Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Lauren Boebert - Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by raison de arizona »

Did you catch her dress, they were calling her a stupider version of Sarah Palin.

Lock ‘em up!
Much like the terrorist she is, Boebert claims credit.
Lauren Boebert @laurenboebert wrote: When Biden said flag draped coffins I couldn't stay silent. I told him directly he did it. He put 13 in there.

Our heroic servicemen and women deserve so much better.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:55 pm Or as Shakespeare put it "By my life, this is my lady’s hand. These be her very c’s, her u’s, and her t’s, and thus makes she her great P’s. It is in contempt of question her hand."
Well, cross my garters! If it isn't a quote from Twelfth Night, my favorite Shakespeare play...
raison de arizona

When Joe Wilson yelled out "You lie!" at Obama's SOTU, he was forced by leadership to apologized to Obama, then he was officially reprimanded. That's the least Boebert should, iffin' you ask me she should be censured. Anyway, here she is shooting off her fool mouth again today.
In a post-#SOTU interview, Lauren Boebert launched a homophobic attack against Pete Buttigieg:

“Mayor Pete's busy getting knocked up and learning how to chestfeed.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:10 am Did you catch her dress, they were calling her a stupider version of Sarah Palin.
Its hard to imagine anyone more stupid than Sarah Palin, but Ms. Boebert may have achieved that lofty goal.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Makes a turnip look like a rocket scientist.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:18 pm
Its hard to imagine anyone more stupid than Sarah Palin, but Ms. Boebert may have achieved that lofty goal.
I don't think so sir... :fingerwag:

Qbert is closing in, but she gave up a good lead to Tinfoil-Greed out of the starting gate...

We here in GA have the proud distinction of sending the craziest cat ladies from both parties to Congress :guntootin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Qbert is closing in, but she gave up a good lead to Tinfoil-Greed out of the starting gate...

We here in GA have the proud distinction of sending the craziest cat ladies from both parties to Congress :guntootin:
I only said that Boebert was stupider than Sarah Palin, not that Emptygee wasn't even worse.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:59 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:19 pm

I only said that Boebert was stupider than Sarah Palin, not that Emptygee wasn't even worse.
Remember when y’all thought Gohmert had to be the bottom rung? Good times.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Cynthia may have been crazy but she wasn’t stupid.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The one I saw had a caption that said "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right."
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh, I like that!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Definitely on point!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Boebert: I don’t know who is running the federal government these days, Joe Biden or Prince John uhh from uhhh uhh Prince John
Prince John??? :crazy:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Someone should remind her the last tax bill that was passed was forced down our throats by Republicans, who had a huge party on the White House grounds after selling our country out to the 1%. If she wants to complain about the taxes paid by the rest of us, including her, she can go to the Senate side and ask for an audience with Moscow Mitch.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 pm Someone should remind her the last tax bill that was passed was forced down our throats by Republicans, who had a huge party on the White House grounds after selling our country out to the 1%. If she wants to complain about the taxes paid by the rest of us, including her, she can go to the Senate side and ask for an audience with Moscow Mitch.
And the middle class idiots who cheer it, don't know those tax cuts expire in 2024, meanwhile those for the rich expire next never year...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Lani

Post by Lani »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:00 am The one I saw had a caption that said "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right."
A bit rude, but I laffed anyway. A lot.
Boebert & Greene.jpg
Boebert & Greene.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 pm Someone should remind her the last tax bill that was passed was forced down our throats by Republicans, who had a huge party on the White House grounds after selling our country out to the 1%. If she wants to complain about the taxes paid by the rest of us, including her, she can go to the Senate side and ask for an audience with Moscow Mitch.
And the middle class idiots who cheer it, don't know those tax cuts expire in 2024, meanwhile those for the rich expire next never year...
Trump's "tax cuts" cost me a lot of money.

I just went through a simple exercise. I calculated my effective tax rate for the years 2015 - 2021. In the years 2015 - 2017, my effective tax rate (total tax liability divided by AGI) was 7.2-7.7 percent. In 2018 (the first year of Trump's "tax cuts"), it jumped to 9.4 percent and stayed there for the following years.

If I had the ambition, I would recalculate my 2021 taxes using the 2017 rules (or recalculate my 2017 taxes using the 2021 rules). That would be a more accurate comparison. I'm not sure that I want to know that badly.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:58 am
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm
Trump's "tax cuts" cost me a lot of money.

I just went through a simple exercise. I calculated my effective tax rate for the years 2015 - 2021. In the years 2015 - 2017, my effective tax rate (total tax liability divided by AGI) was 7.2-7.7 percent. In 2018 (the first year of Trump's "tax cuts"), it jumped to 9.4 percent and stayed there for the following years.

If I had the ambition, I would recalculate my 2021 taxes using the 2017 rules (or recalculate my 2017 taxes using the 2021 rules). That would be a more accurate comparison. I'm not sure that I want to know that badly.
Not trying to dig into your personal affairs, Noble.

My suspicions are that you had a sum of "miscellaneous itemized deductions," like investment fees, union dues, tax prep fees (if any) that are deductible under Section 212 subject to the dreaded 2% haircut. You may also have had deductible taxes capped at 10K if you pay enough state income tax and property tax. The Trumpian Tax Act eliminated the former. The standard deduction was increased to help offset these losses. In addition, the deduction for personal exemptions went adios as well.

I've seen this occurrence. People with modest incomes, not six figures mind you, actually did have slight income tax increases because their deductions from AGI and personal exemptions were greater under the old rules than the new! and improved! standard deduction under the new rules.

The IRS compiles a mountain of data each year regarding income taxes that is submitted to Congress. There is so much data provided. I am not clear on the granularity of said data. Suffice to say that this information helps the congresscritters forecast the effects of tweaking (yet again) the Code to raise tax revenue or keep it constant.

I think that it will be difficult to extend these provisions as they sunset over the next few years. They were originally passed under the Senate rules of "reconcilation," which meant that the bill could originate in the upper chamber, but had to have a time limit not to exceed ten years. Of course if the Rethuglicans regain control of the legislature and the White House in '25, they could be extended.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

Boebert doesn't know who is running the federal government. You could knock me over with a feather, so astonished am I. I encourage everyone to tweet at her who our commander-in-chief is.
Boebert: I don’t know who is running the federal government these days, Joe Biden or Prince John uhh from uhhh uhh Prince John
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Sheriff of Nottingham
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Time for Magna Carta 2022 version to stick it to prince John.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Clearly she must have meant The Artist Formerly Known As Prince John.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”