George Zimmerman - AKA The Further Adventures of 'Invincible Man'

RoadScholar

Re: George Zimmerman - AKA The Further Adventures of 'Invincible Man'

Post by RoadScholar » Mon May 07, 2018 7:25 pm

George Zimmerman should eat a bag of shit and die.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:25 pm
George Zimmerman should eat a bag of shit and die.
What you got against a bag of shit?

tencats

Post by tencats » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 pm

George Zimmer is charged in the State of Florida for stalking.

Will it be a misdemeanor charge of stalking or is it a charge of aggravated stalking. I'm seeing it reported being both ways but which is it?
Stalking and Aggravated Stalking - Florida Statute 784.048
http://sa18.org/page/stalking.html
Definition of Stalking

Florida Statute 784.048 prohibits stalking which is defined as the defendant willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly following, harassing, or cyberstalking another person.

Maliciously means wrongfully, intentionally, and without legal justification or excuse.

Harassment means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in the person and it has no legitimate purpose.

Cyberstalking means engaging in a course of conduct to electronically communicate (via words or images) at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.
Punishment for Stalking

Stalking is a first-degree misdemeanor which means that an individual can be punished up to 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Aggravated Stalking
Aggravated stalking is a more serious form of stalking. There are four types of aggravated stalking: (1) credible threat aggravated stalking, (2) child aggravated stalking, (3) injunction violation aggravated stalking, and (4) victim of a previous crime aggravated stalking.
Punishment for Aggravated Stalking

If a defendant is convicted of any of the four types of aggravated stalking, they are committing a third-degree felony which is punishable with imprisonment up to 5 years and a potential fine of $5,000. If the defendant is repeat felony offender, they may receive more punishment. See Florida Statute 775.084.
Aggravated Stalking – Stalking and Making a Credible Threat

To be convicted of aggravated stalking with a credible threat, the state prosecutor must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that:

(1) The defendant willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly followed, harassed, or cyberstalked another person; and

(2) The defendant made a credible threat with the intent to put the victim in reasonable fear of death or physical injury.

A credible threat can be a verbal and/or nonverbal threat which places the intended victim in reasonable fear for his safety, his close friend’s safety, or his family’s safety which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm. Inability to actually carry out the threat is no defense nor is the lack of intent to carry out the threat. For example, a defendant locked up in prison cannot make the defense that they themselves could not get out and kill the person.
Charges: George Zimmerman made "gator" threat to private investigator
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-zim ... estigator/
:snippity:
Warren said Zimmerman began contacting him on Dec. 17, saying he received 21 phone calls, 38 text messages, and seven voicemails in a span of just over two hours. One of the voicemails allegedly said, "Answer your phone, [expletive]" and "I'll see you before you realize it."

Warren contacted the sheriff's office and said he was concerned for his safety, along with his family's.

When a deputy advised Warren to respond and ask Zimmerman to stop the communication or Warren would involve law enforcement, Zimmerman allegedly refused and continued the texts. Zimmerman allegedly texted a link to an article in which he was quoted as saying, "I know how to handle people who [expletive] with me, I have since February 2012" and "Anyone who [expletive] with my parents will be fed to an alligator."

The warrant says that Zimmerman yelled profanities at a Seminole County sergeant who called him on Jan. 3, berated her and said, "You have been involved with me since that Martin kid." Zimmerman then called the agency, according to the police report, and asked for further communication to be through his lawyer.

The affidavit said police found Zimmerman knew about Warren and his family's whereabouts and that "coupled with the direct references to do personal harm," Warren was afraid for his safety.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office submitted their report on the case to the state attorney's office on March 14, reports CBS affiliate WKMG.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm

State Attorney's Office for Seminole and Brevard counties said, "An evaluation of the evidence against Zimmerman was conducted by experienced prosecutors who determined they reasonably believe the alleged crime of Stalking F.S. 784.048 (2) (M-1) can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial."

Zimmerman will appear before Judge Mark Herr for arraignment at 9 a.m. May 30.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/f ... 40919.html
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm
State Attorney's Office for Seminole and Brevard counties said, "An evaluation of the evidence against Zimmerman was conducted by experienced prosecutors who determined they reasonably believe the alleged crime of Stalking F.S. 784.048 (2) (M-1) can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial."

Does the "(2) (M-1)" mean aggravated stalking, condition 1?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Somerset wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Does the "(2) (M-1)" mean aggravated stalking, condition 1?
No. It refers to the code subdivision 2. (M-1) refers to it being a 1st degree misdemeanor.
(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Subdivision 3 is the provision for aggravated stalking.

(3) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/ind ... 4.048.html
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 pm

I see. Thanks for the explanation :)

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Sigh. I was hoping to never have to see or hear his name again, but I guess not. :madguy:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm

I want to live long enough to see his name alongside RIP.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Somerset wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 pm
I see. Thanks for the explanation :)
:thumbs:

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Mon May 07, 2018 10:49 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm
I'm hoping karma bites him in the butt when he chokes on a Skittles.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 pm
Sigh. I was hoping to never have to see or hear his name again, but I guess not. :madguy:
Amen to that.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm
With him at RIP everyone else who had anything to do with him will LIP.

Live in peace...
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

tencats

Post by tencats » Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 pm

George Zimmerman, who shot dead Trayvon Martin, is $2.5m in debt

Thu 24 May 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... artin-debt
George Zimmerman, who shot dead the Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, is $2.5m in debt and no income, according to court documents.

Zimmerman’s finances were made public as part of a misdemeanor stalking case where he is accused of sending threatening text messages to a private investigator. Zimmerman filed paperwork about his financial situation in the case, listing that he is unemployed and has no money in cash, bank accounts or equity on property.

He is being represented by a public defender in the case in Florida involving the private investigator, Dennis Warren, who had contacted Zimmerman about a documentary series on Martin produced by Jay-Z. Zimmerman sent Warren several calls and texts in December, according to police.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... artin-debt

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu May 24, 2018 1:55 pm

:violin:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu May 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Any clue how Zimmerman ran up a debt of that size? Maybe he bought a Florida mansion or a San Francisco townhouse.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu May 24, 2018 5:28 pm

I don't usually encourage suicide unless someone is in intractable agony, but in George's case I'd make an exception. :evil:
X3

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu May 24, 2018 5:47 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:23 pm
Any clue how Zimmerman ran up a debt of that size? Maybe he bought a Florida mansion or a San Francisco townhouse.
Yeah, I'm curious about this too. Did he lose a judgement somewhere? Did he somehow owe a bunch of taxes on all his donations?

Is this filing publically available?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu May 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Or maybe he’s lying.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm

There's a whole lot of crazy in these four paragraphs.
George Zimmerman has reportedly said he's sold the pistol he used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin during an altercation.

Zimmerman told Las Vegas TV station KTNV on Friday that he's accepting a bid for $250,000 after an auction for the gun closed this week.

A Daytona Beach, Florida, bar owner told the News-Journal newspaper that Zimmerman had accepted his bid for $150,000 but instead backed out for the higher bid. Denny Honeycutt told the paper that Zimmerman said the buyer was a woman who was giving the gun as a birthday present to her son.

"I thought he was a man of his word," Honeycutt told the paper.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-zim ... on-martin/
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:25 pm
Or maybe he’s lying.
:yeah: Zimmerman is a known liar. All you have to do to figure that out is listen to his non-emergency call and then compare his written statement. His written statement (written after he killed Martin) and his phone call (prior to shooting Martin) in no way, shape, or form tell the same story. The only reason I believe the police never confronted Zimmerman about the discrepancies in his story is because they took his side immediately, due to the fact that Trayvon was black. I say that with full and complete confidence - I live less than 5 miles from where Trayvon was shot. The police had a serious problem with covering up violence actions by relatives and friends of police officers whenever the victim was a black person even before Zimmerman killed Trayvon.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu May 24, 2018 6:55 pm

I fully believe RVInit. This case stunk from beginning to end.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

tencats

Post by tencats » Thu May 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Commentary: George Zimmerman is broke? Thank you karma
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/ ... story.html
And so George Zimmerman says he is $2.5 million in debt and has no income.

Awwww. Can you see my crocodile tears streaming down your smart phone or computer?

It seems to me that karma is dealing with Mr. Zimmerman, Nature’s Way of righting a wrong.
:snippity:
Zimmerman is trying to beat the rap by filing a not-guilty plea and requesting a jury trial.

But he claims to be broke, which is why he will be represented by the Public Defender’s Office.

But hey, didn’t Georgie Boy profit off this tragedy auctioning off the gun he used to kill Martin? He made a nice chunk of cheese, $250,000 from that transaction in 2016.

What about the money he made from selling his paintings of the Confederate battle flag in 2015?

“I painted the confederate flag backed by the American flag because I believe that anything can stand with the American flag behind it,” he said at the time. “My confederate flag painting also represents the hypocrisy of political correctness that is plaguing this nation.”
24 May 2016
George Zimmerman 'sells Trayvon Martin gun for $250,000 to a mother planning to give it to her son for his birthday'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5GSlK3HS0

Gun that killed Trayvon Martin 'makes $250,000 for Zimmerman'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36354206

18 August 2015
George Zimmerman sells rebel flag art 'to raise legal fees'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33979927
Copies of the painting are selling for $50 a piece, each signed and numbered by Mr Zimmerman. It is unclear how many copies have so far been sold.

Mr Zimmerman's last painting, which features a blue American flag with the words "God, one nation, with liberty and justice for all", sold on Ebay for over $100,000.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm

That is just sick.
X3

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Even if he did make a few hundred grand on eBay, that doesn't explain a $2.5 million debt. I'd love to know what bank loaned this guy that kind of money.
This bramble need not be traversed.

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”