A$AP ROCKY'S SWEDISH TRIAL

Hurtzi

A$AP ROCKY'S SWEDISH TRIAL

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am

For those who are interested in the facts (surely not POTUS Trump) here a link to a short piece in "the source " which contains a link to the police report (552 pages, downloadable). In Swedish, sorry.

http://thesource.com/2019/07/26/asap-ro ... rt-update/
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Chilidog

Re: A$AP ROCKY'S SWEDISH TRIAL

Post by Chilidog » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:04 am

How dare they write it in Swedish!

Rocky's an American
it should be written in American!

:rotflmao:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:42 am

Chilidog wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:04 am
How dare they write it in Swedish!

Rocky's an American
it should be written in American!

:rotflmao:
Exactly! Just like the Bible.

tek

Post by tek » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:06 am

Luckily, there is a translator available
vert.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 am

Hadn't seen this before. Are they all crazy?
Earlier in the week, several Congress members — Democratic representatives Adriano Espaillat and Hakeem Jeffries from New York, André Carson from Indiana, and Joaquin Castro from Texas — held a press conference demanding Rocky’s and his two associates’ release, calling their situation a human-rights violation. They also urged Pompeo to act faster and give more effort. “We are calling on Secretary Pompeo to do more,” Espaillat said. “This is not enough. It is unconscionable that young men that are doing well, they are on the right track in life, they’re very successful, they’re icons in the hip-hop community, are treated under these inhuman conditions.”
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/asap-ro ... ained.html

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:37 am

These are the " inhuman" conditions in Swedish prisons

https://www.businessinsider.com/asap-ro ... 019-7?IR=T

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 am
Earlier in the week, several Congress members — Democratic representatives Adriano Espaillat and Hakeem Jeffries from New York, André Carson from Indiana, and Joaquin Castro from Texas — held a press conference demanding Rocky’s and his two associates’ release, calling their situation a human-rights violation. They also urged Pompeo to act faster and give more effort. “We are calling on Secretary Pompeo to do more,” Espaillat said. “This is not enough. It is unconscionable that young men that are doing well, they are on the right track in life, they’re very successful, they’re icons in the hip-hop community, are treated under these inhuman conditions.”
No, actually they're being smart.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:26 pm

The issue (the legitimate one, not the senile maundering of OSG) that seems off to me is that the assault was on June 30th, the arrest was July 3rd and he was then held without being charged for 22 days until the charges were filed on July 25th. The trial is supposed to start on July 30th, which is quick. Is this normal? Was he a flight risk? Does he have time have a defense prepared and can he get out on bail in the meantime?

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:52 pm

My analysis re Trump's involvement - he's pandering, but in two different ways.

Pandering to his Deplorables - Trump truly thought he could come in as King of the World and get the rapper released merely by requesting it, after all that had worked in China (ignoring the fact that China would have released those basketball players anyway and by releasing them they were not giving anything up while stoking Trump's ego).

Pandering to The Blacks - Kanye is Trump's Black Friend. Kanye requested this and told Trump how great it would look to The Blacks if Trump did something good for a Black Rapper. Moreover, the Black Rapper would be so grateful that he would publicly thank Trump for getting him out of Swedish Hell and that would win lots of points with black voters.

Well, it didn't work out quite like Trump wanted, so he reverted to Mean Trump and insulted Sweden, but he still expects kudos from his followers for trying to speak up for a U.S. citizen. Trouble is, most of them couldn't care less about a black rapper and most of them probably think the rapper's getting what he deserves.

Moreover, I have a hard time believing that blacks haven't seen through this stunt of Trump's.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm

PaulG wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:26 pm
The issue (the legitimate one, not the senile maundering of OSG) that seems off to me is that the assault was on June 30th, the arrest was July 3rd and he was then held without being charged for 22 days until the charges were filed on July 25th. The trial is supposed to start on July 30th, which is quick. Is this normal? Was he a flight risk? Does he have time have a defense prepared and can he get out on bail in the meantime?
Yes it's normal, yes he's a flight risk because he's not a citizen of Sweden (their arguement, not mine), there is no bail system in Sweden, and the pre-trial detention was ordered by the court.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainm ... den-fight/

Not sure how anyone can think they know what all happened at this point. The "news" flack is impenetrable. Not seeing any reason to be certain that anybody did anything illegal yet (including Mr. Rocky and Swedish LE). I'll go so far as to say that the guys who were harassing Mr. Rocky were jerks, but I can wait for the rest.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:09 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm
PaulG wrote:
Yes it's normal, yes he's a flight risk because he's not a citizen of Sweden (their arguement, not mine), there is no bail system in Sweden, and the pre-trial detention was ordered by the court.

Not sure how anyone can think they know what all happened at this point. The "news" flack is impenetrable. Not seeing any reason to be certain that anybody did anything illegal yet (including Mr. Rocky and Swedish LE). I'll go so far as to say that the guys who were harassing Mr. Rocky were jerks, but I can wait for the rest.
Thanks. I was just wondering. I was sure there was a clear answer.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 pm

You skipped an angle I mentioned when Trump first got involved. The guy that attacked Rocky was Muslim (or Arab) so it caters to his anti Islam base.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Has trump called for the release of the 2 American teens who killed the police officer in Rome yet?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:54 pm

Off Topic
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:06 pm
Has trump called for the release of the 2 American teens who killed the police officer in Rome yet?
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/27/euro ... index.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 pm
PaulG wrote:

Mr Rocky and pals did get in a fight and one of the Swedish guys did get rather hurt in the altercation. That's the illegal stuff. Even when you don't like someone following you then call police, not attack yourself. And if they went to "help" some damsell in distress", still no legal reason for an attack. And police / district attorney seemed to have sufficient video material to at least convince the judge that there will be a trial.

Mr Rocky and pals can be happy when the neither get a charged with a civil suit. In Europe live streaming is a possibly privacy violation of those filmed without explicit consent when published. In Europe being in a public environment does not imply a loss of privacy. One can ask the photographer to stop immediatly. What is within the boundary of tolerance is the photographer taking picures in public for own consumption at home, and as long they don't concentrate on a unwilling subject. Off limits is the publication. Someone getting accidentially into the background of a photograph or video has to accept that. But ought the person see themselves published they can ask for the image to be removed or edited to make them unrecognizable (minimum is to blur faces).

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm
Mr Rocky and pals did get in a fight and one of the Swedish guys did get rather hurt in the altercation. That's the illegal stuff. Even when you don't like someone following you then call police, not attack yourself. And if they went to "help" some damsell in distress", still no legal reason for an attack. And police / district attorney seemed to have sufficient video material to at least convince the judge that there will be a trial.
It wasn't just following, the guy attacked them on video.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm
It wasn't just following, the guy attacked them on video.
The police seems to have more video than just the streamed party opinion and that of a bystander.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:55 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 pm
The police seems to have more video than just the streamed party opinion and that of a bystander.
I understand that, but let's not say the guy was only following them when there's video of him hitting Rocky's bodyguard.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:55 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
I understand that, but let's not say the guy was only following them when there's video of him hitting Rocky's bodyguard.
Then let's say we wait to see what comes out in the Swedish courts.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Dave at Sea wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
RTH10260 wrote:
:yeah:
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Dave at Sea wrote:
I said that in the other thread:
Jeffrey wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:45 pm
The detail about the bottles is interesting because the video I saw doesn't have bottles. Makes me think maybe there was more fighting after the video cuts out.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am
For those who are interested in the facts (surely not POTUS Trump) here a link to a short piece in "the source " which contains a link to the police report (552 pages, downloadable). In Swedish, sorry.

Okay don't let the Swedish warning dissuade you. You can figure out the basics without being able to speak Ikea.

Turns out the original TMZ video is supremely misleading. Asap beat the sh*t ouf of Jafari, hid a bottle in his sleeve and smashed it on the guy. The pictures of the injuries are in the report. He should get the heavy sentence. The no bail is absolutely justified.

Should have suspected Asap was in the wrong when Trump started supporting him.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:25 pm
Dave at Sea wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

:yeah:
:yeah: ^2

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:06 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am

Okay don't let the Swedish warning dissuade you. You can figure out the basics without being able to speak Ikea.

Turns out the original TMZ video is supremely misleading. Asap beat the sh*t ouf of Jafari, hid a bottle in his sleeve and smashed it on the guy. The pictures of the injuries are in the report. He should get the heavy sentence. The no bail is absolutely justified.

Should have suspected Asap was in the wrong when Trump started supporting him.
H/T for the summary, and H/T to Hurtzi for finding the doc. Google translate can help on the text portions, not so well on working on those forms.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:15 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:08 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 am
No, actually they're being smart.
Yeah, in the times of Trump lying is smart.

Some facts about the "inhuman" Swedish system compared to the US
The American and Swedish Criminal Justice System: A Comparative Study
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dc ... lNkM-E7Xk3

Return to “International Culture & Current Events”