount of money for parking - & take my financial butthurt on home. ;)It's cheaper to get a wheelchair and tip the attendant. Some airports don't even let the guys accept tips.

-- Sen. King (I-ME)

SueDB

Ted Nugent

Post by SueDB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:31 am

They do if you are accompanying a minor.I've taken my brother up to the airport a number of times. He gets around with a cane, and we always ask for wheelchair service as he can't walk that far. They let me go out and accompany him to the gate as an attendant. Then I get to pay an outrageous amount of money for parking - & take my financial butthurt on home. ;)It's cheaper to get a wheelchair and tip the attendant. Some airports don't even let the guys accept tips.He does buy my lunch... :D

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

John Thomas8

Ted Nugent

Post by John Thomas8 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 am

teddie's been dropped to the minors:

Ted Nugent To Serve As Co-Chairman Of Texas Pol's Campaign ([/break1]com/livewire/ted-nugent-to-serve-as-co-chairman-of-texas-pol-s-campaign]Ted Kludt, TPM)

jonbeck

Ted Nugent

Post by jonbeck » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:36 am

Ted Nugent To Serve As Co-Chairman Of Texas Pol's Campaign (Ted Kludt, TPM)Maybe Kessler could get a job as security, Ted would be the perfect employer for him.

Emma

Ted Nugent

Post by Emma » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:37 pm

I was stopped and questioned for having a [/break1]hospira.com/Images/2049-02A_32-3832_1.jpg]carpuject in my purse:

Return to “Lesser Lights”