Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Baidn

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Baidn

Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Back again glad to see things going back online :D Hobbyist investigator of SovCits and steelworker from Virginia currently also pursuing a law degree to hopefully better serve my fellow union brothers and sisters. Anything else anyone wants to know just ask :)
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Reddog

Re: Baidn

Post by Reddog »

My first job was in a large USW foundry, a long time ago. Because of that I still consider myself a foundryman. I’ve followed the decline in union bargaining power be whittled away by mainly GOP policies.
The unions need strong voices, that’s why I am glad to see you want to get into labor law.
What peeved me in the last week was watching “Cancun” Cruz repeatedly emphasizing “10,000 UNION jobs” in Buttigieg confirmation hearing. When in fact a large part of GOP policies degrade unions.
This is probably the most I’ve posted since Malheur
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Baidn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 am Back again glad to see things going back online :D Hobbyist investigator of SovCits and steelworker from Virginia currently also pursuing a law degree to hopefully better serve my fellow union brothers and sisters. Anything else anyone wants to know just ask :)
Thank you, we need more people like you helping union members.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Baidn wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 am Back again glad to see things going back online :D Hobbyist investigator of SovCits and steelworker from Virginia currently also pursuing a law degree to hopefully better serve my fellow union brothers and sisters. Anything else anyone wants to know just ask :)
I was an Arkansas Education Association and National Education Association member last century when we refused to call ourselves a union. I went to law school to represent public school teachers and worked for many years in that role.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:09 pm
I was an Arkansas Education Association and National Education Association member last century when we refused to call ourselves a union. I went to law school to represent public school teachers and worked for many years in that role.
My wife's a teacher and I very much feel for the struggle when it comes to educators organizing. Way to many states completely take them for granted and even make laws that make it nearly impossible to organize effectively paired with the guilt trip of "well you should do it for the children" and people wanting lower taxes but not cut services. I hope you've been able to make a difference and appreciate it on their behalf :)
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Side note regarding a personal quirk when posting. I am a christian and in fact a fairly religious person, however I will often say "christian" in quotes because I feel like the far right and anti intellectual groups have infiltrated and coopted the title for their own greed driven purposes. When I say "christian" this is the group to which I refer: the grifters, liars, anti-intelectuals, hate mongers and unfortunately the scared, weak willed, and lonely individuals who want the comfort of being told what to think and feel without exerting the often painful efforts of introspection and critical thinking. This is what's led to what I call the "christian industrial complex" where fools believe conmen who essentially say "christ appeared to me in a vision saying that his divine plan is for me to become VERY VERY RICH from YOUR money!"

That being said if anyone would like to have a reasonable discussion or is looking for insight to why some religious people think or feel the way they do I'm happy to help provide context and perspective. Deeply religious does not need to mean anti-science or unreasonable as I hope to demonstrate here and other places :P

Return to “Introduce Yourself”