I have backups of Fogbow Pages

You never know, something important could happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: I have backups of Fogbow Pages

Post by Foggy »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm For 4 decades I've been building my own huge private internet archive. (Started back in the BBS days). I save every or nearly every webpage I visit, the videos are only saved if I like them though. This means every or nearly every Fogbow page I visited is backed up. Let me know. (They're almost entirely the "Gavin Seim" sub thread though).

- Jade
I don't know how that would work. The forum must be created post-by-post, and I don't think I can just insert pages full of posts.

Too bad, too, the most popular topic on Fogbow really ought to be "Call Me Gav". :lol: :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: Umm ... no. :?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm For 4 decades I've been building my own huge private internet archive. (Started back in the BBS days). I save every or nearly every webpage I visit, the videos are only saved if I like them though. This means every or nearly every Fogbow page I visited is backed up. Let me know. (They're almost entirely the "Gavin Seim" sub thread though).

- Jade
:o you sure must have a yuuge basement. Or did you make a deal with Obamas presidential archive to hold the Orly Taitz threads :?:
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:45 pm

- Jade
:o you sure must have a yuuge basement. Or did you make a deal with Obamas presidential archive to hold the Orly Taitz threads :?:
Terrabytes Shmerrabytes. We're talking Petabytes. =) And in the early days things didn't take up much space. My videos don't even take up the most space, they're roughly around 8 Terrabytes.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Foggy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 pm

- Jade
I don't know how that would work. The forum must be created post-by-post, and I don't think I can just insert pages full of posts.

Too bad, too, the most popular topic on Fogbow really ought to be "Call Me Gav". :lol: :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: Umm ... no. :?
Yeah, you'd have to do an unwieldy "cut and paste" for hundreds of pages. I don't touch Windows or Mac OS's with a 10' pole (nor do any of those close to me), but Linux has all sorts of programs to automate such tasks. I used them all the time on my forums, websites, and game servers before I gave it [the servers websites and such] all up to return to Mexico.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You are the Samuel Pepys of the Call Me Gav thread! :D
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's a darn shame we lost all them semi-pr0n photos of his wife's butt. :P

No, wait ... that's a feature, not a glitch. I never did find her very attractive.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “Announcements”