Larry Klayman

Notorial Dissent

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:53 am

bob wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:22 am
Renew America:
Klayman wrote:I am almost embarrassed with myself with being right 100 percent of the time.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
And here I thought that was Blovario's mantra.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:29 am

bob wrote:
Renew America:
Klayman wrote:I am almost embarrassed with myself with being right 100 percent of the time.
PS Send Money

Oh wait.. it was not even PS, it was the conclusion to his spiel.
Go to www.freedomwatchusa.org and enlist and support our Justice League if you really want to do something other than watch and drink the Kool Aid!
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:15 am

bob wrote:
Renew America:
Just a lead-in to the grift:
So my dear fellow patriots, it's time to get off of the couch, put the popcorn and other treats down, turn off the likes of Fox News, and really get to work on peacefully and legally preserving our God given freedoms and liberties. Go to www.freedomwatchusa.org and enlist and support our Justice League if you really want to do something other than watch and drink the Kool Aid!

bob

Post by bob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Klayman tweets about some article because it was written by the reporter who first published an article about Klayman's grossly inappropriate behavior.

Except Klayman can't remember that this reporter's work appeared in City Pages, not the PNT. (Klayman unsuccessfully sued both for defamation.)
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:44 am

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 am
As a reminder, a week from Tuesday (Tuesday 17 September), at 9:30 am, In Re Larry Klayman. This is for his first discipline issue where the board recommended a 90 day suspension but no fitness requirement.

For those who want to be BOTI (Boots on the Internet), it looks like the have live streaming from at least some courtrooms along with an archive.

https://www.dccourts.gov/court-of-appea ... -arguments
Hmm... Their Oral Arguments link (the one above) is not responding. It would not help me anyway as I will be working at 9:30 (8:30 Central Daylight time).
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:30 AM
No. 18-BG-0100 IN RE LARRY E. KLAYMAN, BOARD DOCKET NO. 13-
BD-84, BAR REGISTRATION NO. 334581
H. Clay Smith, III, Esquire
Stephen A. Bogorad, Esquire

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:48 am

I'm listening to the hearing. Clay Smith, counsel for the disciplinary board is awful. He's lobbed a softball about Rotunda's ethics opinion. He hits maybe a single.

Bogorad is smoother. He sounds like Michael Cohen. But he's got an uphill battle.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am

I presume Klayman is representing himself.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:36 pm

FIFbob:
bob wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am
I presume Klayman is misrepresenting himself.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am
I presume Klayman is representing himself.
Nope. Represented by the Michael Cohen sound-alike, Stephen A. Bogorad. He did a creditable job with a losing case. Clay Smith was just awful. It sounded like he read the briefs this morning on the subway on the way to the hearing.

Prediction: Klayman will lose and get the discipline proposed.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 pm
Prediction: Klayman will lose and get the discipline proposed.
Which, IIRC, is 90 days (with no fitness-tail). And Klayman inevitably will appeal the decision to SCOTUS. So it may be a while still.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:12 pm

So he didn't yet again a way to dodge the hearing. Will wonders never cease.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 am

When is the hearing where the 30 month suspension was recommended?

I think it was 30 months.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

mimi wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:04 am
When is the hearing where the 30 month suspension was recommended?

I think it was 30 months.
The 33 month suspension with fitness requirement was recently recommended by the hearing committee. It would still go through the board of professional responsibility and then the COA. The one that just went to the COA had the hearing committee recommendation in June 2017 and the board in February 2018. Assuming GIL did not slow up the current one with his lawsuits, I suppose that would result in the next one being on the calendar for fall 2021.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Love seeing you Mimi! xox

Here's WaPo with the Klayman stuff... Seems like Klayman was trying to pull an Orly Taitz/Charles Edward Lincoln play.
Ethics panel for D.C. bar seeks to suspend conservative attorney Larry Klayman for 33 months
By Spencer S. Hsu July 25, 2019 at 7:14 p.m. EDT

A legal ethics panel for members of the District of Columbia bar has recommended suspending conservative attorney Larry Klayman from practicing law for 33 months for “egregious” misconduct in 2010 while representing a woman who refused his romantic advances. A report made public Wednesday by a hearing committee of the D.C. Court of Appeals’ disciplinary arm recommended that Klayman be required to prove his rehabilitation and fitness to gain reinstatement.

Klayman, 68, a Washington fixture whose active cases include lawsuits against Trump confidant Roger Stone and Infowars founder Alex Jones on behalf of writer and conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi, denied the allegations and can appeal the panel’s findings, which were contained in a 185-page report. “It’s just a recommendation by a hearing committee,” Klayman said in an interview, adding that his appeal to the Board on Professional Responsibility and, if necessary, the court would take three to five years to resolve. He accused the review panel of partisan bias, saying, “It was a very politicized hearing committee, and I’m confident of success in the end.”

The panel ruled on a complaint brought by Elham Sataki, who retained Klayman in 2010 to file a sexual harassment suit against her former employer, Voice of America. That case was ultimately dismissed. Sataki could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday evening. The panel concluded that the extent and “extreme nature” of Klayman’s misconduct abused the attorney-client relationship, including his fiduciary duty and obligation to consult with and abide by Sataki’s litigation decisions.

According to charges initiated by the bar’s disciplinary counsel in July 2017, Sataki alleged that Klayman induced her to move to Los Angeles, abandon her job in Washington and rely on him for housing and living expenses. When she refused to enter a romantic relationship, he allegedly increased his compensation demands and exploited her “precarious financial position and his position as her attorney,” the report stated. Despite her desire to pursue her case “simply and quietly,” Klayman, allegedly for his own political agenda, named unnecessary and high-profile defendants including former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and attacked the judge hearing Sataki’s case as politically biased, the report stated.

Klayman allegedly refused to withdraw from her case after Sataki fired him, then published several articles about it without her knowledge or consent in WorldNetDaily, a right-wing news aggregator site. The report cited excerpts of communications from Klayman to his client after she rejected him, such as a text from April 23, 2010, in which he stated, “When someone u deeply care for tells u stuff like, ‘you’ll never be my Boyfriend . . . how would u feel?’ ” In a letter later that year to a third party, Klayman wrote, “I do truly love Ellie. . . . But I do not want to hurt her and my own emotions have rendered me non-functional even as a lawyer,” according to the report. Sataki told investigators, in a statement quoted in the report, “It was a vicious cycle and never ending and it felt like I was in an abusive relationship instead of a client/attorney relationship.”

Review panel members Warren Anthony Fitch, Mary C. Larkin and Michael E. Tigar found unanimously that Klayman’s “relentless importunings” inflicted stress and emotional pain on Sataki, concluding, “It is hard to imagine greater prejudice being caused to a client.” The panel said it decided to reduce by three months what would have been a longer suspension recommendation, calling Klayman’s commitment to less lucrative public interest law a mitigating factor. Klayman said Sataki at one point reported in the D.C. case that she also filed complaints against him with the Florida and Pennsylvania bars. Klayman said there was no record of such complaints, concluding they had been dismissed.

Klayman is a notably combative litigant whose no-holds-barred tactics and robust use of the Freedom of Information Act have made him a dreaded — and sometimes loathed — inquisitor. He has been a member of the D.C. bar since 1980 and founded the Judicial Watch legal watchdog group, whose aggressive pursuit of dozens of civil lawsuits against the Clinton administration in the 1990s made him a right-wing hero. However, in 2003, Klayman broke from Judicial Watch and his decision led to an extended legal war.

A federal court in June reported that Klayman faces two other disciplinary proceedings before the D.C. Court of Appeals. He has appealed punishment recommended for violating attorney ethics rules by representing three individuals suing Judicial Watch without first obtaining his former client’s consent. He has also been referred to a hearing committee after he was accused of misleading a federal judge about his disciplinary status while seeking to represent Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, whose 2014 armed standoff over federal lands with agents lifted him to national prominence among anti-government groups.

Klayman’s best-known victory in recent years came when a federal judge in 2013 ruled that the National Security Agency’s bulk collection of Americans’ telephone records after the 9/11 terrorist attacks were almost certainly unconstitutional. The decision was stayed pending appeal and later reversed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Photo: Legendary Hattie McDaniel reacting to Donald & Pals, including #Birthers, and to what's going on in the USA.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:47 am

Northland10 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:19 pm
So, in his never-ending quest to reverse the judgment in his 2006 case against Judicial Watch, he filed a "PLAINTIFF’S MOTION TO STAY ENFORCEMENT OF JUDGMENT PENDING APPEAL WITHOUT BOND" in the case. In it, he claims he has a good chance of having the judgment reversed on appeal and 7 pages of other stuff. He claims he will file the appeal on 5 September.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 09.0_2.pdf

I guess he is so confident about the appeal that on the same day as the motion to stay, he filed a new complaint. This one is a "Complaint to set aside judgement for damages and for other relief." He argues that this case is for Rule 60(b) and Rule 60(d) relief. The reason, of course, he is opening a new case is he wants a different judge and that his current nemesis should not be assigned.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 49.1.0.pdf
Well, regarding that complaint... I don't have time to pull the docs, but a quick recap of this now very quickly administratively closed case.

1. It ended up reassigned to Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly as a related case to his never-ending 2006 JW case.
2. He filed an amended complaint, in which I believe he added Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly as a defendant.
3. The case was reassigned back to Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.
4. The judge noted that the original case, for which this was a Rule 60 motion, was on appeal. A court does not have jurisdiction for a Rule 60 motion while an appeal is pending. The judge administratively closed the case. It can be reopened after the appeal if the plaintiff requests.

I assume this case was a Hail Mary play to try and get around the sanctions in Kollar-Kotelly's court.
MINUTE ORDER: This action is hereby STAYED pending resolution of the appeal in Klayman v. Judicial Watch 6-cv-670-CKK, which involves many of the same parties as the instant case. Cf. Munoz v. Bd. of Trustees of Univ. of D.C., 730 F. Supp. 2d 62, 63 (D.D.C. 2010) (noting that the court did not have jurisdiction to consider a Rule 60(b) motion [d]ue to the pending appeal.). In light of this stay, the Clerk of the Court is hereby directed to Administratively Close this case. Upon final resolution of the appeal, Klayman v. Judicial Watch, 19-7105 (D.C. Cir), the parties may file a motion to return this case to the court's active docket. Any such motion shall contain a proposed order for moving forward with this case. Signed by Judge Tanya S. Chutkan on 9/22/19. (DJS) (Entered: 09/22/2019)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 am

So, GIL has

1. 2006 JW case out on appeal
2. Some other appeal for some JW case where JW was granted a summary affirmance motion.
3. The case against Fitton in Florida.
4. He just recently filed a new case against the JW individuals (Fitton, Peterson, Orfanedes, and Farrall). I have to run so I did not read his complaint on this one.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:02 pm

The only way to hold the Bidens accountable

Exclusive: Larry Klayman predicts damning indictments from citizens grand jury

It thus turns to We the People to take the real law, peacefully and legally, into our own hands. It is now time to have Freedom Watch's citizens grand juries ride again to mete out justice for the Bidens and their corrupt ilk. Indeed, President Trump, having implicated his own attorney general in the high crimes and misdemeanors for which he now most assuredly will be wrongly impeached, Barr will now predictably run for the exit and take again take a dive on prosecuting the Bidens and their Democratic accomplices.

So today, I, Larry Klayman, the founder of Freedom Watch and a former federal prosecutor, pledge to you with my sacred honor that our citizens grand jury will meet again in the next few weeks, and I, as the citizens prosecutor, will present evidence of the Bidens' crimes. We will then indict the Bidens, try them in a citizens court and have them sentenced. We the People will then seek to peacefully and legally enforce the sentences.

The Bidens will be subpoenaed to appear to defend themselves at the eventual trial, and one can only wonder what will be their defense. Since intent to commit crimes must be shown, will Joe Biden now claim that he is so old and senile that he did not know what he was doing, and will son Hunter claim a confused mental state as a result of a drug relapse and make a similar defense?

But don't expect either of them to show up. These characters do not respect the rights of the American people, and they will attempt as usual to escape Lady Justice.

This time, however, their so-called good fortune has run out, and their cheap political smiles will soon turn to frowns as We the People judge them for who they are: cheap frauds and criminals who feed like pigs at the trough of the corrupt largesse of the D.C. swamp.
:twisted: https://www.wnd.com/2019/09/way-hold-bi ... countable/ :twisted:

Klayman linked to a video of his latest episode of "Special Prosecutor," but YouTube yanked Klayman's channel:
YouTube wrote:This video has been removed for violating YouTube's policy on hate speech. Learn more about combating hate speech in your country.

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:47 pm

I've always thought my favorite TFB meetup would be to crash one of Klayman's CGJ with our own set of indictments against GIL. Bet he won't like his own BS being used against him. :D

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:47 pm
I've always thought my favorite TFB meetup would be to crash one of Klayman's CGJ with our own set of indictments against GIL. Bet he won't like his own BS being used against him. :D
WND has blocked me so I can't suggest that the CGJ be held in the Terry Trussell Memorial conference room in Dixie County. I did ask Klayman on his YouTube site a while ago that question, but he removed it.

I'm looking forward to Klayman's eventual disbarment.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:44 pm

This certainly should be brought up at the Fogbow Meetup! Grossly Inappropriate Larry Klayman should be punished, maybe over waffles and bacon.

And WTF, whom do we report this infringment to? http://www.fwjusticeleague.org/

Idiot Klayman.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo: Legendary Hattie McDaniel reacting to Donald & Pals, including #Birthers, and to what's going on in the USA.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:53 pm

To whom do you report the infringement? Doesn't Disney now own everything?

bob

Post by bob » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:53 pm
To whom do you report the infringement? Doesn't Disney now own everything?
As mentioned last year, the image can be found here. Now whether it owns the image....

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:44 pm
This certainly should be brought up at the Fogbow Meetup! Grossly Inappropriate Larry Klayman should be punished, maybe over waffles and bacon.

And WTF, whom do we report this infringment to? http://www.fwjusticeleague.org/
Idiot Klayman.JPG
At least three members of this version of the Justice League are aliens - Superman (Krypton), the Martian Manhunter (Mars), and Wonder Woman (Themyscira). I think it is still unclear whether the Hawkgirl featured in the image used by Klayman will be American Kendra Saunders or Thanagarian Shayera Hol. Both Superman and the Martin Manhunter are refugees from worlds which were destroyed (and Thanagar has been destroyed on at least one occasion in the DC comic book universe). Throw in the fact that the John Stewart Green Lantern is African American, and I think that it is unlikely that this group would support Klayman's hard right politics.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Aren't they all undocumented aliens?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm

In re GIL and his alleged bad behavior with a client, the hearing before the Board of Professional Responsibility has been scheduled.

November 21, 2019 at 2:00 P.M.:

IN RE LARRY E. KLAYMAN, Board Docket No. 17-BD-063

This is the case for the July report from the Hearing Committee, not the one that was just argued in front of the DC Court of Appeals.

On the upcoming hearing, the hearing committee recommended suspension for 33 months and a fitness requirement. I expect the board to release their report in February and the Court of Appeals holding their hearing 1.5 years later. By that time his first case may have finally resulted in a 90 day suspension (though his 2006 case against JW will still be going).

Return to “Miscellaneous”