Meanwhile, Over at Harvard

Whatever4

Meanwhile, Over at Harvard

Post by Whatever4 »

Like many on Titter, I’m saying “Huh? Wuh? What did I just read?”

Down the rabbit hole with only one side and nothing ggogleable.

What. An. Idiot.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Sterngard Friegen

Re: Meanwhile, Over at Harvard

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I feel sorry for the law professor's ex wife, but the rest of them are idiots, narcissists, grifters, morons and worse. If the professor is, in fact, on the spectrum, that may explain some of his utterly bizarre behavior. If not he is an idiot savant who knows a lot about the law and absolutely nothing about human beings.

Pro tip: [spoiler alert]
► Show Spoiler
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Spend any time on forums discussing parents or partners suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissism, or other Cluster B disorders, and you'll see all the major elements of this story* show up over and over again in other people's horror stories.

*Lying, threatening, fake suicide threats, harassing, stalking, faux victimhood.

And it is true that predators tend to be pretty good at spotting potential prey.
I've heard this bull before.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I stopped reading the article after the hardware store encounter.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 am I stopped reading the article after the hardware store encounter.
The same. The first paragraph was enough to understand the whole saga.
was in Tags Hardware in Cambridge, Massachusetts, near his home, when a young woman with long reddish-brown hair approached him to ask where she could find batteries. It was still very much winter, and, once the woman got his attention, he saw that underneath her dark woolen coat and perfectly tied scarf she was wearing a dress and a chic pair of boots — hardly typical weekend-errand attire in the New England college town. When he directed her to another part of the store, she changed the subject. “By the way, you’re very attractive,” he remembers her saying.
It is times like those where straight sorta-married guys could really use a gay wingman to help steer and keep them out of trouble. I can't count the number of times I've interrupted straight friends from making a poor error in judgement. :towel: All your PhDs aren't going to save you from human nature.
voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

I read this yesterday and then rather wished I hadn't because it just made me feel sad and gross and I can manage that all on my own. And I agree, it's the kids and the ex-wife who I really feel for here.
It is times like those where straight sorta-married guys could really use a gay wingman to help steer and keep them out of trouble.
Shit, sounds like the dude needed a leash, not a wingman. Divorced, but still living with a partner, with whom he's had two post-divorce children, in a vaguely non-monogamous relationship with a circle of "intense" friendships with other women. None of that's even a bad thing, necessarily, everyone consenting, but I read "entitled dude with boundary issues" between all those lines and no one's an easier mark than someone who believes they're entitled to anything.
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn
voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

And I don't really know why the ex-wife has stayed with him besides love is strange and housing is expensive.
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

DejaMoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:57 am Spend any time on forums discussing parents or partners suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissism, or other Cluster B disorders, and you'll see all the major elements of this story* show up over and over again in other people's horror stories.

*Lying, threatening, fake suicide threats, harassing, stalking, faux victimhood.

And it is true that predators tend to be pretty good at spotting potential prey.
Wait, is this the Sporky thread?
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”