My house is haunted

MsDaisy

Re: My house is haunted

Post by MsDaisy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:20 am

Azastan wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 am

This is Sundowner Syndrome in cats.
I've never heard of that but I just looked it up and it sure could be. She's otherwise healthy, gosh that's all we need, a demented cat. I think I'd rather have the ghost! LOL

Trudy is the cuddle kitty, she comes every morning for a good cuddle and then goes on her way.
Birfers are toast

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:30 am

I have an 18 year old who used to find her 'special spot' and made a particular deep meow/howl. She doesn't do it anymore, possibly because she's now completely deaf.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

This is extremely strange. Remember our new baby kitty Pickle?
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1107959

Today I had my granddaughter here and Pickle had been ricocheting around the house playing and pouncing like kitties do, then we didn’t see her for a while so we went looking and calling for her. Finally standing in the front hall by the stairs Alice said, “I hear her”. So I stopped and listened very hard. Hearing is not one of my better abilities but sure enough I heard a very faint meow coming from upstairs. So the two of us headed up there to see what she was up to and when we got to the top of the stairs we both froze jaws open. Pickle was inside the closed window, outside of the window sash and inside the screen, standing on her hind legs facing in with her front paws reaching up and out as far as they could. :shock: This is the oldest part of the house and has the original heavy 200 y/o windows that don’t stay up on their own anymore but require a bit of wood to prop them open. But it’s 900° outside with 80% humidity (slight exaggeration) so the windows were closed. How the fuck do you suppose that happened?
:swoon:
Birfers are toast

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Today I had my granddaughter here and Pickle had been ricocheting around the house playing and pouncing like kitties do, then we didn’t see her for a while so we went looking and calling for her. Finally standing in the front hall by the stairs Alice said, “I hear her”. So I stopped and listened very hard. Hearing is not one of my better abilities but sure enough I heard a very faint meow coming from upstairs. So the two of us headed up there to see what she was up to and when we got to the top of the stairs we both froze jaws open. Pickle was inside the closed window, outside of the window sash and inside the screen, standing on her hind legs facing in with her front paws reaching up and out as far as they could. :shock: This is the oldest part of the house and has the original heavy 200 y/o windows that don’t stay up on their own anymore but require a bit of wood to prop them open. But it’s 900° outside with 80% humidity (slight exaggeration) so the windows were closed. How the fuck do you suppose that happened?
I'm guessing some combination of cat - granddaughter - ricocheting around might have had something to do with it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm
:snippity: . But it’s 900° outside with 80% humidity (slight exaggeration) so the windows were closed. How the fuck do you suppose that happened?
:lol: global warming :lol:

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 pm
:lol: global warming :lol:
:lol:
Birfers are toast

Return to “The Lounge”