The WTF Department

Skip Intro

The WTF Department

Post by Skip Intro » Mon May 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Priest banned for molesting girl gets a new job as director of teen pregnancy center
A Catholic priest who was accused of sexually abusing a 16-year-old girl has been appointed as director of a teen pregnancy center, prompting activists to call for him to be removed from the post.

The Detroit Free Press reported on Monday that Rev. Kenneth Kaucheck was named director of the Gianna House Pregnancy and Parenting Residence in Eastpointe.

According to the paper, “the center takes in teenagers and young women who are pregnant, assisting them and any children they might later have.”

The report said that Kaucheck was removed from two churches after the Archdiocese of Detroit determined in 2009 that he had sexually abused a 16-year-old girl who he was counseling in the 1970s.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/priest- ... cy-center/
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

spiduh

Re: The WTF Department

Post by spiduh » Mon May 09, 2016 7:47 pm

The only unusual thing is that they generally ship these guys to South America or somewhere. I've spent a lot of years sitting in Cathlic pews. Bite me.
“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon May 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Skip Intro wrote:Priest banned for molesting girl gets a new job as director of teen pregnancy center
A Catholic priest who was accused of sexually abusing a 16-year-old girl has been appointed as director of a teen pregnancy center, prompting activists to call for him to be removed from the post.

The Detroit Free Press reported on Monday that Rev. Kenneth Kaucheck was named director of the Gianna House Pregnancy and Parenting Residence in Eastpointe.

According to the paper, “the center takes in teenagers and young women who are pregnant, assisting them and any children they might later have.”

The report said that Kaucheck was removed from two churches after the Archdiocese of Detroit determined in 2009 that he had sexually abused a 16-year-old girl who he was counseling in the 1970s.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/priest- ... cy-center/
There are enough truly horrible abuse stories in the Catholic Church that they really don't need to sensationalize something that doesn't appear to be one of those. He was a 22 year old priest having sex with a 16 year old. !6 was apparently old enough to legally consent. It may have been stupid, immoral, bad judgment, but it isn't automatically abuse or molestation. Or maybe I'm biased against SNAP (no maybe about it...I am) and every time I see them pop up in a news article I'm immediately skeptical of whatever they're saying.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon May 09, 2016 8:27 pm

These days if a Priest is accused of sexual abuse they are immediately pulled from ministry and the case is fully investigated. So it's no surprise that he was banned from 2 churches, that's SOP, guilty or innocent. So the fact he was "banned" proves nothing despite the dire imlication. And seriously, the only accusation was from the freaking 1970s. If he was put on a ministry like this it means that he was completely cleared. The Church isn't fucking stupid, and Priests have been falsely accused.

It shows how little actual abuse cases remain that all they can do is smear using 4 and a half decade old accusations that have already been dealt with and which have already been investigated. If all it takes is being accused to ban you from having any contact with anyone for life AND to create headlines then that's pretty fucking intolerant.

But I'm speaking from the perspective of watching the press over here hound a Bishop out of office despite charities that deal with child issues saying very loudly that having him resign would actually set back the cause of Child protection and giving him their full support due to the fact he was a long and active advocate for child protection. His crime? When he was an assistant bishop he failed to scream loudly when one case of accusations of abuse hit his desk, rather he passed it up onto the bishops desk.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm

Catholic priest accused of groping woman during last rites
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Roman Catholic priest has been arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge after he was accused of groping a woman in home hospice care while giving her last rites.

The Rev. Gerold Langsch, of Austin, was arrested Thursday and charged with assault by contact stemming from the Oct. 5 encounter. The 75-year-old priest is free on $15,000 bond. If convicted, he could be sentenced to a year in jail and fined up to $4,000.

Police contend in the arrest affidavit that the woman was in hospice care for complications from diabetes when Lansch went to her home to administer the sacrament of anointing the sick, a sacrament of absolution. The woman, who is still alive, reported that Langsch first anointed her chest with holy water, then began to apply lotion, massaging a breast, pinching a nipple and asking "Does that feel good?" He then tried to slip his hand inside her diaper but was unable to.
I've heard this bull before.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Well, for once, it wasn't alter boys.
It's refreshing to read Catholic priest stories that don't involve alter boys for a change.
:bag:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:07 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Catholic priest accused of groping woman during last rites
:snippity:
He then tried to slip his hand inside her diaper but was unable to.
I tended my dear sweet sister at home to her dying day. She was in diapers her last 10 years of life and I'm here to tell you putting your hand blindly into an adult diaper is NOT a good idea :bigvomit:
Birfers are toast

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:48 pm

Pastor Accused of Sucking Out “Evil Spirits” with Oral Sex to Face Secular Court
A U.S. court will finally hear claims involving the New Jersey pastor who was credibly accused of using oral sex during exorcisms to extract “evil spirits” from men. (Yeah, that’s what they’re calling it.)

Until now, only a church court was considering any disciplinary actions.

Rev. Dr. William Weaver, a minister who worked at Linden Presbyterian Church for nearly 40 years, allegedly said he was following the Bible when he used oral sex and Native American rituals to “remove demons” from troubled church members.
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... m=facebook
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:55 pm

When this Rev says "this job sucks"...he really means it! :-D

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Jim wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:55 pm
When this Rev says "this job sucks"...he really means it! :-D
:rimshot:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:29 pm

I got nuthin'.
ImageImageImage x4

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:53 pm

'Tis an ill wind blows against the empire.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Iowa Christian rock singer arrested in Minnesota on Nebraska child sex assault warrant
CLOQUET, Minn. — Cloquet police arrested a 44-year-old man Saturday morning on an out-of-state warrant for felony child sexual assault before he was set to sing at a local music festival with his Christian rock band.

Nebraska authorities on Friday charged Emanual Rodriguez with two counts of third-degree sexual assault of a child and a judge signed a warrant for his arrest. The victims are known to him and are under 14 years old, according to court documents, and they told investigators about their allegations last week.

Rodriguez was in the area to play at the Wood City Music Festival with his band, 70xForgiven. He is a pastor at a church in Council Bluffs, Iowa, according to Omaha media reports.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Imagine that, a Christian rock minister who was a child molester. Any bets on it being his own made up church????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Imagine that, a Christian rock minister who was a child molester. Any bets on it being his own made up church????
Calvary Assembly of God Church, Council Bluff, Iowa. He's also the Midwest Chapter president of Heaven’s Saints Motorcycle Ministry.

Return to “Religion”