Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

John P. Capitalist

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

John P. Capitalist

Post by johnpcapitalist »

I'm staking out my little corner of this area.

For the nones, I'm a former Wall Street money manager, with a strong focus on tech stocks. I survived the Internet bubble in the late 1990s, when the market went almost as crazy as it is now doing over things like Bitcoin. Actually, I didn't just survive, I kind of thrived. Thriving on Wall Street requires that one be exactly the opposite of today's Republicans. You have to have good bullshit detectors and not be afraid to use them.

Way back when, I got a degree in English Lit from a West Coast university. The only jobs available for people who wrote their thesis on 14th Century poetry back then were 8th grade English teacher or Starbucks barista. Neither of those suited, so I became a software engineer in Silicon Valley instead. Sales and strategy consulting soon followed.

More recently, I've taken a job as a sales "fixer" for a large division of a giant high-tech company. I get called in by executive management to fix broken processes and improve analytical thinking so we can bet billions of dollars on future development projects and maximize our chances of making money one day.

Because of the fun we have demolishing bullshit in an amusing way, I'm proud to be a member and contributor here at Fogbow 2.0.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: John P. Capitalist

Post by Azastan »

Hi JPC, glad to see you wandered back here! Always enjoy reading your very informative posts.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Glad you're back!

bob too :D
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I am glad you returned JPC.
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

So pleased you are back here. Always look forward to reading your posts.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Great to see you here.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 pm For the nones, I'm a former Wall Street money manager, with a strong focus on tech stocks.
So, you work at the behest of the queen and the pope. Yeah, Yeah, I know you said former but once a serf to LIZZIE and FRANK, always a serf. Her Strudelness explained this recently.

Welcome back.
101010 :towel:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

northland10 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:44 am
johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 pm For the nones, I'm a former Wall Street money manager, with a strong focus on tech stocks.
So, you work at the behest of the queen and the pope. Yeah, Yeah, I know you said former but once a serf to LIZZIE and FRANK, always a serf. Her Strudelness explained this recently.
Thank you. Yes, two firms I worked for had London offices within the shadow of the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street, so that proximity definitely makes me a slave of Bess and Frankie. Yes, I'm always going to be a member of their little world domination club, but the money I get from them is not nearly as much as the SorosBucks I get every month as a member of the unholy Fogbow/Big Pharma alliance.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

JPC!! So good to see you are posting!!!!

Now for the serious stuff. How are YOU getting rich on Soros bucks and I ain’t getting nothin’??!! And WHEN did Fogbow form the Alliance with Big Pharma??!! I didn’t get the memo! :cry:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:28 pm And WHEN did Fogbow form the Alliance with Big Pharma??!! I didn’t get the memo! :cry:
Stop reading your phone during meetings.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”