have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by zekeb »

My local pharmacy used the through the round band aid method when I got my flu shot. She used a regular strip band aid when she poked me this morning.
Largo al factotum.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:19 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am On the bright side, my first Pfizer stick did not result in me getting Guillain-Barré again. Tomorrow will be a week. Fingers crossed. :D
So that's why the Fogbow went down!! Your vaccination!
It was the microchips that crashed the server :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:23 am Two questions for those of you who have had the vaccine:

Did you do the follow-up with the CDC?

I signed up, was contacted through an app every day for the first week, now once a week.

Did anybody else get a bull's eye band aid?

It was put on before the injection, and then the pharmacist put the needle in the middle of the band aid where it was a clear substance. I assumed it was some sort of standard for this particular vaccine, then realized I've probably seen dozens of people get poked the normal way on TV, so that couldn't be it. I finally saw someone getting a shot through it, but only once. I'm just curious. Bull's eye is my term for it.
Bare arm injection, then the plain band aid. I didn't receive any instructions about contacting the CDC, just verbal instructions about how to deal with a sore arm (drink lots of water, take OTC pain meds, and move the arm around.) When my husband got his shot two weeks ago, it was also bare arm. He received a handout with all kinds of info and links to FDA/CDC and Pfizer to report any adverse side effects.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

My wife receives a bunch of literature. They asked me if I wanted any. I told them that I'd read hers.
Largo al factotum.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Stonekettle has had his first jab, but is a bit annoyed at people’s (Florida man) attitude to masks; thread:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
June bug

Post by June bug »

I got my first Feb. 8 and the second last Monday. Pfizer, bare arm, cotton ball and sticky tape over it.

Hub got his (Moderna) earlier through the VA, but he’s over 75.

No side effects except a short-term sore arm for either of us. I enrolled both of us with the CDC follow up.

Daughter and her boyfriend will visit us weekend after next, after I clear my first two weeks. They haven’t had shots yet but we’re going to relax the rules a little for this visit. REAL HUGS!!!!...but with masks. Can’t wait!

No indoor restaurants yet here, but outdoors is ok and weather’s pretty nice for that. My gym set up in the parking lot with overhead canopies and all the equipment. Need reservations but they’re doable.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm My wife and I both got our first Moderna shots at UCI a month ago. She is scheduled for her second shot this Saturday; I was supposed to get mine Sunday, but they're now saying they may need to push that back because of shortages. Fingers crossed.
They finally gave me an appointment for Sunday, so we both should be good.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

My right arm is sore, but not uncomfortably so. My head feels different. It's not a headache. It's something I can't quite describe. I was told to wear a short sleeved shirt for the vaccination, which I did. I got the bright idea to stop at the local big box hardware store and get some wire rope on my way home. It was a blustery day and I may have picked up a slight cold.
Largo al factotum.
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am On the bright side, my first Pfizer stick did not result in me getting Guillain-Barré again. Tomorrow will be a week. Fingers crossed. :D
Hello fellow GBS brother. 😉. My bought was 35 years ago. I was SO thrilled to hear while looking a lathe risk for a potential reoccurrence of GBS wasn’t part of the emergency studies, there aren’t any contradictions to a Hx of GBS and receiving an mRNA vaccine. I’m a month out from my 2nd dose and I’ve had no issues. Hope your experience is the same.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Making my plans for my 90 minute drive to Bradenton Monday afternoons.

- Wondering if CVS lets you use their bathrooms. I do have a cute little portapotty that fits on the floor of the back seat of my car, but that involves finding a deserted road, and since it's straight highway from here to B'ton, that might not work. Gonna play it by ear. Sorry if TMI, but seriously, given the amount of convo this past year on what to do about bathrooms when on the road, I'm surprised there's not a topic on the Fogbow! :D

- So I have a fifty year history of vasovagal syncope, meaning I frequently have a fainting reaction to certain triggers. Getting a shot is one of those triggers. My routine is to alert shot-givers to this fact, and if possible, be reclining for the shot and for a few minutes after. That's probably not going to be an option at CVS B'ton, so I'm planning to sit in a chair and warn them that if I feel it coming on, I'm going to lie on the floor, and that they should in no way worry about it. I'll bring a beach towel and ice in a thermos (ice on the back of the neck helps it go away more quickly). Then I'll cross my fingers and hope it doesn't kick in. Given all the chatter about anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions, I'm a bit dreaded being a distraction or making other vaccine-getters worried. There is--trust me--no way to prevent it. If it kicks in, it usually take about 20 minutes to go away. I wish I had a big sign that read, "No, Really, I'm Fine."
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Besides the driving, there is the waiting. I checked in yesterday and had my shot 15 mins before I was scheduled. Then there was the mandatory 15 minute wait and the scheduling for the second shot. If you are on a diuretic, I'd skip it on that day. Just let them know ahead of time of what they might encounter. No rest stops in a 90 min drive? Isn't there a c-store to be found anywhere?
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

zekeb wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:42 am Besides the driving, there is the waiting. I checked in yesterday and had my shot 15 mins before I was scheduled. Then there was the mandatory 15 minute wait and the scheduling for the second shot. If you are on a diuretic, I'd skip it on that day. Just let them know ahead of time of what they might encounter. No rest stops in a 90 min drive? Isn't there a c-store to be found anywhere?
I don’t use public bathrooms, is the point. There are no mask regulations in Florida. Most people who are out and about do not mask. Hence.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am
zekeb wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:42 am Besides the driving, there is the waiting. I checked in yesterday and had my shot 15 mins before I was scheduled. Then there was the mandatory 15 minute wait and the scheduling for the second shot. If you are on a diuretic, I'd skip it on that day. Just let them know ahead of time of what they might encounter. No rest stops in a 90 min drive? Isn't there a c-store to be found anywhere?
I don’t use public bathrooms, is the point. There are no mask regulations in Florida. Most people who are out and about do not mask. Hence.
I do the same, but in absolute emergencies, lobby restrooms (hotels, hospitals, etc) are probably your best option.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 am
p0rtia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am
I do the same, but in absolute emergencies, lobby restrooms (hotels, hospitals, etc) are probably your best option.
I will see if there is a hotel nearby. Thanks for the tip. Also, Home Depot an Lowe's stores all have mask mandates; that would work. Last summer/fall up north, I visited a local clinic several times for that reason. Though the two clinics I've been to down here quiz you the minute you get in the door.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Portia-

Vasovagal syncope sister! My episodes are totes random, but I do have an aura so I can lie down with feet up or sit for 20 minutes or so. I like the idea of a sign. :D Most people can see my body freeze and my face go white. It happened in court a couple of times. Good times!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:51 am Portia-

Vasovagal syncope sister! My episodes are totes random, but I do have an aura so I can lie down with feet up or sit for 20 minutes or so. I like the idea of a sign. :D Most people can see my body freeze and my face go white. It happened in court a couple of times. Good times!
Sistah! OMG, I bet we could trade stories. Happened twice that I can remember last year. Including a routine visit to the optometrist. Pfff. He got all super-caring, which was nice of him, but for him super-caring meant going slowly. Had to tell him, no really, get it over with--drawing it out only makes it worse. Just do the damn eye test!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:23 am Making my plans for my 90 minute drive to Bradenton Monday afternoons.

- Wondering if CVS lets you use their bathrooms.
My CVS, which is fairly new (a few years) has no public restroom for customers. HOWEVER, in this circumstance, you're technically a patient receiving medical treatment and I'm betting they will make accommodation, don't ya think?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

neonzx wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:10 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:23 am Making my plans for my 90 minute drive to Bradenton Monday afternoons.

- Wondering if CVS lets you use their bathrooms.
My CVS, which is fairly new (a few years) has no public restroom for customers. HOWEVER, in this circumstance, you're technically a patient receiving medical treatment and I'm betting they will make accommodation, don't ya think?
Hoping so. I plan to call the CVS Monday morning and ask if they're letting vaccine recipients use the rest room. So my plan is pretty much set. I checked and there is a Home Depot right off the exit in Bradenton, about ten minutes from the CS. I don't have a problem with Home Depot, really.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:42 pm
Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm My wife and I both got our first Moderna shots at UCI a month ago. She is scheduled for her second shot this Saturday; I was supposed to get mine Sunday, but they're now saying they may need to push that back because of shortages. Fingers crossed.
They finally gave me an appointment for Sunday, so we both should be good.
We have now both received our second shots. Yay!
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Woo-hoo! I just scheduled an appointment for my first shot!

I tried the Walmarts in the Cities and saw an open appointment at the Walmart in my suburb, but it disappeared before I could book it. I couldn’t find any other open appointments in the Cities. So I checked where my brother lives, an hour south of the Cities... lots of appointments! I don’t mind an hour drive! So I’m getting my shot Wednesday at noon.
jmj

Post by jmj »

I suspect it will be many months before I get mine since I'm healthy and in my 40s, but my wife (elligible as a middle school teacher here in Minnesota) got an appointment and will get her first shot this week.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't qualify yet, I turn 64 next month, but Hubs lucked out. The county called me last week and he heads to the local airport tomorrow for his first - Moderna . It's only a 45 minute drive, compared to our neighbors who are driving 2-3 hours for Publix shots.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Operation Get Vaccinated is in full swing. Appointment in Bradenton is 4:15. I leave at 1:30 to allow time for routine delays.

- I have called the CVS and they are allowing the public to use their bathrooms.

- I have a beach towel and ice packed in case my vasovagal kicks in.

- I have a sticky note to remind me: Right Arm.

ETD: 1 h 18 min
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jmj

Post by jmj »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am Operation Get Vaccinated is in full swing. Appointment in Bradenton is 4:15. I leave at 1:30 to allow time for routine delays.

- I have called the CVS and they are allowing the public to use their bathrooms.

- I have a beach towel and ice packed in case my vasovagal kicks in.

- I have a sticky note to remind me: Right Arm.

ETD: 1 h 18 min
Good luck. Hopefully the towel and ice is unnecessary ;)

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”