Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

covfefe/spiduh/?

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

covfefe/spiduh/?

Post by raison de arizona »

For my 400th post, I'll do a trick!

So when the board crashed I decided to change my identity, was sick of the old one and thought, new board, new name. I'm getting kinda sick of this one and am thinking about bouncing again. I see myself getting tied to the post count and the name is bupkis anyway, so a reset is probably in order shortly. Heck, my whole life is resetting to some degree, may as well reset here as well.

I've been on and off here since, uh, the first Bundy mess in Nevaduh I think? I believe that's when I discovered Fogbow. On and off depending on how butthurt I'm feeling and what else is going on in my life. I just changed jobs and am getting ready to relocate across the country, so right now, a lot is going on.

I've been working in data for three decades, starting with files in the hundreds of millions, moving to over a billion by twenty years ago-ish, and now just huge stuff. I really like it and have been into computers since the beginning of time. My first program was written on a PET when I was 4 and a half. It was a clubhouse program that asked for a password, then once you were in you could play a number guessing game. I've worked heavily with PC and mainframe assembler, C/C++, etc. but now I'm mostly doing Python and SQL. And all the connector pieces data engineers do.

I'm an AZ native, but have been in Brooklyn for the last 14ish years or so, with weekends mostly spent on Long Island. (Not the North Fork, but the North Shore about 80 minutes from Brooklyn.) Packing up and heading back to AZ in a few short weeks, driving with the missus and the dawg. I'm the father of a basketball team number of boys. Just the ones on the floor, not a whole team. Five is enough, thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, thank you so much Foggy for providing this forum for all of us, and thank you to ALL OF YOU that make this forum not only a valuable resource, but so enjoyable to peruse.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: covfefe/spiduh/?

Post by Slim Cognito »

Keep us posted!!!! :grouphug:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Thank you for joining us, I really appreciate your posts. Any time you - or any other members - want to change your username, please send me a PM. I can do that. :towel:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:38 am Thank you for joining us, I really appreciate your posts. Any time you - or any other members - want to change your username, please send me a PM. I can do that. :towel:
Cool! I have a different user name I’d like to try out. I want you to keep changing it back and forth with my old user name so it looks like I’m in a flame war with myself! :rolleye:

Have a safe and uneventful move, covfefe!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I didn't mean you.

:whisper: Yes, I did. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Road Trip!!!! Safe travels, covfefe...spiduh...you know who you are!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Went into contract on a house in AZ yesterday. It's no Maybelot, but I'll post a pic or three when I have them. We fly out late Wednesday to inspect on Thursday, then fly back late Thursday arriving at dawn Friday. Ack! The stupid real estate market is so hot we are eternally thankful that we were able to land this home. Earlier this month, among the homes we didn't land, was one we went big and bid $775k on a $650k asking price AND WE LOST. It's crazy out there yo. I think the big sell for us on this one was that we have no contingency or anything that the sellers have to wait on, I think they were into that. For reference, we opened at $60k over asking on this one, then ended at $75k over asking after beating out another offer. What a nightmare!

Anyway, onward and upward! Movers are coming Sunday or Monday, then a few days out on Long Island, and finally next Thursday the wife and dawg and I head out on the open road for the wild, wild west! :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer

Will you then be an Arizonan or an Arizonian?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Where in Arizona? Big state with all kinds of terrain. Lots of good sights to see.
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 am Will you then be an Arizonan or an Arizonian?
Well, Arizonan is the modern version, but the historic Arizonian seems more betterer to me, so I'll go with that. Arizonian, North Phoenician, Glendalian to be exact. I suppose.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :bighug: :cheer2: :bunny: :banana: :groupdance:

► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Congrats to all y’all on landing a house; I wish you tons of luck and fun and family good times.

Real estate can be so weird. A woman I worked with had an unusual home that they called The Nest at the End of the Road. When they retired and moved away they were having a hard time selling. They wanted a million but got no bites.

So they took it off the market for 6 months then put it back on at $500k which started a bidding war that ended at $1.5.

People lose their heads in bidding wars.

PS. It’s been driving me nuts, trying to figure out who you used to be. I recognized your “voice”…
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:21 am Where in Arizona? Big state with all kinds of terrain. Lots of good sights to see.
We'll be in the North Valley of Phoenix. I grew up in Phoenix, so it is a return of sorts. Bringing moar purple! It will be nice to be near our AZ family and friends again.

We have a trip planned for Sedona in July to see a musician friend perform, but our real passion in Jerome. Love love love it there! And we've already promised kiddo trips to Flagstaff in the snow season.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:49 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:21 am Where in Arizona? Big state with all kinds of terrain. Lots of good sights to see.
We'll be in the North Valley of Phoenix. I grew up in Phoenix, so it is a return of sorts. Bringing moar purple! It will be nice to be near our AZ family and friends again.

We have a trip planned for Sedona in July to see a musician friend perform, but our real passion in Jerome. Love love love it there! And we've already promised kiddo trips to Flagstaff in the snow season.
Cool. I love Jerome too, but I love all the old mining towns. If you haven't done Bisbee, put it on your list. Old copper town, mines were abandoned and the aging hippies moved in. First day I arrived was Earth Day and they were having a party! Awesome restaurants, B&Bs (haunted or not) and moar.

Last time I was in Sedona I took a Pink Jeep to the top of Schnebly Hill road. Omg, what a view.
raison de arizona

So the movers are supposed to show up tomorrow, I’m a stress bucket maniacally packing. And then I get a call this morning from a dude on a truck that they are an hour out from my storage unit, which is NOT anywhere near where I am, and this is the wrong day! Arg! I’m losing it.

MONDAY PEOPLE, MONDAY!
raison de arizona

Our road trip finally started today at 2:30pm (don’t ask), Brooklyn to Phoenix. We made it to Columbus, OH today. Across the street from our hotel:
67A28743-3A63-45A0-95DB-A4D0622C972E.jpeg
67A28743-3A63-45A0-95DB-A4D0622C972E.jpeg (382.36 KiB) Viewed 19757 times
Random PA pic:
E92E0A1C-E24C-4C25-A7D7-3C55DAAEABC3.jpeg
E92E0A1C-E24C-4C25-A7D7-3C55DAAEABC3.jpeg (297.27 KiB) Viewed 19755 times
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

Monday night was Joplin, MO. The most exciting thing I saw there was a condom in the parking lot, but we rolled in late and left early, so I’m sure it has much more to offer. Saw some sights on the drive, passed in OK:
Car
Car
649D7596-3E67-425B-B545-BF726F3104D0.jpeg (472.04 KiB) Viewed 19587 times
And a couple from TX:
Lean
Lean
E72321D7-5416-478A-A623-5CC3CE09D75F.jpeg (399.31 KiB) Viewed 19587 times
Cross
Cross
095EC6BD-DE88-4A4B-B431-FB4E6D9876F9.jpeg (416.41 KiB) Viewed 19587 times
Stayed in Albuquerque, NM last night in the Hotel Andaluz, which has a whole Hilton story. Anyway, final day of driving!
raison de arizona

We've been safely ensconced in a south Scottsdale Airbnb for a spell now, waiting for the house to close next week. So stressful! So I've moved across the country and changed jobs at the same time, because that makes sense. The biggest problem being changing health insurance. It's been difficult to get my medications and keep everything on an even keel. Thankfully, I think I've got my last pysch med worked out and will be getting my Abilify injection TODAY! :dance: I've realllllly turned into a wreck without it, I'm in a weird space right now. I'm still on a bunch of other meds so I wouldn't call it straight manic, but there's definitely Nonsense Afoot. Ack. Anyway, soon to be taken care of, is the word on the street.

I've had to abandon the covfefe userid for awhile, it crossed 1k posts and the post count started distracting me like a shiny object I couldn't take my eyes off of, I just had to let it go. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, apologies for bastardizing the French raison d'etre, I couldn't help myself and it gave me quite a giggle at the time. Seems less amusing now, but whatevs!

Onward and upward!
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:30 am
Anyways, apologies for bastardizing the French raison d'etre, I couldn't help myself and it gave me quite a giggle at the time. Seems less amusing now, but whatevs!
I like it! :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Still one of my favorite movies!
Good luck with everything, raison :bighug:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Since you moved to Arizona, is it fair to say that you are now "A Raison in the (Valley of the) Sun?"
Tiredretiredlawyer

Raison de Arizona is perfect.
raison de arizona

Closed on the new house, and we are in! Our stuff shows up Monday or Tuesday, and we've started buying some furniture to fill the place up. The kid is enrolled in a private Montessori school, which is much cheaper out here in Phoenix than it was in Brooklyn. The public schools just didn't seem very... good. For multiple reasons. That said, the school he's in seems to be playing a little crunchy granola with Covid, which is bothersome. Can't wait for his age group to be eligible for the vax, he should be next in line for approval. And it looks like I'm eligible now or soon at least for a third booster, which would be nice with my immune system conditions. Anyway, backyard pic.
233769913_10158733959104576_4209534921753530035_n.jpeg
233769913_10158733959104576_4209534921753530035_n.jpeg (158.12 KiB) Viewed 18165 times
Tiredretiredlawyer

NIIIIIIICEEEEE!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”