Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

I have backups of Fogbow Pages

You never know, something important could happen.
jadedmonk

I have backups of Fogbow Pages

Post by jadedmonk »

For 4 decades I've been building my own huge private internet archive. (Started back in the BBS days). I save every or nearly every webpage I visit, the videos are only saved if I like them though. This means every or nearly every Fogbow page I visited is backed up. Let me know. (They're almost entirely the "Gavin Seim" sub thread though).

- Jade
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Re: I have backups of Fogbow Pages

Post by zekeb »

If you can snip my avatar I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me in a pvt message.
Il factotum
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Same here. I want my old avatar.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Me, too, but I think this probably isn't a priority right now. I've tried bringing back mine, but what I used to use is now deemed too large.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Foggy may need to change a setting to allow larger avatars. I'm responsible for breaking the board. I was cleaning out old junk files and decided that I didn't need a copy of that avatar anymore. Into the trash it creeped ~~~~
Il factotum
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

zekeb wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm Foggy may need to change a setting to allow larger avatars. I'm responsible for breaking the board. I was cleaning out old junk files and decided that I didn't need a copy of that avatar anymore. Into the trash it creeped ~~~~
Yes, my old avatar no longer works tho' it's teeny tiny, as avatars go.....This is a minor issue but I'm obsessing about it.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 pm
zekeb wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm Foggy may need to change a setting to allow larger avatars. I'm responsible for breaking the board. I was cleaning out old junk files and decided that I didn't need a copy of that avatar anymore. Into the trash it creeped ~~~~
Yes, my old avatar no longer works tho' it's teeny tiny, as avatars go.....This is a minor issue but I'm obsessing about it.
My old one didn’t work either. I used this app on my phone called “Image Size.” I have an iphone - no idea whether this app works for other phones, but if not, there’s probably one like it.

It lets you set the size of the image - I set mine to 85x85 pixels, it took it to under 5kb.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

You can resize using Windows paint to resize to 90X90 pixels...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That would be awesome Jadedmonk. There's been so much amazing research and so many great posts. Hope some will be able to come back. Thank you for saving them! Are they somewhere that can be accessed?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Thanks Foggy for embiggening avatar size!!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm For 4 decades I've been building my own huge private internet archive. (Started back in the BBS days). I save every or nearly every webpage I visit, the videos are only saved if I like them though. This means every or nearly every Fogbow page I visited is backed up. Let me know. (They're almost entirely the "Gavin Seim" sub thread though).

- Jade
I don't know how that would work. The forum must be created post-by-post, and I don't think I can just insert pages full of posts.

Too bad, too, the most popular topic on Fogbow really ought to be "Call Me Gav". :lol: :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: Umm ... no. :?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:47 pm For 4 decades I've been building my own huge private internet archive. (Started back in the BBS days). I save every or nearly every webpage I visit, the videos are only saved if I like them though. This means every or nearly every Fogbow page I visited is backed up. Let me know. (They're almost entirely the "Gavin Seim" sub thread though).

- Jade
:o you sure must have a yuuge basement. Or did you make a deal with Obamas presidential archive to hold the Orly Taitz threads :?:
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:45 pm

- Jade
:o you sure must have a yuuge basement. Or did you make a deal with Obamas presidential archive to hold the Orly Taitz threads :?:
Terrabytes Shmerrabytes. We're talking Petabytes. =) And in the early days things didn't take up much space. My videos don't even take up the most space, they're roughly around 8 Terrabytes.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Foggy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 pm

- Jade
I don't know how that would work. The forum must be created post-by-post, and I don't think I can just insert pages full of posts.

Too bad, too, the most popular topic on Fogbow really ought to be "Call Me Gav". :lol: :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: Umm ... no. :?
Yeah, you'd have to do an unwieldy "cut and paste" for hundreds of pages. I don't touch Windows or Mac OS's with a 10' pole (nor do any of those close to me), but Linux has all sorts of programs to automate such tasks. I used them all the time on my forums, websites, and game servers before I gave it [the servers websites and such] all up to return to Mexico.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You are the Samuel Pepys of the Call Me Gav thread! :D
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's a darn shame we lost all them semi-pr0n photos of his wife's butt. :P

No, wait ... that's a feature, not a glitch. I never did find her very attractive.
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Announcements”