Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sugar Magnolia

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Sugar Magnolia

Post by northland10 »

:cry: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
101010 :towel:
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

chancery wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 pm :crying: :bighug:
:yeahthat:

Not to mention:

:cussing:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

HER2 positive breast cancer 12 years ago after an ovarian cancer diagnosis 4 years before that. (NO cancer in my entire family ever) Chemo first, surgery then radiation. Continued to work through the entire process although to this day, I have no memory of much of it (brain fog) even after looking at notes of my cases. No trials or heavy hearings but with the help of my staff I managed. Any time you want to talk, let me know and I will pass on my number.
Also, the best book I have ever read on cancer is The Emperor of all Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee. It actually gave me great comfort while I was still in treatment (5 years after treatment). I needed answers from the professionals and was frustrated that answers weren't forthcoming and it wasn't til I read that book that I finally understood that cancer treatment is an art form without consistent firm answers. Cancer is like a moving target, something like COVID.
Treatment sucks but it sure isn't the worst thing I have done in my life.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

What everybody else said, and then some.

:brokenheart: :bighug:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Damn it. Cancer sucks but if anyone can beat it it is you.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

No No NO!!!! :cry:

Sugar, you're gonna curb stomp cancer's ass!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
slq

Post by slq »

Sugar, sending healing energy your way.
:grouphug:
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
filly

Post by filly »

Sugar my friend so sorry to read this and sending you all positive energy!
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I'm so shocked by this. I cannot imagine what this all must feel like. I'm so sorry.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Sending you virtual hugs and lots of love. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

:bighug: :bighug:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Thinking a little clearer this morning and trying to take it all in. I did a mass facebook msg to a bunch of my women friends last night (I know, I know, but it kept me from having to repeat the entire conversation a dozen times) and the responses from them ranged from 4 pages of texts just cussing about how miserable cancer is (she started off with "cancer can slide down a mile of rusty razor blades into a vat of salted alcohol before being flung into a pit of fire" and then went on from there) all the way to shocked smiley faces and "I don't even know what to say." One offered a hit man, another one offered to pay for the hit man, one offered food, one offered her place in NOLA if I wanted to escape, one offered to drive down from SD. My krewe don't all know each other but they should. I could not have picked a better tribe of women for their support through this.

Oddly enough, even though I know those women personally, I posted here before I told them, and I have gotten as much support from y'all as I have from them.

The real shit starts next week when I meet with the surgeon and the oncologist and have all the big tests done. I'll probably be doing some journaling type posts so I can come back in the future when my memory is fried from the chemo brain. I'll try my best to keep it in this thread, and don't feel like you have to chime in at every post. It will mostly be for me. Foggy, I'm depending on you not to lose the board again!

I have fabulous doctors and even more fabulous friends, and I'll get through this, and probably be really pissed at cancer when I get to the other side. My doctors all know and like each other and I'm discovering what a good thing that is. They're giving me tips about each other like "he's an Ole Miss fan and hates State but loves the Saints" and "he is a huge fan of bad puns". It will be interesting to hear the story of why my PA said to tell my oncologist to "bite her" when I see him. It must be funny because she literally threw her head back and laughed when she gave me the message to pass along to him.

I have completed 5 quilt tops since last week, working only out of my stash, just to give me some mindless activity that I have to (sort of) concentrate on. I may die with 200 unquilted tops my kids will have to figure out what to do with, but by god they'll have some damn quilt tops! If the sewing keeps up, by the time this is all over with I'll be able to cover the entire Southeastern US. I hope everyone likes black and purple.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

(((((big hugs for Sugar)))))
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm borrowing from LMK because I feel the same way, but she says it better. :bighug:
LM K wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 pm Omg. I don't know what to say other than I adore you and I want the very, very best for you.

You're a kick ass woman, my dear. :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Moar hugs, moar love! :bighug: :lovestruck: :bighug: :lovestruck:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Let me say a small amount more than "Oh fuck"...

My sister (you've seen her and her two children) chose to terminate a pregnancy and have all her stuff removed... because she is genetically (thank you 23&me) predisposed to cancer.

FUCK CANCER
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I love black and purple!!!!!!!!!

You can do this, sugar, with everyone's support and strength. We love you!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but I suspect cancer will regret fucking with Sugar.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 am Just my arrogant opinion but I suspect cancer will regret fucking with Sugar.
Yeah. That made me laugh.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Oh Sugar, so sorry you have to deal with this. But I agree with Slim-cancer will regret messin’ with you!

My 85 year old cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer a little over a year ago. She had chemo, then surgery and is now on her second (different type) round of post-op chemo. And this one looks like it’s working!!

You’re going to beat this shit too and we’ll all be here for you while you do. Anything you need, any time you need it.

We love you! 🤗🤗❤️💕
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 am Just my arrogant opinion but I suspect cancer will regret fucking with Sugar.
That's the spirit. :boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Beaming all the healing energy I can muster your way. Keep positive thoughts always ❤️
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Oncologist this afternoon to get the official game plan. Port will be put in Friday and my first chemo is Oct 11. It looks like 4 rounds of chemo, 2 weeks apart, and then surgery. I'll know more about the course of treatment, what stage, prognosis and all that good stuff later this afternoon. Thursday is a full day of tests. CT, bone scan and echo, which I am assuming has the potential to alter the current plan if any of those show weirdness.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks for the update. :heart: Glad it's only four rounds.

Is it my age group or a further sign of World Mayhem that I have three friends/acquaintanced getting/schedule for chemo this month? Ugh.

Good luck!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”