What are you watching on TV these days?

Addie

Re: What are you watching on TV these days?

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Binge-watched Deep State. A fine collection of rat bastards and their dirty doings in Africa. Worth watching, I thought. :thumbs:

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 am

I guess I will watch this next.
Rolling Stone: Prayer, Politics and Power: ‘The Family’ Reveals Our Insidious American Theocracy

Based on author Jeff Sharlet’s book of the same name, the Netflix docuseries highlights a secret (homoerotic) Christian cabal that you’ve never heard of

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:44 am

Addie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 am
Rolling Stone: Prayer, Politics and Power: ‘The Family’ Reveals Our Insidious American Theocracy

Based on author Jeff Sharlet’s book of the same name, the Netflix docuseries highlights a secret (homoerotic) Christian cabal that you’ve never heard of

I have heard of him, so I think this will be a must watch for me.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:03 pm

I don't recommend watching this, unless you want to feel like slitting your throat. I'm one of Foggy's doom-seers now. They've got us in a trap and there's no way out. :blackeye:

Addie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 am

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Season 2 of Knightfall on Netflix is wonderful, especially because of Mark Hamill. So impressed. He has a scene in E3 "Faith" at 40 minutes in that's just gorgeous. Gotta be an Emmy. Beautifully shot show, well done.

My buddy's Claes Bang's Dracula is coming up, can't wait! It's 3 episodes, 4hrs 30mins total (same as Sherlock, same producers) and it took SEVEN MONTHS to shoot it. It'll be on BBC first but then Netflix worldwide. It's a great break for him. Coming this Winter.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 am

Hitler's Circle of Evil, docuseries on Netflix. Recommended.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:49 am

Columbo. Peter Falk is so good.

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:19 am

I haven't seen a lot of good stuff lately. Apart from "Trapped" which was excellent, although season 1 reminded me of the joke where a baby polar bear asks his parents if he's really a polar bear. The slow reveal of Hjörtur's head over four episodes was brilliant. The whole Hjörtur saga really which is pretty much the entire season. Season 2 was great too. "London Kills" was just awful.

Anyway, I just started "Money Heist" on Netflix. It's something like 23 hours, and I'm only 4 episodes in but I can't stop watching. I have no idea what's going to happen.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:53 am

Oh, Season 3 of Goliath is coming soon. I'm going to watch Season 2 again to get ready. Fantastic show.

Also too, I second PaulG on Trapped. :thumbs:

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Not what you were looking for, I know, but there's a crime drama on Amazon Prime I've started watching, City on a Hill. Terrific cast and set in Boston, so I thought I'd mention it.
Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:03 am
F@#$& Trump.

Now I’m looking for a costume drama or romance. Something pretty with no violence. Set in another time and place. I now have Britbox, so there’s that. Any ideas?

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm
Not what you were looking for, I know, but there's a crime drama on Amazon Prime I've started watching, City on a Hill. Terrific cast and set in Boston, so I thought I'd mention it.
I can't watch this, because I don't have ShowTime, but I was reminded of a nearly unrelated thing. Here is a BBC Radio 4 comedy lecture about the original city of Boston.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 pm

I pick up these extra channels like Show Time temporarily, when I want to watch something in particular, then drop it at the end of the time period. I couldn't afford to keep them all.

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:07 am

Goliath season 3, I'm looking forward also.

My 2 cents, worth watching on Amazon.
"What We Did On Our Holiday." movie
"Huge, in France" series
We're watching "The Closer" lately.
Not for everyone, my personal favorite of the year, "Teenage Dirtbag."

Oh, how could I forget, "Deadwood" the series, and "Deadwood" the movie.

busterbunker

Post by busterbunker » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:09 am

Anyone catch Chappelle's latest ditty?

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 am

Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:49 am
Columbo. Peter Falk is so good.
Agreed.

I didn't know the format is known as "inverted detective" (the perpetrator is known up front).

I also discovered his first name was Frank (taken from blowups of his credentials in a few episodes).

Another small thing was that his clothing was his own (a curious triviality).

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:59 am

Death Row Stories which Robert Redford produced. It is illuminating, maddening and heartening.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am

Trackdown with Robert Culp, the Pueblo Kid episode. Oh my, that is one very young Michael Landon as the guest star :lovestruck:

MRich

Post by MRich » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am

Kendra wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am
Trackdown with Robert Culp, the Pueblo Kid episode. Oh my, that is one very young Michael Landon as the guest star :lovestruck:
Young Michael Landon was gorgeous, wasn't he? He had a scholarship to USC (had the year's high school record for javelin throw), but tore his shoulder and had to drop out. But he still had that body!

(I'm actually going to Carson City / Virginia City next week to celebrate Bonanza's 60th anniversary with some Bonanza friends. I'm a Bonanza nerd.)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am

Succession on HBO. Season 2 much better than Season One.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 am

American Factory on Netflix. Starts a little slow, but gets real interesting.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 pm

MRich wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am
Kendra wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am
Young Michael Landon was gorgeous, wasn't he? He had a scholarship to USC (had the year's high school record for javelin throw), but tore his shoulder and had to drop out. But he still had that body!

(I'm actually going to Carson City / Virginia City next week to celebrate Bonanza's 60th anniversary with some Bonanza friends. I'm a Bonanza nerd.)
I loved visiting the *ranch* at North end of Tahoe, touristy as it was. I geeked at Little Joe's green jacket hanging at the front door.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/bonanza-ponde ... ch-1478031

Looks like the land was sold and the new owner closed it? :crying:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:27 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 am
American Factory on Netflix. Starts a little slow, but gets real interesting.
It was really good, if sad.

I also watched The Family. The first two episodes were pretty much similar to the book. The last three or four were new information, more in depth.

There is definitely a Deep State, and it is The Family.

It is as depressing as it comes, but I would highly recommend it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:31 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am
Succession on HBO. Season 2 much better than Season One.
I love this show, dark humor and all. I never paid much attention to Kieran Culkin before, but he does a good job in this series.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

MRich

Post by MRich » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 pm
I loved visiting the *ranch* at North end of Tahoe, touristy as it was. I geeked at Little Joe's green jacket hanging at the front door.

I never went to the park when it was open. My understanding: When it closed, a dot com millionaire bought it and maintained the buildings for a while. He would open the house for special events - I went to a barbecue there in 2014. (We were driven to the house through the "town" but weren't allowed there to get out until we got to the ranch house. We were allowed to go inside the house, which was a little creepy.)

But I believe I heard he is taking the buildings down - the ranch house might be going to a local park/museum/something. That land is probably pretty valuable, and I'm sure maintaining the buildings was getting to be a big expense.

Lorne Greene had a house in Mesa, Arizona, which was a modernized Ponderosa. It was bought by fan who had a 60th anniversary celebration in February, but recently sold. If you want to see pictures of that house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/602-S-Edge ... /?mmlb=g,0

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:02 pm

MRich wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Kendra wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 pm

I never went to the park when it was open. My understanding: When it closed, a dot com millionaire bought it and maintained the buildings for a while. He would open the house for special events - I went to a barbecue there in 2014. (We were driven to the house through the "town" but weren't allowed there to get out until we got to the ranch house. We were allowed to go inside the house, which was a little creepy.)

But I believe I heard he is taking the buildings down - the ranch house might be going to a local park/museum/something. That land is probably pretty valuable, and I'm sure maintaining the buildings was getting to be a big expense.

Lorne Greene had a house in Mesa, Arizona, which was a modernized Ponderosa. It was bought by fan who had a 60th anniversary celebration in February, but recently sold. If you want to see pictures of that house:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/602-S-Edge ... /?mmlb=g,0
I can imagine keeping up the old structures would be expensive, especially without paying crowds to help with the upkeep. Sad, but so glad I took the tour when I was able to. A must for Bonanza geeks like me.

The Ponderosa house you linked to is very cool, thank you for that.

Return to “The Lounge”