Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

E07633CE-ECFB-471B-B8E7-02B07A69A4C8.jpeg
E07633CE-ECFB-471B-B8E7-02B07A69A4C8.jpeg (34.34 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That musta been some Friday.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Scientists have recently determined that people with the most birthdays live the longest.
tek

Post by tek »

Didn't find the resurrected "problems" thread.. so..

fogbow via HTTPS is giving me a SSL_ERROR_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT .. firefox and chrome..
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Same here. The secure version isn't working, but I got in using the unsecured version just now.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Same here.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 pm https:// twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1365388519754072077

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
Record low flu cases this season. Obviously a multitude of reasons why. 1499 cases for the season(Sept-Feb) so far. Was 174,037 at this point last year. https://cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm
I guess social distancing and lockdowns prevent the flu from finding new targets.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:34 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 pm https:// twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1365388519754072077

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
Record low flu cases this season. Obviously a multitude of reasons why. 1499 cases for the season(Sept-Feb) so far. Was 174,037 at this point last year. https://cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm
I guess social distancing and lockdowns prevent the flu from finding new targets.
That is just so weird.
Lani

Post by Lani »

And less traveling. I think Hawaii has confirmed about 6 cases, 0 on some islands.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Also too, face masks will be a great contributor in preventing the flu from spreading, especially on public transport.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 am A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
Wonderful. :)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I feel old now. :( ;)

Stephen Fry
@stephenfry
Celebrate the unique talent of Douglas Adams on 11 March. Watch a fantastic group of speakers to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of Douglas’ book, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Sign up and join here: https://bit.ly/3rfXSFf #DouglasAdams #SaveTheRhino #h2g2 #dirkgently
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 am A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
That's wonderful news.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

So glad to hear she's doing better and hope she maintains that weight.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So you're saying you should have pushed her down months ago, huh?

I'll go sit in the corner for a spell now ... :oops:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
French boat ‘Grain de Sail’ hauls cacao across the Atlantic with sail power in a bid to make the movement of goods by sea carbon-neutral https://reut.rs/37LwVSP
I seem to recall that shipping things on wind-driven ships used to be routine. ;)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I'm not engaged enough lately to root around and see which threads are created at this point. But this is just too cute not to share. I'd love to put it somewhere where it won't get lost in a million other postings, it's just too cute. We need a "too cute for words" thread.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 am
So glad to hear she's doing better and hope she maintains that weight.
If she is needing extra weight, I would gladly donate to the cause.

It's great to hear she is doing better.
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

adwl5ri53mk61.jpg
adwl5ri53mk61.jpg (72.82 KiB) Viewed 9053 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/yard-sale-fi ... 33e0403081
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Talk about your yard sale finds. A small porcelain bowl bought for $35 at a Connecticut yard sale turned out to be a rare, 15th century Chinese artifact worth between $300,000 and $500,000 that is about to go up for auction at Sotheby’s.

The white bowl adorned with cobalt blue paintings of flowers and other designs is about 6 inches (16 centimeters) in diameter. An antiques enthusiast came across the piece and thought it could be something special when browsing a yard sale in the New Haven area last year, according to Sotheby’s.

The piece, one of only seven such bowls known to exist in the world, will be up for auction in New York on March 17 as part of Sotheby’s Auction of Important Chinese Art.

The buyer, whom is not being named, paid the $35 asking price and later emailed information and photos to Sotheby’s asking for an evaluation. The auction house’s experts on Chinese ceramics and art, Angela McAteer and Hang Yin, get many such emails every week, but this was one of the kind they dream about.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

I lost my appetite in March 2020. I didn't even think about food. Occasionally I realized that I probably should eat. That's how I learned that I couldn't taste or smell anything. Over the past year, my tummy has grumbled 3 times. <sigh> Smell & taste had slowly improved somewhat, but I was down to 107 and still had no desire to eat. I'm short, but that's definitely too low.

Pot isn't legal here yet, so I couldn't try it without going through a lengthy and expensive procedure. Then my doctor and I looked into medications that have side-effects of weight gain and drowsiness, two things I struggle with. We found one that looks safe. I now have the lowest dosage pill, which I cut in half. The 2nd night, I suddenly wanted brownies. :lol: Fortunately, I had the mix, and at 1 am I was happily enjoying fresh baked brownies. And then I slept. Today I ate lunch. I think it's working! :D
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Happy Birthday

Post by mojosapien »

Let's keep it basic.
<< 60 today>>
....let's keep it to the governors.....

Thought I had crashed the RI thread a few days ago....
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:D :D :D :D :D
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Addie is missing. I think she's on sabbatical or sumpin'. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “General Stuff”