Re: The Happy Things Thread

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:44 pm

I think sloths are cool! Thanks!

:-D

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 am

The awful news of this weekend put a bit of a damper on it, but yesterday Mrs. FRP and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. How she puts up with my nonsense, I will never fully understand, but I got smart enough not to question it a long time ago.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 am

This isn't personal but still a happy-inducing thing. Grandson takes 80something grandmother on road trip to national parks. In one video, she's rolling in the sand at Great Sand Dunes.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ ... sroadtrip/

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:26 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 am
The awful news of this weekend put a bit of a damper on it, but yesterday Mrs. FRP and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. How she puts up with my nonsense, I will never fully understand, but I got smart enough not to question it a long time ago.
Congrats to FRPs! :thumbs:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am

https://people.com/pets/indianapolis-zo ... om-panama/
Lotsa pics and a video.
The Indianapolis Zoo Welcomes Six Adorable Rescue Sloths From Panama

Indiana’s sloth population just got bigger!

Six new rescue slots from Panama have just made the Indianapolis Zoo their new home. They join the current five — Quinto, Harvey, Sid, Wilson and ET— to make one big, happy sloth family.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:55 am

Sloths are cute. Males are solitary. I just wonder why, when there are quite a few sloth rescue rehabs in Panama and Costa Rica, they would be brought to the US?

I'll shut up now.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:32 pm

As seen outside my kitchen window today, a beauty and her little beast :lovestruck:
Wildlife.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:37 pm

:lovestruck:

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:56 pm

We have to give a big welcome to the Primrose Pickle. The neighbor of a friend rescued Pickle’s litter, and they named all the kitties with names of flowers. When the grandkids saw her first photo D said, “Let’s call her Pickle”. So her official name became Primrose Pickle. She’s not afraid of anything or any creature, except Trudy, senior extremely large old country cat, compared to Pickle’s bitty self that is, not that Pickle seems to mind Trudy’s attitude in the slightest LOL!
Pickle.jpg
:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 pm

:lovestruck:
Optimal whisker spread. Good Pickle.
Image Image Image Image Image

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-new ... s11#page=2
Candle creations light the way to empowerment for adults with disabilities

It was Schmidt’s daughter Jessica who has CPS 1 deficiency, which causes toxic levels of ammonia to accumulate in the blood, who inspired her to start making candles in her home many years ago. Three years in, the effort grew to where 10 to 15 of Jessica’s friends with special needs would gather in a social atmosphere where work and fun took center stage.

“I wanted to give (Jessica) a purpose. I wanted to give her a productive life,” said Schmidt, who knew at that point a business was blooming. “We started making candles in the bedroom and I could see that Jessica really loved it.”

“We want (those with intellectual and developmental disabilities) to shine both as people and as skilled candle makers,” Schmidt said. “These are their products and we want them to take pride in that. They all have unique personalities but are driven toward the same goal, and that is to succeed.”

“When I started ScentsAbility, there were very few, if any, nonprofits that had a retail product,” Schmidt said. “Now it’s become a little more popular. We are the longest running company of this kind in Florida.”

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:53 am

:like:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 7698757789
Teen dresses up in costumes to meet little brother at school bus stop

Known as the “Bus Stop Brother,” 17-year-old Noah Tingle has made a name for himself online with videos of him greeting his 12-year-old brother from school every day in a new costume.
Video at link.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 7698757789
Teen dresses up in costumes to meet little brother at school bus stop

Known as the “Bus Stop Brother,” 17-year-old Noah Tingle has made a name for himself online with videos of him greeting his 12-year-old brother from school every day in a new costume.
Video at link.
:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 am

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 am

Me.

I've been experiencing absolute happiness for a couple of months now.

Which is pretty froody.

This will be my last post on the Fogbow as Slarti.

Love you all!
:grouphug: :happydance: :vacuum: :bunny: :happyfamily: :gotalink: :hijacked: :machinegun: :flame: :50caliber: :nooo: :ymca: :duel: :thor: :mememe: :knitting: :whisper: :happydance: :grouphug:

:towel:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:44 am

:winner:

MRich

Post by MRich » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Four dolphins - 2 mothers and their calves - became stranded in a Florida canal and were rescued by a human chain leading them to safety:

More details here: https://www.southernthing.com/human-cha ... 33055.html

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:11 pm

I thought this was a sweet thing for the truckers to do.
https://www.wlbt.com/2019/09/20/trucker ... rm-cancer/

Return to “The Lounge”