What are you watching on TV these days?

AndyinPA

Re: What are you watching on TV these days?

Post by AndyinPA »

Almost anything but the news. :-D

Seriously, I took a break yesterday and highly recommend it. I click in occasionally, but I can't keep focused on it all day.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Les Mills on Demand on Roku. Watching Musical Asskicking, I move the furniture out of the way and kick ASS!

I finally got to post in this thread! Yay me! This is the greatest day of my life!
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

kate520

Post by kate520 »

We don’t have cable, just streaming. News programs are the hardest to find so I don’t even try. I get money mine*. from Newspapers, internet and the biggest, smartest collection of news junkies in the entire world right here. I loves my Fogbow.

CBS just dropped the whole season of Picard

*stupid autocorrect
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

kate520 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 pm
We don’t have cable, just streaming. News programs are the hardest to find so I don’t even try. I get money mine*. from Newspapers, internet and the biggest, smartest collection of news junkies in the entire world right here. I loves my Fogbow.

CBS just dropped the whole season of Picard

*stupid autocorrect
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

kate520

Post by kate520 »

I canna open the spoiler, sir.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

bob

Post by bob »

kate520 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 pm
I canna open the spoiler, sir.
Workaround: Hit the "reply with quote" button.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 »

:oops: I knew that :oops:

:liar:
Ta, bob.

I look forward to that, Stern. Can they come to my house next?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

we have CBS All-Access. I’ve been watching Survivor. Pretty people in pretty scenery fighting each other in dirty underwear. What’s not to love?
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Ozark is supposed to drop on Netflix today.

One weird thing watching TV: normal people interacting, hugging, eating at nice restaurants, etc.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Tiger King is getting excellent reviews.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mostly depressing news shows.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:09 pm
Mostly depressing news shows.
Me too. Except for Saturday westerns on MeTV.

bob

Post by bob »

"Tiger King" delivers the hyped weirdness.* It is about the big egos behind the big-cat industry, and the characters are "entertaining" subjects.

But Netflix touts this as a documentary when it is more akin to reality television. The editing creates drama and cliffhangers, and leaves/teases out facts to tell the narrative it wants to tell.

And I would not be surprised if Sacha-Cohen-esque lawsuits follow, as it is pretty clear some of the subjects (especially the main ones) thought the crew was making a different "documentary."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie »

Agree with Bob :like:
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Addie

Post by Addie »

This is a gnarly one: Black Sun on Amazon Prime, a Serbian crime thriller/historical drama; (English subtitles). If you're good at keeping track of an enormous cast and who's what, you're all set. I, on the other hand, surrendered after the first episode, and relaxed into the historical drama. The series is set mainly in the not-yet Yugoslavia between the wars. If you have an interest in the period and region, then I recommend it. If you don't, I don't.

The lead characters are two Belgrade police inspectors investigating ritual serial murders connected to relics having mystical powers. The older inspector, a war veteran with PTSD, is played by a very good actor. The younger inspector, naive but sweet, is possibly the worst-dressed actor in television history. Every woman, whatever her station in life, is depicted as a whore. It can be melodramatic and goofy.

Gnarly, like I said, the population of Belgrade at this time, in addition to returned soldiers and local prostitutes, is made up of people from various "homelands" and religious institutions, and is a crossroads in the important Balkan opium trade coming from Turkey in competition with Macedonia. The woods, for some reason, are full of Armenians.

Spies, security services, police agencies, all busy representing the interests of their home governments; such as a battalion of White Russians led by a Russian general in Serbia to locate and retrieve the relics, a nameless "Monk" feared by all, and an incipient but inspired nazi artist, an imprisoned revolutionary and his femme fatale sister; banksters, manufacturers, freedom fighters, politicians, princes all swimming in the same stew of crime and corruption.

Lordy. There are second and third seasons to come.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Not to be confused with "Gun of the Black Sun" also on Amazon. Honestly the whole Black Sun thing is disturbingly widely used.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

What I'm NOT watching? Trump's Me Me Me Me Me Daily Updates. I turn if OFF, not just turn down the volume. I don't want my TV tuned into any channel during the hour or so that windbag is bloviating. I can watch Fauci on Youtube any time I want.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So, I started watching Ozark a couple of weeks ago. Last night I finished the last two or three episodes of Season 3. :shock:

That is a really good show. I wasn't 100% surprised by what happened at the end of the last episode but thought it would play out more slowly.

Westworld. I'm not loving or hating the current season. It's OK, not great, but not terrible. So far I have to say Season 1 is my favorite. Some answers are supposedly going to be revealed in episode 4. I hope so, it'll be over with soon.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

HBO To Stream 500 Hours Of Free Programming, Including Full Seasons Of ‘Veep’, ‘The Wire’, ‘Silicon Valley’

https://deadline.com/2020/04/hbo-stream ... 202899124/
HBO is doing its part to provide some entertainment relief for everyone who’s staying home amid the coronavirus crisis. The premium cabler is making nearly 500 hours of top programming available to stream for free for a limited time on HBO Now and HBO GO without a subscription beginning Friday, April 3.

The content includes every episode of nine iconic HBO series such as The Sopranos, Veep, Six Feet Under and The Wire; Warner Bros. blockbusters from HBO’s current catalog like Pokémon Detective Pikachu, The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part and Crazy, Stupid, Love; and 10 HBO documentaries and docuseries including McMillion$ and The Case Against Adnan Syed.

The programming will be available to stream by downloading the HBO Now or HBO GO apps or by visiting HBONow.com or HBOGo.com. The content will also be made available for free via participating distribution partners’ platforms in the coming days.
We are told by LE: If you see something, say something. -- I agree.
If you see something, video record it, uploaded it, and say something!

Addie

Post by Addie »

Anyone watch Blow The Man Down on Amazon Prime? I enjoyed it. I love that fishing village murder mystery stuff. :thumbs:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Addie wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 pm
Anyone watch Blow The Man Down on Amazon Prime? I enjoyed it. I love that fishing village murder mystery stuff. :thumbs:
I got just beyond the dismemberment and heave ho into the ocean and then some other shiny object distracted my attention.

I didn't find any of the characters to be sympathetic in the least.

Does it get any better?

Addie

Post by Addie »

I thought it was good :blink:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Please don't mention anything you think could remotely be a spoiler!! We're watching Ozark, Season 3. We love the show. We haven't watched the entire season, so please, no comments on how it ends. :cantlook: :shh:
Ditto for other shows. We don't have much entertainment beyond streaming series.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

:rotflmao:

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

On my Internet-attached TV I've been watching Alton Brown and his wife on Tuesday evenings at 7, and James May (Top Gear/Grand Tour) videos on YouTube, he makes a variety of entertaining content from DriveTribe, FoodTribe, Big Ideas, Reassembler and other shows.

Return to “The Lounge”