Leo Donofrio

Slarti the White

Re: Leo Donofrio

Post by Slarti the White » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 pm

A comment by Rob Stuart on Leo's Moon Hoax Now YouTube page:
[Snip debunking of Leo's arguments from the movie]

So all in all: 10 points for effort, Jet, but zero points for compelling evidence. Your video is like all the other videos by hoax claimers: you have your (deluded) belief; you go looking for 'evidence' to support it; you find something that SEEMS to support your belief; your belief strengthens. That's not scientific method. Scientific method is to postulate a hypothesis that matches the observed phenomena rather well. Then -- and this is hugely important -- try to shoot holes in your own hypothesis; try to disprove it. If it withstands all your attempts, and the attempts of your scientific peers, to disprove it, it MAY be a reasonable hypothesis -- until someone else succeeds in shooting it down or coming up with another hypothesis that more closely matches the observed phenomena. You, clearly, are unwilling and/or incapable of thinking critically about your own belief. Why? Because you stand to gain something from propagating it here: ego gratification and cheap sensationalism. You imagine that you are quite clever and that other hoax claimers will congratulate you and think you are cool. But you're not. You're a loser; you're a sad case; you're deluding yourself and deliberately misleading others, some of whom are impressionable, gullible and easily swayed by unscientific arguments such as yours.

Finally, I find it EXTREMELY HYPOCRITICAL of you to claim that you admire these astronauts, when you are actually accusing them of being fakers and liars. Many of them, sadly, are no longer with us. That is why I am attacking you, on their behalf. Because they are my greatest heroes and my heart bursts with pride when I think of their wonderful bravery, dedication, hard work, perseverence and achievements. All astronauts - and cosmonauts - will hate you for what you are doing here. You are pissing on the legacy of incredibly courageous men who had the cojones to sit atop a highly explosive Saturn V rocket and cruise for days through the vacuum of space, risk an extremely dangerous landing on the moon and then work fully exposed to the vacuum of space, then risk being stranded there and running out of oxygen, and countless other possible mishaps. You are pissing on their graves and their monuments. And they did it for all of humanity -- including you -- and for the advancement of science. So in my eyes, that makes you far less than a worm. Unfortunately, I don't believe in hell, but I wish such a place existed and that your miserable little soul could roast in it for eternity. You and all the other malevolent, vandalistic bastards who propagate and subscribe to these ludicrous theories. How dare you accuse these heroes of faking it. Shame on you.
Very well said. :like:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 am

Leo Donofrio / Jet Wintzer / Paraclete / whatever has launched a new business.

He's now in the dating app biz.

A Dating App Company is Trying to Become the New Tinder for Wearables

Posted on Oct 26, 2015
Ever see someone in the store, walking by, or sitting in a car at a red light that you would love to meet, but the opportunity passes you by? Well, then, here’s an invention for you. You can connect with that offline person through the person’s online profile.

Making the hook up possible is GPS indicator technology.

A new location-based mobile dating app called Bumpurr has filed a provisional patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for a wearable offline GPS indicator that is embedded in the label of clothing.

The provisional application established the October 6, 2015, filing date, but the filing does not become an issued patent until Bumpurr files a non-provisional patent application within one year. A provisional patent gives the company time to complete its patent claims, inventors’ oath of declarations, and information disclosure statement.

The company has received a trademark for the Bumpurr brand, including its name and logo.

Jet Wintzer, founder of the New Brunswick, New Jersey, location-based GPS-guided mobile dating app/streetwear line, says its unique offline GPS transmitter logo will be embedded in the company’s own line of streetwear clothing and accessories.

Wintzer explains, “When a member of the Bumpurr community wears a product embedded with the logo while logged into the app on their GPS enabled mobile phone, the logo transforms the online digital GPS beacon emitting from the user’s handset into an offline GPS indicator.”
I know you wanna know more about this. Go here to read the rest:

http://www.lspatents.com/blog/a-dating- ... -wearables

bumpurr facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/bumpurr/

twitter:
https://twitter.com/bumpurr1

You can prolly get in on the ground floor of this thing. :smoking:

Slarti the White

Post by Slarti the White » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 am

mimi wrote:Leo Donofrio / Jet Wintzer / Paraclete / whatever has launched a new business.

He's now in the dating app biz.

A Dating App Company is Trying to Become the New Tinder for Wearables

[snip]

I know you wanna know more about this. Go here to read the rest:

http://www.lspatents.com/blog/a-dating- ... -wearables

bumpurr facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/bumpurr/

twitter:
https://twitter.com/bumpurr1

You can prolly get in on the ground floor of this thing. :smoking:
Good for Leo! He's actually trying to do something honest. Maybe if he can stay away from the conspiracy nonsense he can become a productive human being. I wish him nothing but success in this venture.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:05 am

Slartibartfast wrote:A comment by Rob Stuart on Leo's Moon Hoax Now YouTube page:
So all in all: 10 points for effort, Jet, but zero points for compelling evidence.
I don't give points for effort when the effort is motivated by stupidity, dishonesty, or both.

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 am

Foggy wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:A comment by Rob Stuart on Leo's Moon Hoax Now YouTube page:
So all in all: 10 points for effort, Jet, but zero points for compelling evidence.
I don't give points for effort when the effort is motivated by stupidity, dishonesty, or both.
I can't see that there was any real effort involved, at least of the honest variety, so don't think he gets a pass there either.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:40 am

Why doesn't Donofrio cut to the chase and just name his new mobile app company "Cyberstalk Me"?

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:48 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Why doesn't Donofrio cut to the chase and just name his new mobile app company "Cyberstalk Me"?
Or Hookers R US - It's would be an enormous boon to prostitution. Customers and vendors could check on each other's locations for the meet up - you know - make sure at least one of them isn't a cop...

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

realist

Post by realist » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Why doesn't Donofrio cut to the chase and just name his new mobile app company "Cyberstalk Me"?
Exactly.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 am

I'm sure Ashley Madison is looking for a new app. ;)

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

bob

Post by bob » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu May 16, 2019 5:25 pm

“Bumpurr”? Is this the Onion again?

bob

Post by bob » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:25 pm
“Bumpurr”? Is this the Onion again?
Here's Bumpurr's "most recent" social media posting:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Bumpurr sounds like a lame twit euphemism for flatulence, doesn’t it?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Return to “Lesser Lights”